Am I doomed to always have my parents spouting I told you so whenever my shitbox starts acting up?

Am I doomed to always have my parents spouting I told you so whenever my shitbox starts acting up?
I have a 2003 Mustang GT which they advised me not to get because “muh RWD is not safe in the snow (Michigan winters suck)
Anyways it was having hesitation issues and my dad was helping me through them we finally found out it was a misfire and fixed it
However through the whole process my mother was constantly telling me why I shouldn’t have traded in my “safe and economical” car (2011 Mini Cooper base model) and got that “unreliable dangerous car”
If my old man and her made it out alive driving RWD in the 60’s and 70’s then why can’t I? I know she just doesn’t want to see me in an accident but I bought it so I could have a fun DD and she doesn’t seem to get that.
Is there anything I can say to get her to stop?

Yes

Most parents are extremely vindictive and petty when their kid does something they disagree with, especially boomer parents.

Move out and get on with your life.

I am moved out but sadly it’s either buy a garage and $3k worth of tools or whenever it has issues I have to run back to their house and fix it in their garage

Just get a real set of actual snow tires for the winter. I piloted a S197 GT with 4.10 gears some years ago through a few shitty winters in Germany of all places and did fine ... with the snow tires

You don’t understand I’m afraid.
I can drive just fine I’ve driven with my mother and father in the car during winter and it was fine and they even said I was driving well
The issue is my mother likes to kick me while I’m down by insulting my car choice and trying to convince me to sell it whenever there’s an issue that requires me to fix it (such as the misfire)

Stop being their chauffeur and visit them less and less.

>Michigan winters suck
Unless you're in the TC area or UP, they've been pretty mild the last few years.

Where in Michigan are you?

>gen X parents
>constantly get on my ass about my car after I demanded a shitbox and not have them waste their money on a shitty new car like a versa or mirage
I just think all parents are vindictive fucks

That's what moms do, they bitch and bitch. Basically you gotta grow a pair and tell her to stfu sometime, or you won't hear the end of it

>I drive a 15 year old pickup
>parents both drive 2013 crossovers
Pickup has had no problems, both crossovers have had multiple trips to dealers for warranty fixing, and one of them has an unfixable problem with the front-collison detector stuff

I kinda have the same parents. They dismiss me for wanting to get a 90s shit box, but it's ok to spend 10k on a newer ford focus or chevy whatever.

My brother does the same thing, even when he finances a 30k 2013 dodge ram.

Why can't they just respect that I want to pretend to drive a race car with easy to swap parts?

>Mini Cooper
>safe and economical

Those things fold like tissue paper in a crash and their engines commit suicide all the time.

>have a miata
>work on it a lot
>mom complains about how "it's too old and dangerous!"
>mom is also into tesla car memes, saying how I should get one because of the self driving safety mechanics
>dad always look at me in disappointed because the front of the car looks "too girly"
>still love my miata, it's fun as hell to drive it

Prove you can drive safe and fix it yourself. Your parents should stfu and might even be impressed.

I'd like one in the future but how is it in the winter?

>not reminding your dad you've been deeper and made your mom scream louder than he ever did

>Anything i can do to make her stop?
Yes, move out.
As long as you're under their roof they can say absolutely anything they want to you.

>Trade old commodore for SX ST162 hatchback, both parents say its going to be one of the worst decisions i'll make and the other guy is practically stealing my car from me

>Day of trade.
SX overheats if driven too much and also stalls if left idle after ignition, parents go apeshit. I trade for it anyways.
>It overheats because battery was not in properly and knocked the fan cables we're out of their socket
>it stalls because their was a tiny hose leak that was fixed in five minutes thanks to some handywork
im really happy with it now desu

>Mustang- unreliable and dangerous
>Mini- dependable and safe
Women shouldn't talk about cars

FPBP

promise me lads...promise me if you do have kids one day to be like Bunta as a father

>am I doomed to having my parents spouting “I told you so”?

Not if you move out of mommy and daddy’s house, faggot

>tell parents I'm gonna buy a car for myself with my own money
>tell them it's gonna be an 80s shitbox
>dad ambivalent, mom freaks
>mom continues to freak through the months leading up to the purchase
>buy the car
>mom freaks
>bring car home
>mom falls in love with it at first sight
>asks me to drive her to the store in it
>sends all her friends pictures of me in it
>starts sending me pictures of other cars like mine she sees around town

Im gonna go with the don draper approach desu. Make lots of money and only show up to fuck wife and be the good parent.

Well im glad you had a happy ending user. Im currently in the process of building my work history, so in about 1 month I will be able to get a loan for a nismo. All I get is shit from my parents about the insurance costs and wasting money etc.

Actually the worst when your parents concern themselves with your personal finances even though I could easily afford this car.

>I will be able to get a loan for a nismo
>Easily afford this car
No, the bank could easily afford it.

she's shit testing you, which is weird coming from your mother

Good one, but I need to build credit.

I have a similar story
>Buy 400 dollar eclipse to get to and from summer internship; lowest trim, 1996, automatic
>Automatic, good exterior, shit interior
>Everyone is fucking skeptical about my car
>Lowkey so am I
>Mom especially doesn't like it
>Says I wasted my money and that I should've gotten a different car
>Drop about $400 in it fixing issues, disc brakes, facelift, etc etc
>End of summer, find another eclipse; gs, 1999, doesn't run and likely hadn't run since 2011 looking at the title
>Peeling clear coat exterior/dented/weathered, Pristine interior, 5 speed manual
>Better than what I got (on the inside anyway)
>Tow it home expecting everyone to shit on me for buying another shitbox
>Everyone loves it
>Especially my mom
>ok whatever
>Get it running and registered, figured I could sell the old one for around $1500 since I fixed it up pretty well
>Mom objects
>"It's a good car user, if you don't want it I'll drive it around"
>"You know I could take the $1500 and get something infinitely better"
>"But I like this one, why do I need another one"

THIS.
and op dont you ever sell a fun car you love. for anything, or anyone.

It's good as long as you have winter tires. And you'll have to take it very gently otherwise it will start oversteering a lot. Also it doesn't comes with seat heaters.
But you should get another car. The miata requires dedication, you have to fix a lot of shit in order to get it work smoothly. Also I'm afraid the salt in the winter is going to make the rust worse and if you get in a car crash you will most likely die.