This is not a troll post. Why is it that BMW's turbocharged inline six cylinder 3...

This is not a troll post. Why is it that BMW's turbocharged inline six cylinder 3.0 liter engine produces comparable power to Volkswagen's turbocharged inline four 2.0 liter engine? It has an entire extra liter of displacement and two cylinders. Just look at the dynos. GTI with nothing but a stage 1 tune clocks in at 316bhp and 386torque. N55 Jb4 stage 1 tune puts it at 324bhp and 358torque.

I also find it funny that Jb4's specification claims aren't actually their own; they cite some random forum post of a guy that had his car dyno'd and it happened to perform exceptionally well that day whereas APR shows all their own findings.

So tell me: why does BMW's engine get BTFO by a 2.0 i4?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HWvIoYm6CJI
youtube.com/watch?v=GUv_y10bwBs
youtube.com/watch?v=pJeI-I56HBY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BMW confirm to emission regulations?

understressed, detuned engine
N54 is capable of ~950hp on stock internals while the VW 4 cylinder would explode above 400hp
remember bmw built a 360hp naturally aspirated 3.2 liter 6cyl like 20 years ago, they build high strung engines when they must.

same with 2JZ - it produces ~320hp in stock form but can be tuned to very high outputs

>this is not a troll post
"Stage 1" doesn't mean anything
You're comparing to arbitrary numbers.
APR is obviously a better tuner if they can get 40% over stock

also what kind of shitty tune adds less than 20hp?
i’m pretty sure a stage 1 tune can get you at least 380hp on a n54

Under stressed for reliability. Almost every modern car is putting out less power than they are capable of.

Is the S54 gods own engine?

>He needs to ask that

holy meme this is awesome, i drive a mk5 gti and am going stage 1 soon, the fb pages im in have ENDLESS fucking arguments about this shit, apr vs revo vs rdtechnik, anyways, in agreeance with , understressed engine means better tunability even if stock numbers are similar.

VW engines connecting rods made of paper mache, n54/55 good past 600hp. Fucking stock n55 is pushing like 7 psi lol. Anyway mhd>jb4

N54 holds more than 900hp on stock bottom end
one of the best modern engines for tuners
youtube.com/watch?v=HWvIoYm6CJI
youtube.com/watch?v=GUv_y10bwBs

Thanks Satan.

Yeah I was just being conservative hah. They're stupid engines, and I'm mad (subaru owner) at how much power they pick up from fucking bolt ons. It's not fair and I hate it. Getting a 135i once my car shits.

The 330d and 335d also have very considerable tunability and not to mention comfy highway fuel economy. Pretty damn reliable if you do a couple of simple mods

bmw i6 diesels go forever.
t. owner of a 980.000km 530d e60

>not a troll post
>Stage 1 tune

Is that even a question?

The BMW N55B30T0 engine makes 365hp and 369ftlbs in the M2. This is the best variant of the N55 in a production car to date as the M3 and M4 use the S55.

The VW 2.0L TSI engine makes 296hp and 280ftlbs in the Gold R. This is the best variant of the VW 2.0L TSI in a production car to date.

There is a 69hp and 89ftlbs gap between those engines, which is considerable and about what it should be. Any tuning done may be in part to the engine, but also introduces another variable, the abilities of the tuner and the tuner's decisions to risk reliability at the sake of high power levels. Also stock exhaust, intake, and fueling systems can become a limiting factor which have no real bearing on the power the engine is capable of producing anyways.
That's why you should only compare engines stock to stock.

>Is the S54 gods own engine?
Abso-fucking-lutely.

is- is that whole thing an air intake?

Yes, it's an intake plenum

This is now a BMW engine thread
>not my pic but getting that ITB kit for my S52B32 E30 soon

I mean Inline 6’s are god tier and the S54 is the very best of them so...

Six throttle bodies my boy

/thread

The EA888 is at like 9.6 CR while the N55 is at 10.2. That alone accounts for some of the difference.

Also, the N55 runs like 7 psi of boost. The EA888 is running like 17 psi. If you raised the boost to 20 psi it would probably make 450 hp.

Stage 1 gets thw gti up to 265hp max

erste Beitrag bester Beitrag

Not everything is about peak numbers. That i6 will have better power delivery than the turbo laggy i4

Have a taste how it sounds there are many different aftermarket versions
youtube.com/watch?v=pJeI-I56HBY