In a typical week how many hours of real, actual work do you do, Veeky Forums?

In a typical week how many hours of real, actual work do you do, Veeky Forums?

>Office job
>15

Precision mechanic

Hospital finance director.

20 out of 40 I'm there lol

I just do grunt work at a local lab. I probably have about 3 hours of work a day. But I stretch it out to six or seven just for the cash with shitposting on bizchan

Probably less than 20 out of the 44 hours I'm here.

About 3 per day average unless I have a big project then as much as 10 but that's rare

> Social Work for a nonprofit: 18/40
I'm not going to fucking work harder then the client. If they want to change their lives I can work wonders (hardly any do). For most, losing their children is the luckiest break of their life.

I'm an Actuarial Analyst.

I do about 2 per week, or roughly 24 minutes a day,

Salary is 70k.

I'm at work on Veeky Forums right now. I literally just browse Veeky Forums and play Runescape at work all day and like once a week someone e-mails me a small Excel task to do which takes maybe an hour and a half/2 hours at the very most, but usually only like 30-40 minutes. Then it's back to my shit.

Waitress/Hostess

30/30

When I worked in grocery:

30/40

MMA gear store:

10/25-30

Shitty Marshalls:

15/15 - Unlivable wages, high stress because credit card quota and extremely tedious checkout/return process. Bosses constantly breathing down your neck. No work for weeks at a time. Fuck that place.

Where the fuck can I find a job that pay around 50k and I have to do fuck all? CS major, yeah yeah i know meme degree

Do this: That's what I do.

Some of my work entails a lot of waiting, is it suddenly not work, just because I am forced to wait for things to happen / get done? It's not like it is spare time and I could do whatever I wanted, it's still reserved for work. I'd say 1/3 is "actual work", as in I am actively doing something, 2/3 is waiting to see the results.

I'm an "senior actuarial assistant" at 75k now in a reporting role so some weeks around year end are 35 hour weeks but project time will be like 2 hours a day

>us navy
Underway 80+ hours
In port on a ship 20 - 50 hours
Right now 8 - 20 hours

I thought that actuaries make bank. 70k seems low.

Glassdoor says $68k is the average. Entry level vs high management probably.

>Investment Banker.

>78-82 hours a week.

>Actually love my job.

Geez, and I was thinking I should switch to being an actuary too.

I work at a gym on a military base, I show up at 0430 unlock doors and turn on lights and that's it, so about 10 mins per day of work. For the other 8 hours I workout, eat gov. subsidized food, look at fit girls' asses, do my own work, and maybe answer the phone once. 32k per year, NA07 federal series.

Hr admin
40 hours

Retail management
Id say about ~20 hours the other half is just me not doing shit.

>HR
>actual work
Nice troll

Software Developer

5-10 hours a week.

Mobile Crane Operator

around 50-60 hours a week
can be more or rarely less
winter is quiet though

80-100 as CTO of a gaming company - basically living to work and the rest is shitposting here

Holy christ, that's fucked - how come the wages on this board is so goddamn low? And as a CTO too?

It's goddamn depressing.

feels good man being retired

I work in a sales office from 5-10pm. Realistically, one shouldnt need more than one break for a five hour shift. nonetheless, due to state laws, we are given two fifteen minute breaks we can take whenever we so choose, as well as a 45 minute dinner break. They try to incentive us to stay up and not take breaks but only the newbies actually listen since their trying to curry favor/brownnose. Then I'd say half the time on the systems at work I spend browsing Veeky Forums. So that's maybe 2 hours of work daily, 10 hours.

Look for a job with systems analyst in the title.

Financial systems analyst is a good place to start.

I work as an info security architect/project manager/consultant
>some weeks it's 2 hours, some weeks it's 60, but I always have some warning/lead time for the long weeks.
>$120k gross, $90k after taxes annual, plus perks

>cto of a gaming company
That sounds like a shit gig that you do because you eat live breathe love the product.

You should be asking for profit sharing, fyi. That's how c level comp is supposed to work in normal industry, anyway.

I work 40+ hours at my office job because we have an open floor layout and my boss is literally over my shoulder all day. Recently he's been on a crusade against phones and internet browsing even during slow periods because he's trying to brown nose the higher ups. Meanwhile the other half of the department has headphones on all day. It's hell.

Is it possible for non Ivy League plebs like myself to make it into investment banking? If so, how?

Cashier
14,5 hours out of 15 hours I'm there

>Holy christ, that's fucked - how come the wages on this board is so goddamn low? And as a CTO too?

>median wage in the USA is 35k
>100k is depressing
I tip my katana in your general direction senpai

I graduated college this past December and just started with only 1 test done. Give me a break.

About 20 hours. Work at the airport comes in rushes. In the summer it will probably be a full 40 hours of work unless I can get out of this terminal.

An impressive portfolio, otherwise you wouldn't stand a chance.

You get me wrong, I didn't mean it as a slam. Sorry if it came out that way.

Mortgage Loan Officer
Like solid real work maybe 2-5 hours. Rest of it im taking breaks/lunch or talking in office.

Also I usually don't show up until 12pm and leave around 4pm.

on track to make about 60k-100k this year.

retired from mil. via disability

I do environmental labouring works. Paid for ~40 hours per week, easily do 35 hours solid work. Plus an average of 10-20 hours transit time on top.

Really 45-50 hours of my week is completely dedicated to work, but I am paid for less than that. Doing everything I can to move on from this job.

Uh, we're talking hours a week, guys. Not yearly salary.

you must be Canadian

$100k US is like $875,963 canadough

>Janitorial contractor-retired
>0

Are you that millionaire next door they're always talking about?

Level 3 tech support.

I do 40 hours a week but probably only 3 or 4 that is actual work.

No. Nobody actually talks about the millionaire next door because they don't usually recognize them. That's the point.

MiloCoin investor

0 hrs, basically pre-retired

How the fuck do you people browse Veeky Forums while working? You must have private offices or something, which is a freaking blessing (it's almost always open spaces in the industry I work in, which is software).

Anyways, the time of real work per week fluctuates throughout the year but I guess the following are good enough estimates (weekly basis and a standard work week is considered to be 40 hours in the european country I live in and I receive a fixed salary):

Busy times -> 45 to 50 hours of real work.
Sluggish times -> 5 to 10 hours of real work.

Average overall -> 25 to 35 hours of real work.

But I actually fucking hate sluggish times because it involves just punching the clock every day, when I could actually go through all the week's work in a single day and given that I'm in a open space, I can't really be browsing about stuff more pertinent to my interests and hobbies outside my day job.

That's what you get when working in time driven and not result driven workplaces.

40 out of 40

data entry is a hell of a job.

>network engineer
>60+ hours a week

Sitting in a data center all day today after my normal mon-fri. Shit sucks.