Is there anything objectively wrong with committing white collar crime?

Is there anything objectively wrong with committing white collar crime?

I'm starting to think not.

Other urls found in this thread:

lawyershop.com/practice-areas/criminal-law/white-collar-crimes/credit-card-fraud
fbi.gov/investigate/white-collar-crime
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-collar_crime
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whether it be tax, invoices, or having access to too many things you shouldn't, you'll eventually be caught. Why? Because you'll begin to get more a more greedy and reckless. It happens to everyone, and you will be caught. Do you think you could control yourself, and be subtle enough with your embezzlement?

>Whether it be tax, invoices, or having access to too many things you shouldn't, you'll eventually be caught

What if I stopped before that point?

>It happens to everyone, and you will be caught.

What makes you think that?

The problem most have is they get too greedy. If they just skimmed a bit off the top now and again no one would notice. But people don't think like that, they just taking more and more until it becomes obvious. Then all of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, bam FBI FREEZE!

>What makes you think that?

Well, as a person, think about why you're doing this. Is it be betterr than other members/departments. In that case, you want the recognition, you want the potential bonuses.

Or maybe you're doing it out of desperation, things are getting harder to afford, or maybe there's something in particular you want. That desperation drives you to push your luck.

In either case, you're going over-do-it, it's your human instincts. It's very hard to objectively seem subtle with either sort of mindset I've provided.

I don't think so senpai. Seems that as long as you have self-control and you're sensible about it it's pretty darn safe

Well your digits seem to defeat mine. Assuming the SEC and FBI (if you're a USfag) aren't monitoring too closely, do you mind giving an inkling as to what you're planning?

The worst they would ever do is they would put you for a couple of months into a white-collar, minimum-security resort! Shit, we should be so lucky! Do you know, they have conjugal visits there?

Depends. Fucking over your associates and clients = morally wrong.

Taxation is theft though, so tax fraud or stealing from the State is not immoral.

My life goal is to pay as little tax as possible.

If your white collar crime business is worth billions of $, then the worst punishment you could get is maybe a fine (which you can just declare bankruptcy to avoid paying it) and maybe a few months to 1 - 2 years in prison. At the worst you may get life in prison / execution, but this only happens if it is politically motivated.

What if we simply never heard of the people who never got caught?

That is obvious

>objectively wrong
What the fuck is that even supposed mean? "Right or wrong" are not objective categories in the first place.

If there's a victim there's something wrong the crime on at least some level. Maybe everyone else gets less salary because profits are down due to you draining money. Maybe someone gets fired. Maybe just that the owner loses money.

>Seems that as long as you have self-control and you're sensible about it it's pretty darn safe
Well, you apparently don't have any self-control to begin with. White collar crime is a sign of desperation and greed per se. Why do it? Because you think you're entitled to more than your honest work nets you. If you were good enough at your job you wouldn't need to resort to crime to up your income.
Show me a motivation for white collar crime that is *not* rooted in self-entitlement or greed? Okay, illness maybe (gambling or drug addiction), but that's pretty much it.

I mean, do it, by all means. I've long been of the opinion that there are no punishments and that nothing is forbidden in the truest sense of the word. But everything has a price. Killing someone is totally allowed, but you have to pay with 20-100 years of your life for it. While collar crime is fine. But know the price you might have to pay. If you think the risk/reward analysis looks good, sure, do it.
But people who are failures usually don't have access to the sums of money that would make white collar crime appealing. And people who aren't failures end up throwing their life and career away for something they actually don't really need.

I don't get the motivation. If I'm in a low-end job, I'd be inclined to risk it, but 800 bucks a month are pocket change, not even worth of the risk of incarceration. And if I'm in a high-end job, embezzling 150k sounds nice, but honestly, at that point I don't need it and my career is worth way more than I could ever embezzle, even if I properly discount future earnings.

>Is there anything objectively wrong with committing white collar crime?

In 2017, there is nothing objectively wrong with even committing a violent crime...

It's always somebody elses fault or society's responsibility.

Modern day liberals have made all Crime pretty much acceptable by not accepting responsibility for anything...

What crime are you thinking of OP?

There's a lot of financial fraud you can do that really carries minimal punishments.

People run botnets and make millions of dollars and many never get caught and some do and spend like a few years in prison.

People file hundreds of false tax returns with other peoples' infos then get like 3 years in min security.

No there is not. Just read Beyond Good and Evil by your favorite german.

The reality is that its you against the world. If you manage to work the system to your advantage - great. This is /biz after all, leave your morals at the door.

>It's always somebody elses fault or society's responsibility.

Not if you're a straight white male. Then the liberals will be the first ones to send you to the chair

>botnets
>file hundreds of false tax returns

I think you have no fucking clue what the term "white collar crime" means.

what does it mean then

it certainly is not blue collar crime. Fraud falls under white collar.

You usually only call it "white collar crime" if you defraud the organisation you are a part of. So it's usually meant more as an abuse of trust and power placed into you, rather than a Russian straight-up scamming or some botnet victim he never met.

Not every crime is either blue or white collar. The term only makes sense when it alludes to you wearing a white shirt, a suit, because you're in a managing position at your company or the government. Running a botnet does not make you a white collar criminal.

I don't fucking know, maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what the term is used like in English. What does Wikipedia say about it?
>White-collar crime refers to financially motivated nonviolent crime committed by business and government professionals. Within criminology, it was first defined by sociologist Edwin Sutherland in 1939 as "a crime committed by a person of respectability and high social status in the course of his occupation".

Yeah, sounds about right. Low-life scamming or defrauding is not white collar crime.

>The term only makes sense when it alludes to you wearing a white shirt, a suit, because you're in a managing position at your company or the government. Running a botnet does not make you a white collar criminal.

It doesn't have to be that specific i don't think.

lawyershop.com/practice-areas/criminal-law/white-collar-crimes/credit-card-fraud

>Credit card fraud is the intentional procurement of goods, services, or monies with a stolen, lost, cancelled, or counterfeit credit card. Credit card fraud is one of the most frequently committed types of white collar crime. It is perpetrated by individuals as well as crime rings.

>Credit card fraud is one of the most frequently committed types of WHITE COLLAR crime.

fbi.gov/investigate/white-collar-crime

Identity theft is one of the things under that section of the FBI's "white collar crime".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White-collar_crime

"Typical white-collar crimes could possibly include fraud, bribery, Ponzi schemes, insider trading, labor racketeering, embezzlement, cybercrime, copyright infringement, money laundering, identity theft, and forgery.[2]"

>TYPICAL WHITE COLLAR CRIMES COULD POSSIBLY INCLUDE *FRAUD*, *CYBERCRIME*, *IDENTITY THEFT*, *FORGERY*

All of those are what is being discussed.

False tax returns, botnets, and credit card fraud are as a result WHITE COLLAR CRIME. Is that enough for you?

Well?

What do you say to that?

bump

I browse the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Newsletters which usually announce their latest busts or operations. They basically go after internet marketers, telephone marketers, mail marketers, etc.... that engage in deceptive business practice and various telemarketing scams and so on.

I have yet to see any of them result in a prison sentence. They just take your money and force you to pay everyone back. If you have no money, you pay back everything you can.

Dude financial crimes go massively unpunished. i was reading for quite a while about all this shit.

I'm considering under-reporting the 100's of thousands I make on MiloCoin tb,h

Bump

Retard BTFO

Move to Somalia then, you unAmerican fuck.