Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a2937/hydroplaning-tires/
tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=16
yourmechanic.com/article/are-wider-tires-better
youtube.com/watch?v=3QeOAjBTEiU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>easier to do hektic skidz

why is this a problem?

Problem? The fun is just as high, the pace is just lower.

Do you not know how to drive in rain or something?

Because my 400hp 600nm V8 skids in the dry wet makes it undrivable

How about you get decent tires, better throttle control, and stop being a retard?

>being off put by a little water
what did he mean by this

how bout u mind ya own bidness potna

driving in the rain is MAX COMF

Yeah I actually LOVE driving in the rain. I love when it rains period. It's like the entire world slows down a bit. Less people feel inclined to go outside, including cops. I rarely ever see people getting pulled over when it rains. Cops don't want to deal with cop bullshit and get wet at the same time apparently.

Rain is awesome.

/blog

That's the best though, I can actually get hektik in my underpowered AWD when it's wet.

Absolutely this.

I need better tyres on my car though. Shouldn't be sliding as much as I do in FWD.

>tfw around midnight, 40F out, pitch black and raining bullets
>go for a cruise, keep climate control off because you like it cold
>don't even put on music
>cruise down the interstate, nobody else is driving around because this area actually sleeps and no normie likes driving in the rain
>just go like 100mph for an hour, listening to the pitter-patter of rain on your windshield, the rumble of the road below, and the growl of your engine as you accelerate
>turn around and refuel at sleepy gas station off a random exit, drive the 100mi back home
>get home, climb into bed and sleep
Does more than professional therapy ever will for me, to be honest.

>He has never driven a V8 before
I have 265 wide sport tyres
I'm Aussie so whenever it rains normies ain't used to it and slide into the nearest gutter
But is bad for hooning

Australian ladyboy detected.

Falcunt just skid everywhere

t. hsp on lsd

based
a
s
e
d

dood my roads are so bad out my way
>potholes everywhere
>even slipper because of said potholes in the wet and have to hit the mud on the sides because road so narrow
reeeeeee

It's -30 with a fuckload of snow on the roads and I've seen like 5 Mustang GT's today and a couple GTR's. Get gud or stop driving those fucking retarded ute things.

You and I are kindred spirits.

>he can't drive in the rain on RWD with traction control off and winter tires equipped

Stop being a faggot. I drive my kingswood ute in the rain no worries

>At work
>Car is parked outside during a rainstorm
>Oh that's nice, it'll be all clean when I leave
>Stops raining just before I leave
>Walk out to it and it's covered in dirt, grime and who fucking else knows what

Still don't know what happened there

>want to go for a drive
>It rains
>New door seals still haven't arrived

A few more days, only a few more days...

Says the faggot boomer

24 checking in. Learn2drive, fegit

Rain is best for hooning. It's literally easy mode for der drifts

Someone splashy da puddle on you carro?

I know how to drive fagg I'm 26
Fuck that I want grip

>dont want to go for a drive
>it rains
weeeee

>I know how to drive
>I can't drive because it's raining
Lmao

Roads so narrow and mud sucks ass Ree
Rainfags confirmed low powered AWD shitcunts

Only gaycunts don't drive v8 utes in the rain desu

>400hp 600nm
>someone tells you to get better tyres
>hurr i have 265 wide tyres

nigga get 315 tyres or something

>huge storm forecast
>dark clouds gathering
>get in the car
>2 drops of rain then it stops

>storm forecast incoming
>blinding blizzard with 50mph winds and tons of snow
>visibility is literally like 5 meters
>go out to drive my RWD car because it's fucking fun as shit

>>>>this guy can't drive because it's slightly wet

lmao

Man, I jump in the car when I know it's going to rain so fucking often.
Top comfy tier

Rain is awesome. I sadly have FWD Vectra B but in the rain on the corners I can go sideways

>cant use sun roof
life is pain

>have 2 sunroofs
>open them both in the tilted position, rain, shine or snow
>based german automakers

Nope, 370hp v8 rwd. Try again.

Muh Chrysler can do this too. Badgemobile BTFO.

100%

A 2 liter BMW can still make more power than your chrysler though

You know, bikers have this thing on their liter engined death machines called rain mode. And traction control. And just power modes in general. All so the rear tire doesn't spin up and throw them off the bike, followed by the bike throwing itself onto them, killing the biker instantly.

Ever considered getting a car with something like that?

wider tires are more likely to hydroplane though so, uh, good luck

Then get better ones.

Guy here in iceland daily drives a twin supercharged E39 M5 with 600+WHP, if he can manage that in the snow then i'm pretty sure OP can manage his 400hp in slight rain if his tyres aren't some knockoff brand piece of shit

>pic related, 600+HP daily driven every day for over a decade in Iceland

There are guys in iceland who drive turbo ZZW30s on ice and don't know what it's like the spin out. The guy who was bitching was australian. I think they see a half centimeter of sky water a year and the rest of the rain is just baby spiders.

Lmao fuckin strayan shitposters, i thought they were supposed to be the kings of hooning or something? Guy i know in Iceland took his E60 M5 quite far into the winter on summer tires, strayan would probably be hospitalized if he tried that seeing as he can't even drive in the rain

Australian hooning is just spinning your rear tires a lot and sometimes crashing.

>want to go for a nice drive at 2 am up my local pass
>snowed lightly
>whole road is salted

Fucking cunts

he aint true blue
REAL aussies get on the piss and go apeshit when it rains

>bad for hooning
What are you talking about? Every time it rains I slide out deliberately on every corner I can, its the best part of owning a RWD ute

>want to go for a drive
>I have no car
Reeeee

Not even close, bud.

If you got an SRT chrysler or something heavily modified, maybe not, but a 10 year old 320D can reach 280hp with just a remap, and 520nm of torque (10nm short of the 5.7 hemi)

So like i said, unless its a newer SRT or something, it actually comes pretty close

If it's an SRT a 3 liter diesel BMW can rip that to shreds with a few mods. Both the 2.0 and 3.0 would also get like 3x more MPG than your barge

I had traction control but the dumb shop deleted it when I got a manual swap

Doesn't stop me from driving in the rain but it makes hooning not as enjoyable

5.7l has 370hp NA, no mods. No need to tinker with it and stress it beyond what the engineers intended. Have fun spending even more time/money just to blow up your lil econobox. There's no replacement for displacement, broski.

This we literally can't into touge

>No need to tinker with it and stress it beyond what the engineers intended

Lmao, a N/A BMW engine from 20 years ago with less displacement makes more power than that. There might not be a replacement for displacement (although forced injection kinda is), but there is a replacement for shitty engineering. For example a 535D (3.0 inline 6) will make waaaaay more horsepower than that with just a remap, and about double the torque, all the while running just fine for hundreds of thousands of miles if you're not an albanian

There is nothing more comfy than riding on the bus in the rain

Fuck off busridee

Ah, but your argument is that a 2l produces more power, which it does not. Quit backpedalling into a 3l. You know damn well 2l isn't enough, fella. Your insistence on remapping the BMW as if the same couldn't be done to a Chrysler is laughable. Plenty of people mod the 5.7, but even with a stock 5.7, your lil 2.0 can't come close to it without throwing on all sorts of extras. Nice try to justify your empty wallet though.

Well my argument that it *probably* made more power than your chrysler is based on the fact that most chryslers i see are 3.5 V6, which make around the same power as a 2.0 BMW because of shit american engineering. And remapping a N/A gasoline car will probably give you around 20-30hp, no backpedaling, but a 320d with a good custom remap which is much cheaper than any siginifcant power adding mod to a 5.7 will probably be equal to a 5.7 chrysler in terms of speed, and corner better due to weight distribution, but ok big guy you're the man

I'm glad we've come to an agreement. Now I won't have to fight you on the bus tomorrow.

>accelerate
>cabin smells like exhaust

If you only go downhill you won't have to accelerate. Problem solved. You're welcome.

How about you forks over $1,200 dollars and I promise I'll pay you back... maybe

Lmao fucking pussy I daily drive a 300hp rwd V8 in northern european winter, deep snow, black ice etc.

>tfw want to drive
>tfw salt still on roads

Biggest mistake I have made on a rainy night drive

>New car
>Only know FWD
>Rainy night
>Fuck it
>RWD
>Sweeping corner
>Lose traction in the front tyres
>Shit myself
>ABS saves me

Since then I respect the rain. Still go out and fuck around in it. Mad fun

You're the stupid one, bud.

popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a2937/hydroplaning-tires/
>a tire with a wider footprint will tend to hydroplane more

tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=16
>wider tires...will cause tires to hydroplane at lower speeds

yourmechanic.com/article/are-wider-tires-better
>There are possible negative effects of wider tires such as: you can hydroplane much easier

>Not realizing Americans make big engines that are capable of high hp are purposely detuned to make lower hp for the sole purpose of fuel economy and longevity

Ok enjoy your high strung 4 cylinders, I'll enjoy putting around in my low stress v8 while filling up for less than $3 a gallon.

>detuned
>for fuel economy

nigger all american V8s have laughable fuel economy

If you compare, say, a 2005 5.7 hemi to a BMW 4.4 V8, the BMW gets better fuel economy while having the same amount of power from a smaller displacement

>longevity
>chrysler V8s

lmao

My 6.2 LS3 gets the same mileage (18-20 combined) as my Subaru 2.5 shitbox, so I'd say that's not so terrible.

>

>Ok enjoy your high strung 4 cylinders, I'll enjoy putting around in my low stress v8 while filling up for less than $3 a gallon.
As if being "high strung" (meme tier expression) makes any difference to the longevity of a car.
Case in point, a whole host of small high revving japshit engines, s2000, NSX etc...

Just face it, burger engines have high displacement because they are shit at engineering.

Well the LS3 is a great engine, and subarus get really shit gas mileage and are known for it, so it's not really a good comparison

doesn't happen under normal driving circumstances

If you really wanted shit gas mileage though, look no further than my turd gen. Granted I fill up way early anyway because I don't trust the gauge, but I only get about 120 or so miles out of 8 gallons.

>want to go for a drive
>it's a nordic winter outside
Reeeee

>want to go for a drive
>it's nordic winter outside
>go hoon in my RWD car

get better tyres mayne

all the fun backroads are just hard packed snow filled with holes and it sucks with a stiffer suspension, it feels and sounds like my car is falling apart.

>tfw the roads in town have potholes fucking all over the place

Friend blew a tyre this morning on a stretch of road coming onto one of the biggest roads in my country, 2 other people changing tyres there at that time

drove past it an hour later and a van had popped a tyre too

>tfw icelandic road maintenance is retarded shit

thank you for defending Chrysler,

you can tell someones an idiot when they start harping on new Chrysler like old Chrysler never existed

Hi, i'm the guy the guy you're replying to was replying to, and i also think old chryslers are shit, even more so than the new ones, whaddayasay champ?

>want to go for a drive
>wire harness is in tatters because you're in the middle of a repair and it won't stop raining or snowing

Kind of wish I got off my ass last summer and built that garage.

i say oldest chrysler is classic (60s), 70s and 80s were terrible except for the turbo K cars.
90s chrysler was dope, but not for the cars they badged, but for the tech they helped with (starion)
2000's and onward normal lineup was econogarbage. HOWEVER the SRT lineup is sex
completely different design ideals by PVO

also finally if you take a bmw straight six and try to say it makes more power with a tune than an SRT4 engine (tuned) youre smoking too much weed

everything after Fiat owned them is pure garbage

sorry meant to reiterate, a tuned SRT$ neon will go faster than a comparable straight six tuned

obviously the larger engine will generally put out bigger numbers

Yeah i never said a tuned i6 would always beat a tuned SRT4, i think the SRT line is fucking nuts, buddy of mine had an SRT8 jeep and that thing was a beast in every way, i dislike the SRT4 though simply because i fucking hate the neon because it's an ugly FWD POS, every single dodge neon in my country has under 40k miles and i'm pretty sure that's because they're pieces of crap

BMWs turbodiesels are nothing to joke about though, guy here who has a 3 liter with a few mods pushing 440hp and probably upwards of 1000nm of torque, if not more, and that thing has over 400.000km on it and still looks and works great.

So don't get me wrong, the SRT cars, specially SRT8, are dope as fuck, i just think most "regular" chryslers are boring whereas for instance "regular" bmws look better (personal preference ofc), and specially the diesels, or the turbo 6s have a huge tuning potential, often for pretty cheap

As i said, sure, they're probably good engines with lots of potentials, but it's buttfuck ugly and FWD, and many BMW engines take very well to boost, a guy here ran an old M50B25 (1990-96 for that engine) on a ton of boost pushing around 500whp for some years, i think around 30-40.000km of constant drag racing, drifting and hoonery before something broke

on a side note some chink here had an SRT4 neon, "fully built, 500whp", which lost time and time again to an E60 M5, which is actually 500bhp, but around 500kg heavier, not sure if that car was just fucked around with too much or something, but it had around 36.000km and was still pretty crap, lost from a standstill, rolling start at 50, rolling start at 100 etc etc, until he plowed it into a lamp post some time later

BETTER tires, user. Not wider tires. In this case, that's even worse.

>on a side note some chink here had an SRT4 neon, "fully built, 500whp", which lost time and time again to an E60 M5, which is actually 500bhp, but around 500kg heavier
Might have had something to do with the Neon being unable to put its power down from a standstill.

I can actually agree with you, the 'normal' chrysler lineup is generally garbage.
SRT however is a different beast especially the grand cherokee SRT8

and yes twin turbo diesel bmws can be made to be fast as fuck

If SRT4 neons have a biggest weakness it would definitely be FWD followed by interior then exterior lol. however its greatest weakness is one of its greatest strengths, srts tend to destroy clutches and a FWD trans is so easy to remove. Also i recently swapped my 04 srt4 into my 95 neon ACR, if it wasnt FWD i probably would have killed myself by now. between my work (no powersteering) and the 95 neon its not exactly easy to control. it is a 12 second 1/4 tho

Lastly older neons are actually really reliable, basically american civics (except for the headgasket debacle in the beginning). the problem is the type of person that got basic neons pretty didnt give 1 fuck about cars

sorry for the essay

Well as i said, he lost multiple times from a rolling start, often well over 100, wasn't a traction issue, it was an issue of lying about power output to save face. He was even offered to come dyno the car, and if it broke 500hp (wheel or crank) they wouldn't charge him for it, he denied, and then shortly crashed the car

No problem ese, always nice to read up on shit and learn more, and im probably just biased because im a BMW guy and i fucking hate the looks of the neon, and FWD

I love me some of the american cars though, cummins diesel engines are fucking beasts, SRT8 cars are magnificent machines along with many others

>Summertime
>A warm front moves in after a week of light breezy weather
>Its humid, and the midday sun bears down without remorse
>As evening rolls in so does heavy cloud cover
>The sky darkens, but the heat remains
>Most people are inside their homes clinging to the refuge of their air conditioning
>Hours tick on by, traffic clears, and the clouds break open
>Familiar white noise drowns out the haunting tranquility of the empty city streets
>Get in the car and head out onto the lonesome roads
>Droplets pitter-patter on the roof and wind screens interrupted only by the rhythm of wiper blades activating and coming to a rest
>Cones of light emitted by signal lights piece the blackened night's sky, their aura and glow made visible by rain drops caught in their path
>Behind the low idle rumble of the engine you can hear the delicate hiss of warm breaks evaporating water
>Slight trails of steam can be seen emanating from the wheel wells

Sometimes, user, life itself is kino

>also finally if you take a bmw straight six and try to say it makes more power with a tune than an SRT4 engine (tuned) youre smoking too much weed
depends on the tune
a single turbo n54 can do 900+hp on stock internals
how much can a stock neon engine do?

well then yeah he was lying about 500hp.

but its not like those power levels aren't possible or haven't been achieved by srt4s- cause they have
>youtube.com/watch?v=3QeOAjBTEiU

Never doubted that of course, i was just backing my point that every single neon i've encountered here in iceland is a piece of shit in one way or another