/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Proof of a waifu edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. arrives 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WoqoLcMmERg
youtube.com/watch?v=FU40bfXa9lQ
youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I fucking love veggie platters.

>"Don't look at me like that user, I'm not your quest target!"

Disgusting.
This is the only waifu I need.

i've never seen someone that ugly b4

You sir, are of patrician taste

>using butterface McSlut as OP image twice in a row

It's tofu.

Some Gunlance notes.

Harpoon thing is called the Wyrmstake Cannon. Can be used after a lot of different moves, at least a portion of its damage is raw based, costs a bunch of sharpness to use.

After the slam, you can now use a Wide Slash with roughly twice the MV of the slam. It hits REALLY fucking hard.
You can do the classic triple stab combo, the slam is now an optional combo ender.

For a more general note: You can now sharpen with your weapon drawn. Note that this is the only item you can use while unsheathed so far. Makes sense, since putting your weapon away only to pull it out again to sharpen it was always sort of dumb.

Why are the World waifus so uggo
Why can't we get more qts like guildmarm?

She's the real story of the day. She can handle your crass comments no problem!

Where do you live?

>After the slam, you can now use a Wide Slash with roughly twice the MV of the slam.
Does it also let you do a sweeping full burst as well?

Marm is shit, Tanzia and Moga sweetheart a best

Tanzia and Moga sweetheart is shit, Bherna and Airboat Gal a best

not that I've seen, user. At the very least arekkz promised he'll make a new video for every weapon, so watch this space I supppose

The next video is going to be on Switch Axe by the way. So we'll know how the axe mode fade slashes look, and whether you can still Reload.

Realistic artstyle doesn't allow for perfect porcelain anime doll faces.

a secret town where only the world's ugliest people are allowed to live
and yet she beats them all out

Moga sweetheart is retarded and probably wouldn't even let me watch her take a 19 inch monster dick.

i'm most excited to see how the grappling moves come into play, they look incredibly fun

>IG does less damage per hit than SnS and DB
but WHY though.

Have you seen the IG in this game? The weapon has the highest hit rate by a wide margin

punishment for having the best kill times in 4u

Honestly it's more a problem of how plain and unapealing her design is. She just wears a normal-ass leather armor and the short hair looks boring.

I mean, maybe because it hits more often? Also keep in mind that we don't know the stats on these weapons.

It would be more accurate to say that specific IG at whatever upgrade level it's at does less damage per hit than that specific DB at whatever upgrade level it's at, in which case, who gives a shit that means nothing

>tfw no Monster Hunter World for Nintendo Switch

>All this Monster Hunter footage just pouring out on Youtube

Fuck yeah

>retards still try to figure out weapon tiers going off a fucking demo
These retards will never learn.

that shit was like 3 games ago smfh

What video shows whetstones being used while unsheathed?

GL have been continually punished for the crime of just existing. Suck it up frenchie.

How quickly they forget how good brave GL was in the XX demo, or how people hadn't truly unlocked the potential of brave LS/HBG.

yes but 4U was the last mainline game developed by the A team that's making world

MHW GL looks p gud desu

the game is still in developpement so...

There was also a forward hop for GL that you could easily get into and a blocked charge, much like lance has? Also noticed a slide too.

All in this video:

The player mentions he's a GL main, and isn't actually shit like some of the videos we've seen.

Keep telling yourself that, I'm sure it won't lead to you being disappointed shortly after release.

I'm looking forward to the eventual volcano footage

I'll be less disappointed than you, at least I own a system that can play the game ;-)

Not only does it hit just as fast, but you can fucking fly as well as get constant buffs while using it.

IG has needed a nerf since 4U

ryder fuck off to your dead game

>tfw you will NEVER hunt a Lynel in MHW

>HBG just looks worse and worse the more I see it
This kinda sucks. It looks so wimpy now.

I'd like to fight a centaur monster in DD instead

it's big and shoots stuff, like always

>missed that 5 minute kill video with the HBG

Literally the only decent footage we have and it's of the HBG, dude was drilling the monster's face with pellet shots.

meh, they could turn it into the worse weapon ever and I still would use it, also everyone playing on every video sucks dicks

What? In the most recent footage, it shredded through Royal Voredroth. The damage output looks insane.

Where my bois at?

well fuck I missed it, who streamed it?

youtube.com/watch?v=FU40bfXa9lQ

>Excited it's a hammerbro
>tfw it's a shit hammerbro

TWO JOBS
1. HIT THE HEAD
2. CANCEL OUT OF SPINS BECAUSE THE DIZZY RECOVERY TAKES AGES

STOP FUCKING ROLLING ALL THE TIME, THIS ISN'T DARK SOULS
where is the nips footage?

>damage is all that matters

Spoken like a true metafag. Who cares that it's been bastardized into generic TPS shlock? It's got big numbers in the low rank demo, so of course it's great!!

Every weapon has insane damage output now, it's not that special.

Heed this warning, Monster Hunter World devs:

NO PLESIOTH = NO BUY

was it really all that interesting before?

>mfw when Capcom fucks up MHWorld

It does look really good, but I can already tell it's gonna have a metric shit ton of DLC crammed into it. Do you guys seriously not expect capcom to shove DLC into it? It's the perfect time, westernizing the series. They can shove shitty consumer practices.

Dauntless is our only hope. As much as everyone here likes to shit on it, it's gotten a massive twitch following and you just KNOW it's gonna get an MMO development treatment. They're gonna shit out content once they have the mechanics down. It's a matter of time before Dauntless takes a large chunk out of the Monster Hunter market, and it's f2p as well...

I'm sorry guys, but we know how much Capcom likes to fuck their games. Monster Hunter is next.

man i can't wait to try this new gunlance

Wait for TGS.

>NO PLESIOTH = NO BUY
You get the superior Muddysioth instead

Someone say... damage?

stop notTodd posting

I just buy the base game and use a pirated copy to play with dlc

>captured 4 raths at 30 minutes each and only gotten 1 (ONE) mantle

Holy FUCK, just give me my mats already and I'll stop shitposting!!!!!

will capcom use always-online DRM? They seem like the kinda company to pull that shit.

Weapons do more damage
Monsters have less health
Fights last longer
please enjoy the cinematic experience

>MHW will have tons of DLC
>play this f2p game instead
you realize how retarded you sound right

he's shitposting, most like a nintenbrony or mhf realizing his game will die as soon as this comes out on PC

If they remove offline mode then then sure.

>Weapons do more damage
>Monsters have less health
>Fights last longer
can you even basic math

Can't wait to mount that monster.

The devs have said that they are only adding cosmetic stuff.

Capcom will definitely sell DLC monsters and how many of you cuckcoms will suck it up?

>11:30
>when you miss with the GL stabby stab harpoon shot, it leaves a discarded spear/spike thingy on the ground
neat

Can I transfer save data from Gen to XX, or would I have to do some homebrew shenanigans to make my Gen save data into X save data?

It might, but I'm still getting it on PC. I only ever played the 3ds games solo or with people I actually know irl, never with randos. So even if it is DoA on PC it won't change a thing for me

>Waking up a monster with Wyvernfire
>There's a GS in the group

youtube.com/watch?v=MHULsMO0bFU

Home brew shenanigans. So glad I didn't play generations first. I'd be surprised pissed.

Saving this to post for the guaranteed no blood complaints in the future from shitposters and people who do 0 research like the guy yesterday

That bow stepping is disgusting.

I won't buy DLC monsters. I'd buy a g-rank expansion because we've already been doing that for years in the form of bolting on g-rank and selling it as a new game.

>the devs have said they are only adding cosmetic stuff
every f2p game had made that promise. Almost every f2p game has broken it. Also, the game just looks sort of shitty. The art design and asthetic has that nasty, plastic, overwatch look to it, and it just looks dumpy. I'll give it a shot when it comes out, but I don't expect it to get much of a following.

maybe go talk about it in dauntless general ;)

Doubt he can dish 200 with a GS.

>mhf realizing his game will die as soon as this comes out on PC
Adorable threat, lets see who lives longer post-release

99% sure you have to do the shenanigans to get it to X. It's not hard if you already have home brew.

How do you people even learn to type, let alone use a computer?

I pray for kb&m support

>blood is restricted to bow only

manliest weapon

Yeah I was actually taken aback by the guy using evade cancelling out of combos, easily the best jouranlist footage I've seen

But that's in 3 hits
The sleep bonus only counts the first hit

I'm not since I've never played enough to get to G Rank before.

>inb4 some retard asks "why does only the bow make monsters bleed"
the devs have been disabling blood in all the promos/trailers/demos/etc because for whatever weird reason, they've done that for most pre-release footage of most monhun games. looks like they forgot to disable it in the bow vid

Do keep in mind that HBG is not an easy weapon to just pick up and run with, and so far all footage has been controlled by shitters

is that art ironic or just shitty on purpose? wtf is that even supposed to be? disgusting. ew. cringe. stop posting that sweetie.

It just doesn't look that strong to me anymore. It seems more machine gun than cannon. Sure, it tore apart the monster in the video, but these are demos. Monster are supposed to go down quick. Also, I've never really cared about times. I know I'm still interested in World because my doubts have changed from "wait until HBG footage has released to decide" to "wait until competent HBG footage has released to decide," but it just worries me.

Yeah it's basically an adept dodge at will. I don't like it.

doesn't matter, look at the numbers stupid.
show me a GS in a video doing more on a sleeping one, then we can talk

Dude, I'm a monster hunter fan who wants the best for my favourite game series and game genre.

But I'm not going to support Capcom until they show that the DLC won't be scummy. Until then I'll stick to a promising, f2p game that has been routinely improved and polished and is only getting better. Sure, it might be rough now but by the time MHW comes out it'll stand on it's own two feet.

>shelling is broken in LR
who would have thought