In Europe all the roads are perfectly flat, there are no speed limits, no import laws, no construction or traffic jams...

>in Europe all the roads are perfectly flat, there are no speed limits, no import laws, no construction or traffic jams, they exclusively sell super high octane gasoline, everyone is a perfect driver who enables street racing and never complain about it, bikes can lane split at 120mph on city streets and no one bats an eye, and cops only stop normies who dare not enable lawbreakers like myself or don't keep they're cars in pristine condition! I can be as lax with my maintenance and block traffic to street race as much as I want of course because I'll just run and they have a no chase policy!
>what do you mean owning anything other than a 70hp diesel shitbox is unaffordable there? What are photo radar and red light cameras? There's no such thing as needing to register modifications, no country would be that cucked! There's no way gas would cost upwards of $8 a gallon anywhere in the world! A Mustang costs $120,000? You're full of shit! 20mph speed limits in residential areas that are actually enforced by 1mph over? Nonsense! $2,000 and 5 years for a driver's license that I can only start practicing for when I'm 18? I guess that's the price to pay for having such perfect everything, not that I'd honour it myself if I ever lived there!

Why the fuck are literally all American car enthusiasts like this? The sad thing is many of them go to Europe like the faggots in Gumball 3000 and exercise these beliefs and come back either not changing their retarded theories because they were lucky enough not to get caught or encounter a single bad driver or thinking Europe is worse than North Korea could ever be because they care about REAL road safety and the wellbeing of other people and these idiots have an extreme disrespect for the concept of a legal system and LEOs. Is it a culture thing? I've legit lost friends over telling them this shit and them not believing me and these are real responses I've had from people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zaoHClXuNHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dude, just post something like

>american cars
>turning

you don't to try that hard to bait Veeky Forums

> Europe is one county

I'm not baiting. I'm 100% serious. I fucking hate my country's car culture
This was kind of part of my point. That's what they believe. Things I've told them may or may not apply to one country or multiple to varying degrees but they still don't believe that anything could be worse in any European country for cars

I'm sorry, are you defending Europe in your post? Cause the first two paragraphs say otherwise

He's not defending or shitting on it. Just making fun of dumb Americans who think Europe is some kind of automotive paradise.

I don't think any American thinks that.

>le autobahn xDDDD!!!

I'm in UKistan and the car stuff here is not too bad. You can get 90s Jap meme machines pretty cheap and the insurance is fine unless you're under 23. No real modification restrictions, and there's loads of nice backroads to hoon on.

But yeah, I watch a lot of 60s movies and 60s American car culture is something out of my wildest dreams. Hell, even current American car culture trumps ours desu. All that power for so cheap, with cheap insurance and petrol. Just sounds like a great place to drive as an enthusiast with big power available so freely.

THAT being said, I'm only jealous because I'm still young and insurance is costly as shit. When I hit 25+ and start earning money and not being a studentshitter, America won't appeal as much as I'll be able to afford petrol/insurance a lot easier. That's when I'm sure I'll appreciate that I can blast down to France for the weekend, or all of our lovely winding roads and all that shit a lot more.

But right now, as a student, the fact that Americans my age can buy a cheap 80s muscle car and go flat out on abandoned roads is something I'm really envious of. I still have a very exciting car compared to everyone I know but it's a fucking 1.6 NA Miata lol whereas my friends that do drive (very few) have 1.0L FWD Cuckboxes. No one is into cars, car culture among the youth is nonexistent.

>inb4 did you expect me to read all that shit by you

Spain is SHIT for cars.

Only BWMs, Porsches, Peugeots, Audis and the occasional jap car but it's hard and expensive as fuck to buy them.

People don't seem to understand the grass isn't always greener. That's not to say the home turf is always the best, though.

If it isn't the fastest car ever made, it's shit apparently

Wait a minute... A European actually likes something about this country? On Veeky Forums no less...

your friend means Germany but he thinks that's all of Europe because it's basically the only country that matters. and he's not wrong.

They're actually thinking about Japan, which is mostly like that because the cops don't do shit.

But the Government does.

>US:
>garsh darnit cleetus whatre we gonna do bout boys flyin down this 20mph zone goin 80
>more cops, jebediah! more cops!
>and buy ourselves one a them fast dodges!

>meanwhile in japan
>touge racing very dangerous, dishonor to famiry
>yare yare daze
>they're h-hayai...
>cop-san can't catch touge racer
>it can't be herped
>we'rr have to use that
>our finar attack
>we put [SPEEDOBUMUPO] on touge
>masaka!

from experience the unlimited portion of the autobahn doesn't even have nice road surface it was noisy and not really in the best condition better than anything in belgium though

Yeah, I mean it's undeniable the amount of value you get in the US. Undeniable. Other than the coastal big cities, property is cheap and large. Petrol and insurance is cheap. You can buy powerful cars for a few thousand used.

Look at it from my perspective:
>Miata is rusting to shit because only the most expensive $500,000+ homes commonly have garages.
>While the car itself was relatively cheap at £1000, I'm paying more than £3000 a year to insure it - that's almost $5000 or something?
>Petrol is $6 per gallon
>If I want to drive into London I have to pay $18 per day
>Unless you go way out into the countryside, traffic typically moves at a slow 15-30mph crawl
>Roads are narrow as fuck, no real opportunity to pin the throttle in urban areas
>Speed cameras / hidden cameras everywhere, heavy police presence

Alongside medschool I have to work long shifts every single weekend just to insure it, and pay for petrol. All of that to own a 1.6L 29 year old car. I mean, to me it's obviously worth it because I love driving more than anything else, but still. I can't afford to move out since property is so expensive so my car is the only real independence I get. Luckily mechanically it's sound so I haven't had to pay for much, and I do all the maintenance myself which keeps costs down.

I mean, compared to this - being able to buy / modify 300HP Mustangs for under 5k, insuring them for less than half I'm insuring my 1.6L 90hp rusty tin can, driving on abandoned wide as fuck roads without a care in the world is something I can only dream of.

Like I said though, once I start earning a nice fat salary I'll be far happier living here. Then you see all the benefits:
>HUGE number of racetracks
>No modification restrictions
>Very cheap insurance when you hit 25+
>Proximity to European racetracks / weekend roadtrips to the French riviera or anywhere you fucking want
>Our narrow country lanes have a 70MPH speed limit which is crazy (fun)

>speedbumps on touges
What the fuck? Is that real? That would just make the roads MORE dangerous.

That was a very good impression, user. That is exactly what every single police officer in the entirety of thr united states of america sounds like. Good job.

>more than £3000 a year to insure it
jesus tap dancing christ on a pogo, and here i thought Pastalandia's insurances were expensive.

Sadly, this post is not a joke. That's actually a spot on cop impression, and I live in fucking Seattle.

>get pulled over
>HOWDY

I don't think any American sounds like first greentext.
We tend not to hold Europe in high regards for anything.

I wasn't joking either. It's either that or angry manlet half-hispanic bald guy who's fucking PISSED THAT HE HAS TO PULL YOU OVER AAAAAAAAARRGH

>live in ausfailia
>car crushing is a legitimate punishment
>intentional loss of traction or over 35km is immediate one month impound and loss of licence
>if you want a turbo or an engine swap you have to pay thousands of dollars to have it engineered and approved
>cops scan your plates down the road and immediately know all your details

Id rather live in europe or america any day. Anyone who takes American car scene for granted is an idiot.
All those sweet cars dirt cheap because they werent import taxed.
Same goes for Europe too.

Australia looks more and more like an actual dystopian shithole every day.
I kind of feel sorry for you guys.

Its only because we have an extremely big hoon population. If i open my door of a night theres a god chance ill hear some hoons if not just a straight up burnout.

Nah, that was my Veeky Forums, /k/, and political side talking.
Not just the Veeky Forums side.

Don't forget Roadside inspections. I agree with the principle but I see more canarys on modded cars than shitbox rustpiles that are a danger to the road. God forbid I lower my car too much or my wheels poke out of my fenders on my car that has performance modifications that let me drive better and safer than most cars on the road.

UK has the cheapest used market in the world so there's that

No arguments here.
Its my home but its going to shit day by day.

Oh yeah, it's great. You can find Spirit R's for 12k sometimes lol, Supra TT's for 15k etc. But the associated costs are killer, especially when you're young. Also anything pre 80s has quite the price hike. 240Zs are hilariously expensive, as are older Minis etc.
But yeah, I definitely intend to exploit the used market when I have the funds to.

And which country would that be?

You posted a bad example. The z06 can definitely turn.
Most American drag-barges cannot.

Thank you for seeing the point. Most Europeans always talk shit about American cars because they aren't the best at everything. American cars are not as fast or as luxurious as comparable European cars. The M4 is twice as nice on the inside as a Mustang and is faster still. However, that's not the point. The point is the Mustang is perfectly livable and is nearly as fast as the M4, while costing half as much. Everyone on here shit talks the "performance per dollar" without even giving the thought any consideration.

Over here, you can get houses in the upper $10ks and low $100ks with garages. The houses in the $100k range are in nice areas, even. As for gas, I filled my tank for $2.10 a gallon on Saturday. The roads are massive due to being built after the birth of cars rather than before. Oh, and there are no speed cameras, plus all the red light cameras in my city got removed due to the company that put the company that installed them being run by a guy that embezzled money from the gov't. Police presence varies by area.

Still though, it's not all great. Both sides of the Atlantic have advantages and disadvantages.

Im also a student, thinking of getting a celica, but there is a £700 insurance difference between the 140 and 190bhp maps

>shitty truck with unreliable fuel gauge
>run out of fuel in the middle of the night on some lonely Oklahoma Highway
>just enough to get over to the shoulder and put caution lights on
>call someone to come bring me some gas
>put center armrest up, stretch out across the bench to sleep until they arrive
>wake up some time later
>redandblues.jpg
>sit up, scoot over to the driver seat and roll window down
>Highway Patrol trooper walks up, I swear his mustache is touching me from three feet away
>”out of gas?”
>yes
>”y’all got someone comin’ for ya?”
>yes
>”okie doke, have a good night, y’hear?”
>literally tips his hat to me, drives off
I see these guys helping people out with flats or car trouble all the time too, pretty friendly. Aesthetic cars, too.

>Both sides of the Atlantic have advantages and disadvantages.

Veeky Forums should invade a small shitty island in the caribbean
>repave all the roads into a combination of twisties and drag strips
>recreate Spa right in the middle of the island
>no speed limits
>no insurance
>no car tax
>cheap petrol
>autos / electrics banned
>every resident given a small garage to live in with their cars

every year Veeky Forumstists are charged the running costs of the country to stay in there

Yeah. Ultimately there's no singular "best" nation for drivers, objectively speaking. Japan has wonderful cars, but crippled by their dumb old car tax system. European prices and authoritarian draconianism are killer, despite wonderful roads and the sheer diversity in cars from different countries. America has great value but you have to deal with the import rule - and generally the quality of life can be better in Europe over some parts in the US despite the tax burden we have to bear.

Still, one of my dream holidays is driving down Route 66 in an old rented muscle car, Chuck Berry playing on the stereo. Planning on doing that in a few years with a friend.

This would unironically be much, MUCH more expensive than just living in a country with cuck laws and breaking all the rules you don't like. Do you have any idea how much it costs to run countries? With no economy to speak of (and thus no way for the country to make money, other than taxes), and no way for people to get money, you'd be headed for a financial crisis in no time, and that's assuming you get this up and running in the first place. Not to mention the headache that is all the politics surrounding founding your own country, acquiring the island in the first place.
>repave all the roads
You need to import all the materials and tools as well as manpower. Expensive as fuck. Maintenance costs even more. Only a large population and high taxes can pay for all this shit. Small population means even more horrendous taxes. You'll end up cutting costs whereever, leading to the slow (or not so slow) degradation in road quality.
>no speed limits
>no insurance
Nice, so as soon as some faggot in his Mustang misjudges the length of the runway and noturns into your car or house, you'll lose pretty much all your belongings with no compensation whatsoever.
>no car tax
Offset by horrendous property tax which is the only way for this island to make money and pay for everything.
>cheap petrol
How? You don't have a strong economy on a small island (so no subsidisation, and even if you subsidized fuel that money would come out of the population's pockets -- i.e. taxes), you have to import all the fuel onto a small island in the middle of bumfuck nowhere (expensive).
>autos / electrics banned
E-bikes would be GOAT on a small island. You don't need long reach, and you get torque for days. Why ban them if people could enjoy them? How would the ability to own vehicles with an electric engine and/or automatic transmission reduce your ability to have fun in a different vehicle?
>given a small garage
Built with what money?

Veeky Forumsland would be the single largest importer of LS1 engines and rusted out Miatas. Frostkike would also try to set up a drug cartel there.

>inb4 Euro autists ree that running out of gas in Europe is a capital offense

in my country driving without a specific destination to go to (aka "just going for a drive") is an offense

>look at Google maps
>find twisties
>"that's where I want to go"
Alternatively
>"oh hello officer, I was just going to XYZ town."
>"that's the other way? thanks, I must have gotten lost. I'll better be on my way"

I mean, how are they going to prove you don't have a specific destination?

Distilled autism.

>in my country
Why can't anyone ever just say where that is?

TL;DR most of the US is great if you love cars

The USA is great for driver's....depending on where you live of course. Most of the US has miles of large wide roads, and the more mountainous regions have great touge roads too. And once your car is at least 25 years old the gubment legit just stops caring about it, as long as it's registered and insured you can do whatever the fuck you want to it really. Hell even if your car isn't 25 as long as you pass emissions/inspections (if your state has either) you can do whatever you want almost. also gas is fucking cheap too, $2.54 a gallon is like the average so owning a car with a big ass gas guzzling eagle chirping freedom loving V8 isn't out of the question, and you can one for cheap. Getting your license is piss easy, insurance is usually quite cheap even for teenagers as long as you dont crash. MOST cops don't care what you do either as long as you aren't endangering other drivers,I went like double the speed limit down my local touge in my Miata and a cop was coming in the road and he just smiled at me as I flew by him. The only real bad thing i can think of right now is that dumb 25 year import rule, which Florida and new Hampshire from my knowledge don't really care about. Also Virginia is cucked and will fuck you badly for going like 2 over the speed limit and cameras are everywhere, and most of California is pretty strict with car modifications. also most of the mid west is just straight roads iirc. Avoid those areas and youre good to do whatever. Also old American cars are usually quite expensive bc I KNOW WHAT I GOT. If you don't have a car you get get an NA Miata for like $500-$3000 or some 90s Buick with a bulletproof engine for like $1000

Overall as a car enthusiast I love this country.

>I mean, how are they going to prove you don't have a specific destination?
They can't but many people will be naive enough to give an honest answer and then be fined. Also, the first question they ask you is where you're coming from or where you're going. If you don't answer promptly and confidently, this counts as suspicious behaviour and they may search you and your car.
youtube.com/watch?v=zaoHClXuNHA

The reason small town cops are all about speeders is that there's barely anything going on in town so they have a huge proportion to highway lookout, and their economy sucks, so to get real income they lower speed limits (even on highways that look like they should be 70 mph) to get people. Yeah it's bullshit and nothing's more annoying from going from 70-75 to 35 (or less) but it's the way things work.

$5 says it's Germany

op is a faggot

We Brits arent really Europeans though. We're just near enough for them to taint us with their bullshit

Germany has that law too but it only applies to built up areas.

user, have you ever heard of "grass is greener on the other side"?
American car culture is dead. It's been dead.
>liability insurance is ungodly expensive for 25 and below
>full coverage is even more
>cheap 80's muscle cars spend more time on jackstands than on the road
>implying there are abandoned roads outside of the midwest

Nobody wants to live in the midwest, user. America isn't that much better than what you have. Most people "into cars" here are hardpark stance kids who have never touched a wrench in their life and live off of mommy/daddy money.
There's no such thing as cheap power, cheap insurance, and cheap petrol here. You can pick one, and only one.

The nice part is knowing your town has only 2 cops so you wave to one as they pass and put your foot down once they’re out of sight because you know the other one is 20 miles away on another road.