Car maintenance fails?

Yesterday I took my sparkplugs out and washed them in my sink, and today my car won't start.

What gives Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0txHLbtpGKl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put them back in.....

>Replaced starter with orielleys lifetime starter

Now instead of just the solenoid sticking and running without a key in, it occasionally clicks and needs rocked in gear to crank

Can get a replacement but its -10 and don't want to get under car.

All you heated garage fags make me jelly as fuck.

I had snow and cleaning products on them, took them out and then proceeded to drop them in the snow... I put them in a really hot cup of water and then dried them in a microfiber for a sec. I think I'm gonna bring my wires and plugs back inside and clean up the spark plugs valley again.

>run two stroke gas through my car
>Starts running like shit
I JUST WANTED TO BABY IT AND PROTECT THE HEAD. REEEEE

>he's never heard of pneumatic spark plug cleaners
pleb
also
why wouldn't you use something they are exposed to every day like idk GASOLINE

GASOLINE DOESNT COME OUT OF MY FAUCET

Also I didn't have any on hand and was just trying to remove snow.

>drop them in the snow
>then put them in a really hot cup of water
They are fucked. buy new ones.

It wasn't boiling, just hot sink water.

>tfw 90's honda shitbox
>tfw starter is the easiest possible part to replace

>The starter is hidden under exhaust manifold and incredibly tight.

At least it's not FWD HA FAG

tried to take the shitty backbox my car came with off and put a stock one on, the old one came off pretty easy but theres some adapter on there to step up the exhaust diamater so the old one would fit. it looks like its such a tight fit that its seized on there. tried wd40 on both sides but didnt do anything, so anyone got any tips for getting something like this off, or am i going to have to resort to a drill and something to lever it off with?
also why would doing what OP did fuck his spark plugs? I can understand if they were left to corrode, but a quick wash with water shouldnt do much harm right?

Wd40 actually sucks as a penetrating lube because it isn't one. Try PB blaster or kroil or something. Also what the heck is a backbox?

exhaust backbox, guess you would call it a muffler in murica. dont know if we have either of those here, but il see what i can find

Huh, what an odd wordage.

my dude you are way too retarded to exist

this can't be real

Snapped off the lid to my car's air filter.

I had a 1992 Mercedes 190E 2.6, air filter and its box is fucking HUEG its like one of those 12" ones from a 1970's muscle car but oval. I used to have my mechanic put one on every other year when it was in for regular things like new plugs and oil changes. Anyway he was like "You could do this its eeeeeeasy" and off I went with the new air filter. Since I was used to burger-made cars where the lid lifts clean away I snapped the breather tube that comes off the TOP of the lid completely off. Bring the car back feeling like a total retard and the mechanic put a fresh lid on it he had around the shop.

I think anyone considering washing a $1.00 spark plug instead of replacing them is a pleb.

what kind of car is the 190e? How is power, road noise, comfort, etc.

I keep looking at their CL ads when I come across one while oggling w126s, but my desire is simply based on the EVO II

>Be retard
>Removing tow hitch from newly purchased shitbox
>Bolts are old and seized up
>They are also a pain in the ass to get to thanks to the exhaust mounts
>Get flexible ratchet extension and start wrenching
>Have to really put my ass into breaking them
>Half way done, 2 bolts left
>Start heaving on a bolt
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>Socket slips off the bolt
>Hand goes full force into one of the exhaust tips
>Look down at my hand
>sumtinantrite.jpg
>Blood pissing out of it
>Can barely see bone
>End up getting a shitty stitch job at a nearby urgent care

This is your daily reminder to wear gloves when wrenching.

So when I crank my car, it seems like it 'catches' quicker (but much weaker) than usual, and will chug weakly and die unless I give it gas. This seems to happen when it's been run recently. Like, today it started up fine, I drove about 15 minutes and parked at a friend's. When I went to leave an hour or two later, it didn't want to start. The same thing happened yesterday when I ran into a store, it didn't want to start when I came back out.
Any mechanons around?

Should of used PB blaster
Removing caliper bolts with Milwaukee fuel impact didn't even move
Sprayed it with PB. bitches came off

Oh dude, they're nice. Get the 2.6 model, they have an inline 6 and for being packed into a car normally getting a 4-banger or a pokey (but high MPG) diesel they are surprisingly fast. 0-60 in 7.8s

Driving at speed these cars are dead quiet, but since they are a 1980s design its not like newer cars where you can't hear the road or outside sounds. The seats are bolstered AND comfy so you stay in place and many times I felt less tired and exhausted before I had to drive someplace vs. when I got out of the car after driving for a while if that tells you anything.

The most amazing thing about the 190E is how STABLE they are. When I first bought it I drove around for a couple hours every night after work totally hooning it to see where they car would cry uncle and skid or lose composure and after 3 1/2 weeks of driving around like a madman I gave up trying to unsettle the car. In fact these cars seem more stable and smooth at speed than they do in low-speed around town driving. driving the car around 90-110 MPH the only change you really notice is the rush of the wind around the car.

The EVO II is nice but they only made 502 of those so good luck not paying a fortune for one.

Battery or alternator most likely.

Is it cold out?

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO NOTE I GOT MY CAR TO START. THE SPARKPLUGS WERE NOT THE ISSUE BUT I REPLACED THEM REGARDLESS.

I ADDED 5 NEW GALLONS OF GAS AND OFF I WENT.

I think it's having a 1/4 tank and not filling up these last 3 weeks I got some water build up. Probably gonna keep her a little bit Fuller now.

umm i hope this car had a carby if not you fucked like all of the fuel injection.
it is now gummed up with unburnt oil.
fyi 2 strokes have oil in the fuel because the fuel is the oil, and i do literally mean that the fuel is pumped into the bottom end of the engine before combustion.

Thankfully yeah. Timing gears broke a week later so I think it's good that it's got all that sweet sweet oily protection in it now.

>I think I am done with it
Indeed he is
Rest in peace, innocent machine

Related

I am extremely jelly. those things are fucking rare in aus. it is a manual or auto?

Automatic. That's real wood on the dash and around the shifter too. I replaced one of the power window switches and some dust and splinters from 1992 flew up

I don't think it's either of those. It cranks strong, just catches weird, like it's missing or something. It was mid 70s (f) yesterday, so not cold. Also, if it were the alternator, I don't think it would get stronger as a I give it gas/drive, which is the case. It's struggling right after I start it, but once I drive a bit, it seems normal. I'm wondering if it's a spark plug or wire, so I'm gonna check those later today. Also have a burning smell.

>he buys the cheapest plugs for his econobox
top kek

>All you heated garage fags make me jelly as fuck.
THIS
It was 70 degrees last week and I decided to finally dewire my car to begin the process of megasquirting.

Literally the next day it started raining and the temp shot down to highs of 40. Has not stopped raining for longer than 30 minutes since then and my car is outside. No garage at all.

I've got all my shit ready, all my parts stacked up and ready to go. Base tune loaded, ready to crimp some shit together. And I can't because it's the sky is PISSING DOWN and the sun goes down before I even get home from work anyway.

So frustrated.

Your starter isn't making weird sounds and not retracting after it starts is it?

At least you could get one of those easy up pop up tents things. It's so damn cold here and all ice in my driveway, and the sun goes down so damn fast.

I'd do what OP did, sounds like a good idea

>not knowing what a Carriage Rumble Container is
Americans

>do oil change and fuel filter
>let the oil drain and spill everywhere because im getting parking son
>jack up the rear
>proceed to replace the fuel filter
>weird broken rubber ring falls out of fuel hose
>ignore it and put new filter in
>start up the engine and check for leaks
>let it run for a few minutes while checking for any fuel leaks
>there are no leaks so i shut off the engine