Want to drive fast

>want to drive fast
>want offroad

What car can kill boths birds with 1 stone? Budget of around 2k.

nissan juke

What do you define as off road? That's like describing a vehicle by the color of the paint.

Depends on where you are, from 2.0 up to WRX impreza.

Are you retarded?

2k for a WRX that thing is going to be swiss cheese and running on 3 cylinders.

WRX is more rally if anything, but I'm open to offroading and its branches such as overlanding and rallycross. I just wanna go fast on the trails and streets, but I'm more inclined to the dirt and sand.

fuck budgets, get smiles

a rally car

There's rallycross, preruning, rock crawling, mudding, hillclimbing, and a few more that I can not think of right now. Off road is a very broad term.

Get a two smokin dirt squirter

In the UK, hence the "depends on where you are, they are extremely cheap, even for semi-decent examples.
You said fast and off-road, for those money you either get a quick-ish car that can do some light offroading or you get a Suzuki Jimny or anything such as that, that would be terrifying to drive fast on the road.

Quad

You cant really buy a fast offroad car for that money I figure

Not op, but what are some decent rally builds? Gambler 500 is coming up in socal and I'm looking at Volvo 240s or something similar for street legal amatuer rally events up near barstow

Anything with some ride height, just Hoon it and you'll have fun.

Pam such a cute

This. If rallyross or anything on dirt roads, some AWD car like a WRX would be best. If it's something more severe, probably have to go with an SUV.

FJ Cruisers had a TRD Supercharger option that bumped horsepower to about 305-310, and about 330lbs-ft of torque. Bone stock ones do 0-60 in about 7 seconds, and guys with the TRD and Magnusson superchargers were getting sub-6 second times. Of course they were running street/all-season tires, you can bet it's less with hard all terrains.

Probably the best/fastest balance between on road speed/handling and off-road performance. The Wranglers with the pentastar V6 put out good power, but their transmissions are slow as fuck and a SFA makes handling atrocious on road.

My vote goes to a supercharged FJ Cruiser.

I know it's probably been done before, but I really want to try to offroad/rally a mustang. They have shit turn radius and wheelbase compared to other cars but I saw one at a gambler event in mojave and I swear to god I could hear it calling me, plus the older gen auto mustangs are pretty cheap and the aftermarket is pretty big

Fast offroad with 2K budget? Fast anything with 2K budget ain´t happening. Bike or a quad, if you get lucky, but not a car, unless someone gifts it to you.
I guess one way to somewhat resonable budget fast-ish offroad would be a 4x4 minitruck build. More fast, more money, as simple as that.

off road fast or on road fast?
cos off road fast is like 50% slower than on road fast, and what sort of off road are we talking here?, rally car? rock crawler?

you gotta narrow it down op

Alright man, but

>ywn blast across the Saudi Arabian desert at 110mph in a lifted supercharged FJ Cruiser

>off road
>fast
yeah you can't really do either of those for 2k let alone both
my vote would be an old subaru
1st or 2nd gen legacy or 1st Gen impreza
if you get a stick shift they are loads of fun through corners with the SAWD
and the SAWD also makes it fairly capable for mild off roading
as other people said maybe a dirt bike would be better for you but I don't know anything about that as I like cars better

Late 90s Outback

>exploding gaskets and an engine that consumes more oil than gasoline

nigga r u joshin right now

an """old""" subie is one from 2005 - anything from the 90's is a moneypit at this point

>Fast
>Offroad
>2k

are you serious dude? why does everyone here do this

>want 500hp
>want 4wd
>500$ budget

Also needs to get good gas mileage and be reliable as it's my DD and needs to be cheap on insurance since I'm 12 and don't have a job

>fast
>offroad
>2k budget
250 two stroke dirtbike.

not going to find a lanevo for 2k

>4 wheels
>fast
>offroad
>2k budget
Pick three
Or buy a dirt bike and have all of these

>head gaskets

That’s only for the 2.5s. Most 90s Subaru didn’t even have that engine. My ‘96 Impreza is at 220k and doesn’t any oil. Has been very reliable

Any boxer engine is fucking shit and will eat its own gaskets prematurely, it's inherent to the shitty, horrid sounding design.

Literally zero reason for Subaru to continue using that fucking shitass meme of an engine, they're just being difficult autists like Mazda was with the rotardy.

B-but muh center of gravity

literally irrelevant, as proven by

>every
>other
>automaker
>with
>better
>offroad
>vehicles
>than
>Jewbaru

wew those terms don't go well together

did a subaru driver fuck your mom or something?

Modded off-road Miata

Forget about using a car to do any serious off roading unless your idea of off roading is doing donuts on the gravel at the dog park. Cars like Subaru's have weak control arms and delicate CV joints.

That's why a truck is a godly tool. It's got a big engine and rwd/4x4 and it will take a beating.

This kills 2 birds with one stone but good fucking luck affording it