So I want to get a Golf, but I really cant decide between a used 2015 TDI or a new 2017 with the 1.8T engine

so I want to get a Golf, but I really cant decide between a used 2015 TDI or a new 2017 with the 1.8T engine...

All of the used TDIs I've seen at the dealers around me seem to be going for about 16-19k and usually have 15-20k miles on them. For about 3 grand more I could get a new 2017 golf with a more options and better infotainment, but it won't have that diesel satisfaction.

The mpg's of the TDI are a big selling point for me and they have that nice extended warranty now, but they are probably maintenance hungry and 3k isn't really that much of a jump considering I'd be getting a brand new car if I opt for the 2017 gas model

what does Veeky Forums think?

TDIs tank in value cuz dieselgate. Go for the 1.8T

I would probably be keeping it for at least 5 years

1.8T

What's wrong with your current car?

14 year old nissan altima

What's wrong with it? You'll never break even on the higher purchase price, higher insurance, higher fuel cost. Fix your current car or buy an econobox in better shape

Nothing's wrong with it but there's really no way of knowing how much life is left in it. I just want something newer for daily driving

Change the oil and coolant and trans fluid and it'll run forever. Don't fall for the new car meme.

the timing chain tensioner already went on it once and it will probably happen again. I plan on doing those things anyway

We euros drive shitty diesel Golf because fuel is expensive and cars are expensive.

Why would anyone sane in US want diesel Golf?

You want shitty sound, vibrations, high maintenance cost, no heat during winter, 2krpm usable power band or just want to pollute the planet?

VW is shit and has expensive parts
Get an Impreza or Mazda 3 if you want a hatch or get a g37 or g35 if you want a sedan

t. Ricefag

No I don't like rice either but VWs are boring and unrelaible

As opposed to what with vw diesel, a slav taxi driver?

so are you saying something like a new civic hatch would be better?

so long as that Civic has a stick, then yea. Perfectly fine. The automatics use CVTs

If you replaced it why would you need to do it again? unless you've put 100k+ on it

The GTI is also an option if that changes things

1.8t, get wider wheels for more traction and you’ll be laughing

Or Up! Gti, those things look fun af

>Up! Gti,
The Up! (yours) isn't sold in the states

What about the Polo GTI?

America doesn't get the Polo either. VW's American line up consists of the:
Golf
Beetle
Jetta
Golf Alltrack
Tiguan