Hey Veeky Forums, I'm going to be driving a car back from across the country...

Hey Veeky Forums, I'm going to be driving a car back from across the country. What things should I have with me for "just in case" scenarios, in case the previous owner overlooked something? It'll be a 2,000 mile drive. I've already planned on a portable jumper, oil, coolant, and jack.

Bim bam bobble

handgun>9mm

>muh merica

I do 2000 miles of tour/rally stuff per year.
When driving nonstop I hook up a camelbak for water and just keep a Red bull and snacks in easy reach. Save your eyes with Blue blocker glasses, I mostly drive at night to save on speeding tickets and traffic.

Well I meant to keep the car from breaking down or stuff to have in case it does.

Full size spare tire, air compressor and some fix-o-flat.

Extra headlights and taillights so if one burns out you don't have to risk getting pulled over until you can find replacements. Maybe a gas can that you fill before you leave in case you start running low in the middle of nowhere. Extra phone chargers and printed maps won't hurt either.

I'd tell you to just bring every tool you have that will fit in the car but I'm assuming you're flying to the car then driving it back?

And assuming you'll be driving through free states, ignore the eurofag that posted earlier and bring a handgun.

Also, bring warm clothing in case you break down in the middle of the night or the weather turns.

May be too late for that, I go tomorrow. Never tried signing up for AAA, but I probably should.

Thanks for the tips.

I just took a trip of similar length
I had to get new tires anyway so I kept one of the old ones in case I managed to destroy a tire completely

It's too late if you're at the end of your 2000 mile trip. If you're just starting give them a call or stop by one of their locations tomorrow

Oh, thanks for the heads up.

>Blue blocker glasses
Just drove cross country and saw barely any cops and always did 20 over. Is this normal for winter and worse in the summer?

Literally only cops I saw were state troopers during snowstorms.

make sure you have a full sized spare, also if you already have a spare make sure it still holds air and is in good condition/no dry rotting.
keep a couple of gallons of water for drinking just in case.

Are these a meme? I've been looking for some rose colored anyway.

A pistol, a bottle of cheap cheap rum, and an old fashioned titty magazine should cover you for 90% of the problems you'll face.

Zoomp

*flares/road triangles
*flint and steel
*a good knife
*actual tools like a screwdriver set, socket set, pliers, and a big fucking hammer
*a breaker bar at least 2 feet long
*tire patch kit and air compressor or hand pump
*some kneepads
*first aid kit (adhesive medical strips, gauze, compression bandage, floss and a needle, and vodka)
*if u do only one of these things bring a big fucking hammer (the BFH)

>driving in the south
*emergency mylar blanket to use as a sun shade/ night warmth
*all the water you can carry
>driving in the north
*tackle and at least 10 feet of fishing line
50' is better
*extra warm clothes

>TFW no one has said duct tape and zip ties
for shame Veeky Forums