56k mile one owner 1988 Toyota Corolla FX 3-door, $1,800

Aight boys and girls - why should or should I not purchase this newly painted Corolla?

Automagic, 4A-C engine, "new" tires, new lower intake gaskets, new carb, new belts, new fuel filter, new paint, and inspected.

Other urls found in this thread:

vehiclehistory.com/paging-vin-report-data/new-report.php?vin=1NXAE82G9JZ510593
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Accident free, nothing sketch here

vehiclehistory.com/paging-vin-report-data/new-report.php?vin=1NXAE82G9JZ510593

if you daily drive it normies will think you're weird
looks rusty
thats all i can think of desu

I'd buy that...I bought an 85 Tercel in 87, was a great little shitbox...

How many miles? Fuggin dig it

You have to be under 50 to post on this board. Reported for overage.

looks very much NOT rusty to me... looks really good. a little attention to detail, and it could look even better. price seems pretty low, honestly. I assume it's autotragic?

con: get in a minor fender bender and you will likely die. it's only slightly more safe than a motorcycle.

56K miles

It is autotragic. A 4A-GE with a 6 speed transmission from Japan runs around $2k. I wouldn't do this unless I really didn't want to work on the 4A-C anymore though.

Accident free

Means they have a friend who helped them fix it themselves. Inspect the fuck out of it.

Go for it, it's a rare little shitbox, and finding one that clean is even more rare, even if it doesn't have the 4age. If you do buy it though please promise me you'll keep it clean and stock. There's really no reason to beat on it..

you can get a beams 3sge with a 6 speed trans off of ebay from jdmnewyork for a grand plus shipping. would be a better swap than a 4age desu.

Ok, so the car guy in me says buy it. It's quirky and in great condition for the age. It is not a fast car, but who cares. Please keep it stock and take it out for nice easy drives.

I haven't seen one that looks this good since the 90's and none at all in the last 10 years.

Aight Veeky Forums, she's mine. Going to pick up a fuel pump on the way home because the one in it is spewing gas. She will be kept stock as much as I can. No cut springs, stupid knockoff wheels, etc.

Das it mane

God speed little Toyota. I am very jealous.

congrats

Do your best OP, good luck to you.

Thanks, gentlemen. I'm so excited I can hardly work. Insurance is straight, and ordering plates tomorrow.

How does it drive? Do you rike it?

I've only taken her around the block for now. She's really quiet and slow, just like I like em.

top lad

>1988
>56k miles

the engine is sludged up and the seals are shot. a car that old should be pushing 200k to have been adequately driven.

Congrats, bruh. Keep her tidy and nice and treat her well

Join the club OP. I have an 87 Horizon, auto, with great paint as well. It's also quite slow.

These 80s hatches aren't going to be around forever. I'm gonna drive mine until I die or it blows up and I hope you do the same!

lol

Is that Richmond? Near that Japanese Garden?

Congrats my man, make sure to pick up one or two stickers from /osg/, something that lets other Veeky Forumstists know its you (no weeb shit)

Are you going to leave it stock?

My mate had one in high school. he sprayed the hood matte black and got black mag wheels.

>absolutelydisgusting.jpg

>those enormous window proportions

I miss when carmakers cared about visibility

Shitbox extraordinaire