American here, I hate driving and think it's an awful chore. Can't fucking stand it...

American here, I hate driving and think it's an awful chore. Can't fucking stand it, if I didn't live in this country I'd just walk everywhere
Should I learn manual? I heard it's more fun to drive. Are manual cars in general cheaper too?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KpeA-UwdZpE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeah

also makes your car near-impossible for niggers to steal

the fact that you need to be more engaged when driving with manual may lead you to appreciate driving more. I say give it a shot. They tend to not be cheaper than automatic lately due to their growing rarity.

Otherwise, based on your disdain for driving from the first post, you may as well hop on the bus

I don't think this is the case though, most people steal cars not from hijacking it but other methods
If someone can hotwire your car they would know how to drive stick anyway I'd think
>growing rarity
Why would the price inflate?
If anything I'd assume people not knowing how to drive manual and the dwindling amount of cars with that transmission would decrease in price

sticks shifts are wannabe bullshit.

as soon as they could be trusted most racing organizations went blip shift because sequential gearboxes are boss

driving a fucking clutch in stop and go traffic while drinking your coffee is fucking shit

if you want to be engaged in car driving get to a fucking track of some sort. otherwise its just point A to point B

>If someone can hotwire your car they would know how to drive stick anyway I'd think
You'd think wrong soyboy

Yeah but a spic will steal your car, especially if it's a civic si.

don't call me a soyboy nigger
why the fuck would someone have that knowledge without knowing how to drive stick
it's like knowing how to cook dinner for yourself without being able to make eggs

>Why would the price inflate?
It's just supply and demand. The amount of manual cars is dwindling faster than the amount of people who either don't know or don't want to drive stick.
Look at any enthusiast oriented car, and you'll see that manuals are rarer and more desirable.

You're on the wrong board fella

Idunno man, they arent really related are they? I mean hotwiring is just fiddling with wires and shit. Just because you can do that doesnt mean you can drive manual. Just knowing it isnt enough either, you have to practice using the clutch to launch and shit.

if you already dont like driving then manual wont make you suddenly like it, if anything you will find it more of a chore.

op i feel the same way in regular driving, going from A to B in a "normal" safe legal fashion which of course i do when im not out to have fun is so tedious i have to try hard not to fall asleep at the wheel sometimes.

op go on a backroad away from people to annoy and try revving your car all the way to redline, even in a slow autobox you should get an adrenaline rush from the feeling of being pulled back into your seat from the acceleration and the sound of your car getting louder as you get faster, if that doesnt seem like any fun to you then i guess you just arent a car person.

give that a shot and report back, try watching some youtube videos of cars getting hektic like >youtu.be/KpeA-UwdZpE
if you dont get any satisfaction from seeing a car get a little sideways at speed and getting right to the edge of control before saving it then idk what else might get you into cars.

i used to have 0 interest in cars and driving too till i played a forza game, not even a few years later im so into cars i even find the most obscure shitboxes entertaining

calm down pinhead, there's no need to get ya panties in a twist.

do you drink coffee with your left foot?
you can easily dirve a manual in stop and go traffic while drinking coffee

also do you have any idea how expensive, heavy and complex sequential / duel clutch gear boxes are? do you not think that cars that arent supercars would have them if they were at all reasonable?

They all use sequential because dual clutch is usually banned. Sequential eats through the clutch crazy fast or they'd all use dual-clutch by now.

I don't get how they can drive confidently with all those people around

they're insane. like legitimately insane.

>I hate driving and think it's an awful chore. Can't fucking stand it,
Why are you on this board?
Genuine question; I don't like cosplay so I don't go on /cgl/, so why would you go on Veeky Forums if you don't like driving?

>Should I learn manual?
I'd say yes for the simple fact that it's a good skill to learn. Plus if you want to buy a good used car, transmission won't limit you.

go live in a city where you can get around without a fugging car ffs

They're not bad but they are an antique to most "normal" people (not teens and Europeans). The thing about buying a manual transmission car is the amount of time it will take before you are seriously very comfortable with it. Expect something like 6 months honestly before you can drive it and never think about rolling on hills, stalling, and shifting properly. Then once you are comfortable with it, it can be a chore depending on your mood. Especially if it's a slow 4 cylinder econobox. They get great gas mileage just don't abuse it or be prepared to pay to get it fixed. Best of luck user I'd say go for it. It's fun to learn a new skill

>drinking coffee while driving
>consuming any food or drinks in general while driving

Fucking nehandertals

psst.. hey.. obvious troll is obvious

fellow American here. Yes. learning manual is worth it and a whole lot of fun. Manual cars can be cheaper, but they can also be more expensive (read: desirable) depending on the car.
Some cars were offered exclusively with manual transmissions. Examples:
Honda S2000
Honda Civic Si

Some cars offered an automatic, but automatic models are extremely rare and undesirable. Example:
Mazda Miata

Some cars were never offered with a manual option. Examples:
Ford Crown Victoria
Pontiac Grand Prix
Chevrolet Monte Carlo

and many econoboxes were offered with a manual but finding said manual can be a PITA. Examples:
Chevy Cobalt
Saturn Ion
Honda Civic

and a number of cars were offered with both automatic and manual options. Automatics are a dime a dozen but they're cheap because no one wants them, while the manuals retain value incredibly well and are hard to find. Example:
Infiniti G35

There's more in each category, but that was off the top of my head.

Yeah it seems like they really don't give a fuck whether they nail the turn or demolish like 30 people including children.

I think you should kill yourself instead you goddamn commie

Manual is literally even more of a chore

>go live in the city with all the minorities
get a load of this guy

commuting is a chore. driving is fun. get a manual and youll understand this.

japan/w. europe do it better than us
>mix of transport options
>dont have to commute can walk/bike/train
>keeps tards off the roads
>windy roads everywhere for fun driving

they're both directly related to stealing cars. though not so much anymore

easily the most thieved upon cars are 90s hondas and they're all manuels

do you eat while driving? god damn 'murica.

they hold back more than it seems like and they wouldnt go faster than they have the confidence to, but the fans are normally just as mad as the drivers are, some people stand in deliberately dangerous spots like the outside exits of corners just to get the adrenaline of nearly dying.

the greatest sport on earth!

that was an incredibly sensible and reasonable question. You must be new here.

spic here

i find automatics literally the most borng thing on earth and i don't even like driving that much

Driving a manual is not the only thing that makes driving enjoyable. I have a 400hp Auto and a 240hp manual car. I enjoy both for different reasons, transmission isn't a factor. I prefer manual but thats just me, and have no issue with autos. There's something about driving that you can't stand, and changing transmissions isnt going to change this.

no faggot, manual is a meme and they will soon be extinct

fuck off. cant wait for faguals to disappear

enjoy your burger while driving an auto amerimutt