Minecraft General - /mcg/ make a new thread faggots edition

Last thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft memes, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server memes and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more memes!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]==

>gargamel
God, that was a great spawn.

>used to play minecraft a lot but haven't for several years
>get nostalgic about it
>decide to play it again
>redownload it
>open up old world
>it crashes
>maybe older worlds are just incompatible
>try making new world
>crashes
>any time I open a world it crashes
Fuck minecraft

Must be a problem on your end desu

Does anyone know any pack that changes this loading animation? I need to check how they wrote the path to the new picture.

Not sure what it is though. It used to run on this computer fine and I don't even have mods right now.

I really like the revolvers and other generically named TechGuns weapons, but fucking hate having things like "Kalishnakow", Fallout Power Armor, and other shit with god awful inventory icons. Anything like it but not as shitty?

what does /mcg/ think of my barn

im a girl btw

It looks barney
can you date me? tfw no gf

pic related is me

This is probably the best a female brain can do, so in a way it's impressive.

>"oh hey immersive petroleum looks cool"
>no 1.7.10
>find out through recomended videos that post 1.7.10 IE has a bunch of neat stuff
well damn

Yeah, that's the thing, later versions suck, but there's just so much more shit that people can do on them. I honestly do hope that Mojang gets Java Edition working like it used to and just fucks off.

Forge

>no images found
well now I'm curious, though I doubt it's you considering the angle, unawareness, and fact that ""you"" are in a group of people

Why is 1.7.10 better than newer versions?

Join my minecraft server! :D

ZebraCraft(x)us(x)to

Use most recent version!

Rules:
*No bullies allowed!
*No griefing!
*No being rood!!!
*No gurls allowed!
*Have fun!

A lot has changed depending on how long ago you last played. The game requires far more ram, but when you have said ram it runs at higher fps than it would have on the same cpu/gpu.

First update java and get the 64bit shit going. Second play MC.

Why even add the last bit?

>lol that barn sucks...

>no wait person has pussy..

>lol barn is 10/10

She's letting us know she's mentally handicapped and therefore her work should be judged on an more forgiving scale than someone with full mental capacity.

Question about twitch launcher. I decided to do a run on a modpack using twitch launcher. When the fucker asks to update it just creates a completely new version of the modpack with the newest updates and nothing saved. Do they really expect you to carry over your saves manually to the new version or is my twitch launcher this autistic?

Jesus. I decided to uninstall the launcher for the 5th time. This time when I updated the modpack, it actually didn't duplicate itself, with or without the "update to new profile" button ticked. Fuck this launcher so far.

post dick

for those who doubt it's me

here's a selfie, that pic was taken by a friend at a papa roach concert

I don't understand

yeah but it looks cool

i actually dunno
i was using it anyway and people here recomend it

Literally who?

post tits

we should have stayed dead

but who am i kidding, i came here to shitpost about that reddit thread crying about the twitch launcher and responding to "use MultiMC instead" with "it's too haaaaaard"

We live in an age where the supermajority of the human population has access to a camera of some form, usually attached to a smartphone

Use yours with a sheet of paper denoting the date and time and try again

wait are you idiots really falling for this

of course not, but it's sometimes fun to tug on the fishing line a few times
occasionally some fun things come of it

> "Kalishnakow"
You mean Kalashnikov? That's a Russian gun, it actually exists, you dummy
Кaлaшникoв

That's his point- he doesn't want real-world guns, he just wants generic ones

It's spelled like this in the mod for some reason.
Nothing a little minetweaking cannot fix though.

Thinking of updating beyond 1.7.10 because of immsersive engineering/petroleum and quark
Should i?

does new version has mods you want?
yes? dew it.
no? do not want.

It's not like 1.7.10 will go away. You can go play with the shiny new mods, and switch back if you miss X mod or what have you.

Hey, some weirdos still play 1.2.5 . Or go full nostalgia and play beta/alpha.

You know the rules.
Tits or GTFO.

But Kalashnikov is as generic as it can get.

Nothing stopping you from switching back and forth between mod-packs

So where do the people that play Gregtech New Horizons play at? Any recommended servers? Official ones are closed ree

>Official ones are closed
Whut. I play on one of the official ones...or at least ones that come with modpack.

stop giving it (you)s retards
that's how it thinks it's welcome here

They've closed whitelist applications so no new people can join.

If you're on one of the official ones (Epsilon or Delta), would you mind pretending to be my friend on their Discord so they can maybe get me in?

On their wishlist page they say they'll consider friends

I just want some perky teen tits man

I spent 5 minutes going on website and sending application and joined just fine., dunno.

you'll have an easier time searching for them instead of waiting for them to fall on your lap

You must not be in one of the official ones then, you must be in some other server, Dirt Huts?

well i guess it can't hurt
>good chunk of the mods i'm using haven't been updated past 1.7.10
fuck
well never mind then

I'd forgotten I had a mod that made villagers spawn based on concentrated player activity

Where's the fun in that though?

>tfw afraid to tell because i know you people will come and grief everything its prospercraft or something like that

Tinker's construct is a useful mod!

Also, no screenshots but jesus fuck endermen are spooky in VR

>VR
i was confused for a minute why everything was in tilty-o vomit vision

head-tracking is a hell of a drug, yeah

heh, how's prospercraft? Is it laggy?

I stopped playing right now because too lazy and want to sleep...but it seems fine in general, there was a huge problem with tps and lags because some friend of admin spawned 8000 zombies and every admin said "we're looking into it"(aka we don't care lol) but then eventually they were killed off, i hope faggot that spawned them was killed off too.

wew lad

I think I'm gonna stick with Dirt Huts

I mean, it's fine now, it's just there was a problem with this one nigger and i don't think it will happen again. Sever is fine...except couple of space niggers that act like they the best because they went to the moon once (and died cos forgot oxygen)

any mods that make villages not bad yet?

no
just mods that make them slightly less shit

Tinkers' construct.

Is there any decent way to find what is making modded MC lag? This is a 1.10.2 modpack

I have 4 computers in my home with enthusiast specifications, for the most part, yet still have block lag (quick frame time delay) when breaking up blocks. Mostly just a hiccup of maybe a frame at best.

As well I sometimes drop to 30-40fps near base, no matter the render distance or other settings. The only optifine-like thing my current pack has installed is BetterFPS and I can't see improvement when messing with those settings.

I have come to expect this of MC over the last 7 years (in regards to modded at least). But there has to be a reason why you can easily see some other folks with far worse hardware not having these issues on far harsher packs (FTB infinity).

1.7.10 wasn't updated for ages so modders got super comfy on it. Because of this it's probably the best documented version and has the most mods.

I mean shit, I know new modders who are starting on 1.7.10 instead of going for meme versions.

>auto-smelt AND fire aspect on a sword
i guess vanilla RNG enchanting mechanics weren't bad enough for EnderIO huh

>villagers spawn based on concentrated player activity
Why on earth would you want that?

thinking.....

>Electrobob's Wizardry's zombie summon can kill pigmen without angering them
simply the best

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/lost-thaumaturgy?gameCategorySlug=mc-mods&projectID=232564

It's shit.

is immersive integration any good?

>IE redstone wire
>yuge coke oven
>charge pads
>AE/IE wires
>extendable posts
Yes.

>waste a fuckton of ender eyes searching for the stronghold
>finally find it
>use the few ones i have to open up the portal
>one off
every fucking time
why don't strongholds just generate shit on the surface

Now that's a good mod idea

Make them spawn like the fortresses from TF

Castlefag. You around? How are you supposed to beat the black witch. All she does is spam demons again and again until you're dead.

>waste a fuckton of ender eyes searching for stronghold
>finally find it
>explore every inch of it entirely, searching for the portal room
>can't find it
>do several laps running around the fucking place like a headless chicken
>frustrated, close down the game and open up the map in MCEdit
>it generated without one

It has the most mods. Mods are 90% of the content in Minecraft so there's no point in updating to newer versions anyway. And there's a mod that backports stuff from later versions. Only thing I really miss are shields

So it bugged?

i guess so

What do you people think about Vanilla version of the game?
Every modded server I have played in already had people developed the fuck outta everything and made a starting player look like Team Rocket cannon fodder

I like it, but this general has a hate boner for it

To me vanilla is comfy and I like redstone autism

it's fun for maybe a few hours, but you hit endgame so fast and there's barely anything to do. You can build of course but why bother building in vanilla when mods give you so many more tools to work with?

The sole reason is for me is that every modded server I have tried had people alraedy reached end game leaving not much to expand with

How hard is backporting?

:thonking:

Vanilla is fun first time you play minecraft, after that it's just boring and all you can do is build simple houses or be complete autist who mines 9000000000000 blocks with stone pickaxe so he can build creative-tier buildings in survival.

That's why you join a server when it first begins and progress together with your friends.

Don't play with those people then? You can play solo on a server or play singleplayer...modpacks don't mean you need to play on a server and interact with other people hello.

Depends on versions you're working between, java skill, and ability to throw code at the wall til something works

wut

But it is never fun playing solo

Oh yeah, they added that.

>that recurrent complex dungeon with the underground tree
boy oh boy i sure do love having to afk for 10 minutes every 10 seconds to regenerate the health i lost from looking at a poison spider the wrong way

>not carrying an ultimate fluid tank full of milk with you wherever you go
What the matter, don't have your own factory farm? lmao'ing at ur life

Poison spiders would be a lot less cancerous if they didn't always inflict poison on contact.
Or if they stopped fucking desyncing every time they come near a wall.

1.12 will be the next version we get stuck on for a long time. With how streamlined MC has become if people pass up porting or working for 1.12, they are autistic.

1.13 will break everything again though

just wait for version 1.4.20