Tfw I lived long enough to see the Mazda 3 become better than the Civic in every single way, including price

>tfw I lived long enough to see the Mazda 3 become better than the Civic in every single way, including price.
What the fuck happened? I'm talking about the base, manual transmission trim by the way. The gap between the two just gets wider from there.

>The gap between the two just gets wider from there.

Yeah because the Civic BTFOs the Mazda 3 past the base model lol.
Where is the Mazdaspeed 3? Mazda is a shitter, Civic still reigns supreme.

You are a fool. Just about EVERYTHING the Mazda has to offer exceeds what the current gen civic has to offer.

>but type R teehee

Literally paying 40k plus for an oversized civic proves mental retardation. Yes, you're getting a type r... congrats... do you realize what you can buy with 40k?

There are two kinds of people that buy Type Rs
>rich chink with daddies money
>literal fucking retards
I agree that Mazda really needs to bring back a proper si competitor though, alone with a coupe version of the 3.

The base Mazda 3 is still a decent sized car with beautiful styling, has a handsome interior, and is mildly fun to drive, all for $18,000 sticker.
The Civic has bland styling, it screams "budget", and the interior is every bit as boring as the outside.

Which engine is going to be more reliable? Which transmission will hold up longer? What can you live with without wanting to blow your brains out because every aspect of your day to day grind is totally devoid of emotion and soul?
Thats what really matters.

Type R is only $34000 and there's few cars in that price range that are direct upgrades from the Civic. Of the sporty 4 door class, Type R hangs with the best.

>only $34000
>plus dealership-rice tax

>Type R is only $34000
Fucking retarded bus riders that never even attempted to purchase a vehicle actually think this.

They're both trash. If you want econobox just get a civic for 3k.

Fucking retarded bus riders that never even attempted to purchase a vehicle actually think you pay anywhere near MSRP. If you ever pay more than the MSRP, you're an idiot.

So everyone who has bought a Type R is a retard?

mada cars look cool. honda is a shit badge and their cars are disgusting looking.

>thinking stealerships will let muhhhh type r go for msrp
HAHAHAHHAAAAAHHAA

Love this meme

>V8 mustang money for a fancy civic

Yes I'd say they're retarded.

post it from the rear

Mazda 3 has always been better than its equivalent year civic rivals

Different user but my brothers 2015 3 kinda feels like shit and it was new off lot. I really don't like the interior or blindspots on the thing. Seats feel cheap and the dash is already cracked. I don't like it.

I know it was 4 years ago but the Mazdaspeed 3 was $10k less

Why do stance fags love the Mazdaspeed so much? Literally cannot find a non stanced one within 100miles. I've found and seen more stock crxs than mazdaspeeds.

The new one is a big improvement.

Your brother should have paid the extra 3k at the time and gotten the 6.

Eh dad bought it for him since it was 17k brand new as a graduation gift. Had some issues with the interior and the tire pressure sensors. I can kinda give it a pass on interior being of lower quality for that price but what I mostly hate about the thing is the visibility and blindspots, I haven't driven it enough to get used to the really long hood on the thing I can't get used to when I have to drive it. It's a really sharp contrast from my 01 civic. Steering feels too much like a race wheel for video games at low speeds for this but it turns alright. Also not sure if it's like this other places in the us but the new 6 costs well above what an accord or camry does.