How loud is a straight-piped car at idle and low RPMs...

How loud is a straight-piped car at idle and low RPMs? Would I be able to leave my street at night without pissing everyone off or would I get my shit keyed within a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7OGWUm5fjE
youtube.com/watch?v=0YbvgEfRyW4
youtube.com/watch?v=gbcyEj_r5Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=8AZ_ppOCwUg
youtube.com/watch?v=A9V5N1FO9Bo
youtube.com/watch?v=x8kfCurbSFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_TnKl-NX_Q4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty loud if it's completely straight through.

Keyed in a day

Can't you get the adjustable exhaust valve to enable/disable straight pipes?

I ran straight pipes for a long time but not only is it way way too loud, it also sounds like total shit. Plus the drone on a long trip is headache inducing. If you have a good car, you want to hear the intake and the engine, not the exhaust. Intake noise is like singing, exhaust is like farting.

Completely straight pipe, no cat, no turbo.. real loud, I live cars and I'd throw a cinder block through your house window and windshield.

Straight pipe with cat, still pretty damn loud, you might get keyed.

Straight pipe after turbo and cat, people will call you an asshole.

Muffler delete is far enough. Try it first and see how you do.
I ended up just doing a louder muffler from magnaflow

>not only is it way way too loud, it also sounds like total shit

Does not compute.

youtube.com/watch?v=w7OGWUm5fjE

youtube.com/watch?v=0YbvgEfRyW4

youtube.com/watch?v=gbcyEj_r5Bg

youtube.com/watch?v=8AZ_ppOCwUg

youtube.com/watch?v=A9V5N1FO9Bo

So you guys are saying if I'm going to ruin my car by straight piping it I should move to a house with a garage first?

Preferably , I mean do you want to be an asshole to your neighbors? I had a neighbor with a termi in my apartment and it woke everyone up early morning.

Sounds like fucking trash. Sounds like it's broken. The raspy high pitched noises just ruin the deep tones you want.

>t. faggot

7:25

youtube.com/watch?v=x8kfCurbSFQ

Matt Farah drives a straight piped Corvette and has a Submariner, what have you done with your life?

Those all sound raspy and ricey. The only things that should be str8 piped are American V8's and big American diesels.

youtube.com/watch?v=_TnKl-NX_Q4

I'm not fat or bald for starters

Just get a glass pack muffler. Trust.

wut

If you have money get electric exhaust cut outs. Straight piped when you want it quiet when you don't

kys

well im not a shitskin for one

My 98 Camaro SS had Mac mid tubes to straight pipes dumping in front of the rear wheels... Shit was awesome, but insanely loud off idle( to the tune of being able to hear it from a mile and a half away at WOT). I was in the military at the time and my car was registered to my home of record, so it didn't have to go through inspection. Good times were had, but ... honestly, considering you shouldn't crap where you eat, you should consider cutouts. Also, some engines are more dependant on backpessure to cool the exhaust valves, so that that into consideration.

Take that** into consideration. Sorry, phone autocorrected.

>it also sounds like total shit.
Maybe on your little 4banger, but straight piped v8s are the shit

I had to straight pipe my car to drop transmission
at idle i can hear it from three blocks down but i try to keep it quiet because nice old lady lives next to me

What's the point of straight piping a car? Seriously, get a fucking aftermarket exhaust.

I hope you do get keyed within a week.

>at idle i can hear it from three blocks down
>but i try to keep it quiet
How? Permanently leaving it shut off?

Not revving it or leaving it running when possible

If you got a resonator in there somewhere, it outta be alright

Really fucking loud. I couldn't daily my car because I get up early and don't really want to wake all the neighbors up.

Thinking about doing a resonator and muffler delete on my 2000 323i. Should I go for it lads?

I get up early too is the problem, I'm usually out the door by 6:45am. Car is a 95 XJR, the stock exhaust is really restrictive so it's extremely quiet, quieter than a 1.4 Golf I had at idle despite having more than 3x the displacement.

Daily reminder that straight piping your car WILL cause hearing damage

Please no.

What are you going to do when your straight piped car isnt loud enough anymore because you have irreversible hearing damage?

depends on the engine op

some cars sound fine piped and some sound godawful, also note its not just about the decibels but the pitch and general niceness of the sound.

a raspy high pitched car can easily sound louder than a burbling lower pitched car even when its decibels are lower.

if you have a small 4pot that doesnt rev to high heaven for that racecar / bike like noise then dont do it.

if its a burger crossplane v8 it will probably be loud as fuck but low pitched so it wont be as hard on the hearing.

if its a diesel or an economy engine of any kind it will probably not be very loud but it will sound like its just broken

thickness of the pipes, length and the material also effects the pitch of the sound of course