Tfw 24 years old and still take my dad with me to purchase cars

>tfw 24 years old and still take my dad with me to purchase cars

Anyone else do this?

Nice thing to do.

It's more for my benefit. I don't know how to talk to people and they try to take advantage of me but I always pay with cash so I have leverage anyway

They would probably rip you off if they've a reason to think you're naive.

why wouldn't you?
its good son, and father bonding time especially when the brand of car you like is all you really got in common.
last year i asked him to tag along with me while i decided to choose between a charger and challenger. And he just asked me a few days ago to help him choose between a new durango or RAM1500

I buy salvage cars at auction fuck salesmen

Yeah. I'm 34 and go car shopping with my dad. Car culture is great for binding with your dad. He the guy who thought me about cars. Also it's always good to bring someone else when you look at private sales.

Why wouldn't you, unless your dad is a retard he is going to have some insight and better credit then you do.

fuckin savage

sounds like a reality tv show

whether its your dad or just a friend, its always a good idea to have a second set of eyes when checking out used vehicles.

I brought my dad when I bought my first new truck two years ago, we went in new years eve and by the end of it the salesman looked like he wanted to kill himself. It was a hell of a deal since I see trucks of the same model year used with 60k+ km selling for more than I paid new.

I took me dad with me to buy my first car and he damn near cried when he found out I was picking up a camaro

one day I'll have enough money to get him a replica of his old '69 Z/28

Tfw when my dad jews the price down to $2700 from $3500. I don't think I could do that but it saved me a nice bit of cash for my first car.

im looking for a car right now and im always asking my dad for his advice and he comes with me to test drive the cars as well

ITT: Beta-cuck millennials who can't make a financial decision without the help of their parents

Oh boi. Here we go

Hey look at it this way at least you have a dad to help you not get screwed over. Who cares what others think.

>Shower, shave, wear dress shirt and nicest jeans, clean car
>Dealers lie out the ass with obvious bullshit,
>No test drive

>Bring fat uncle in Tshirt, same previous conditions
>SIR SIR WOULD YOU LIKE TO DRIVE WHATEVER YOU PLEASE?

You should always bring another person to the dealerships. Not always because the person is knowledgeable about cars or dealership functions, but because it prevents dealers from psychologically pinning you down and putting pressure on you.

I don't bring my dad, he already does car sales and he doesn't want to do this shit on his time off.

I bring my brother and we just pick apart the cars and offer the lowest possible price or walk away. Usually people pick up on it and you get a good deal.

Nope. Both car purchases I made myself. My dad is a greedy piece of shit and thinks everything I buy is a waste of money. He bought a Mercedes B200 Turbo for $10k. One year later the transmission went out. EVERYONE even my mom who knows nothing told him not to buy it.

I bought my first Civic Manual for $4900, he said it was a $3k car. Insurance gave me $8500 for it.

I bought my 2011 Mustang GT Track Pack with 111k KM (69k miles) for $15.6k CAD ($12.2k USD). Cheapest in Canada is $15.8k for a Convertible 170k km (106k miles) GT Automatic, not a track pack. Cheapest in the USA is $12.5k with 165k miles (264k km) (again not a track pack).

you're a very manly man