Etrian Odyssey General

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases in the west in Fall 2017, yes, Europe as well
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/el1psp/index.html
gematsu.com/2017/08/atlus-establishes-european-publishing-division
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>captcha is goldfish

The clothes of the skyship captain and Amber look pretty Peruian.
And as opposed to the guildmasters roman get-up their clothes are not work related (although the captain is also wearing skyfarer clothes over his more colorful ones).

You can only enter and leave Aslarga with a skyship so it seems to be a city on an Island in a lake. And there are mountains close by.

In Lake Titicaca in the Anden mountains lies Isla del Sol with ruins that look like the first stratum of EMD - pic related.

Are there any female portraits that can pass as male?

cute boy

You know I just realised I out game series on rotation then obsess over them. Right now its Etrian Odyssey, before was Souls, then Shin Megami Tensei, etc. Probably not healthy...

The other Hexer.

The last one sounds the most promising - you can easily stab and slash with a blade without going full anime with impractical or even transforming weapons.

I can easily see them having a passive that gives them more damage with a cut attack if they used a stab attack last turn and vice versa.

For magical damage I'd like a sword mage that uses fire/cut and volt/cut attacks - since putting ice on a blade just makes a blade of ice.

Depends on how far your obsession goes.
If you are just very interested and happy then it doesn't sound too bad.

Why does I'm Glad It's Logre have a "murder your tank every 6 or so turns" button when he fights you for real and isn't just poking you with Landshark moves? It's not like I couldn't deal with it, but I found it amusing.

Brown-hair Hexer is a cute boy (female)!

That's how Imperial works.
Whenever his sword is cooled down he will use his big swing and overheat it again.
The cooling down animation is pretty hard to miss.

This may or may not be useful later on in the game...

If they were truly evil they'd spec him for elemental drives.
>fire drive
>heat sink
>fire drive
>ignition
>spam elemental drives and that finisher move

Oh, I could tell when he was ready to use that move again, but he kept trying to use it even after I'd managed to land an arm bind on him late in the fight, and he refused to use anything else (not even a normal attack) until he could murder my tank again. He was so close to done at that point that I didn't have time to rez her before he got dancelinked to death.

Slowpoking hard, but I figured other anons might be interested.

>please enter an A.K.A., whatever it is
Flavor text.
>select nickname and personality, it might or might not be just flavor
Flavor text. You can go to settings to make it display nicknames instead of full names during battle.
>select alignment, whatever it means
Determines what classes you can be. At the start, Evil and Good characters will not party together.
>select age, whatever it does
When you make a character you get some free stat points to distribute however you want. You "roll" the bonus like you would with dice.
Older = bigger initial bonus, worse stat growths when leveling up
Younger = smaller initial bonus, better stat growths when leveling up
>select class, but some are red so you can't
Grey classes are unavailable because of sex and alignment, red classes are unavailable because of stat requirements. You need to hit a stat threshold to get some of the classes. (Example - a human has a base STR of 8, the Fighter class needs a base STR of 12, so you need to roll at least 4 bonus points to assign them to your STR and become a Fighter)
>pressing Y randomly locks and unlocks classes
Pressing Y "rerolls", so your stat bonus was changing. No penalties for this so do it until you're happy.
>no idea of what each class is about
It's best just to make a bunch and try them out.
>there are barely any portraits
>some face load option that is empty
Go to World Map > Face Load/Style Load. You add portraits with the 3DS camera.

JP wiki's pretty good for information. spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/el1psp/index.html

Rins bio says she's a warrior from the east but etria is japan anyways so what if she's a warrior from burgerland?

Yes. In this future Japan has conquered Murrica and Canada has annexed Russia.

did she train under ken-sama

>want to buy these
>still live with parents
One day

Shit

Why can't you?

Weeb shit is gay to my parents and no more gays.

The longer you wait the harder they'll be to find. Move out nigga.

For fire it could be enemy debuffs with smokescreens and head binds as well as fire damage.

Ice could be defensive against certain kinds of physical attacks. Ice lattice walls for cuts, concentrated ones for stab. Slicken the ground beneath allies for a speed buff.

Volt could be focused on traps and countering. Electric tripwires whenever an enemy uses a leg based attack. Sound activated bombs for head attacks. Something like that.

How is liking girls gay for your parents?

EO 2 is somewhere in the northeast coast of North America.

"those are dolls for little girls!"

How does that correlate to fucking male buttholes?

Old people think you're gay if you play with dolls and you're a boy.

Old people are weird.

How's my team, both looks-wise and composition-wise?
I got tired of trying to beat up Ur-Child, so now I'm just messing with portraits.

>Vibrantly blue-haired furshit
???
>No tank for either the Pugilist or the Masurao
Interesting strategy.

What's your strategy for staying alive?

>indigo
>vibrantly blue
>not cyan or periwinkle
apply yourself

>blue-haired furshit
I wanted to have blue hair on someone, I thought the furry would be the only one it could fit with.

>no tank
Don't 1kats have decent bulk, considering their access to heavy armor?
I might also be able to make ghosts tank later on, though I'm not sure how viable of a strategy that is.
If it's really necessary, I might swap out the Warlock for a Dragoon, but then they'd fight over summon slots with the Necro.

Everyone assumes you'll go with the cheese party, don't be surprised.

Because any sane parent will disown the disappointment buying shit like that

>shaman AND necro
what the fuck

I actually did run an Ecstasy cheese party in EO2U, which is why I'm convincing myself to not go 4kat.
It was really unsatisfying for me, bosses usually got vaporized within 2-3 turns, and if they didn't, I'd have to reset because my party was fucked.
I think it's the same here. Either the boss dies instantly, or my Masu dies instantly.

What's the problem here, user?

Too much support

Dragoons aren't necessary unlike EO1 and with a shaman/Necro there's plenty of healing and buffs.

>strill 2 months until bunny waifus

Rabbit season

Duck season.

Nene hunting season.

>you'll never hunt yourself a bunny waifu

are grimoiress in eov? i'm going through untold and i really hate how this shit seems to be balanced into the game design.

In EOV they use the forge system instead.
The forge system means that some weapons have skills that you wouldn't normally be able to obtain, from different classes or enemies.

No. Grimoires were made as a stand-in for subclassing, since I and II don't have it. They're shit in U1, and good in U2.

>3U happens
>Replaces subclassing with grimoires to stay consistent with the other Untolds.

>when you want to Rickypost, but you are no longer a dirty neet

>some weapons have skills that you wouldn't normally be able to obtain, from different classes or enemies.
Wouldn't they still be completely worthless in like 5 levels after you've grown past their stats?

Is level 30 too low for my party to take on the ant queen? Destroyed 4/5 egg nests, got the preemptive strike but still got destroyed. My alchemist with analysis, dilution and frailty curse only dealt ~250 damage with fire formula 5 so something weird is going on.

You're better off trying to ambush the queen while she's trying to lay another egg. I don't remember how, but I do remember that it gives you barely enough time to kill her if you set up properly.

they wouldn't dare

Gunner-chan a cute!

Dragoon gunner is better

Spinning the tale means the story we're coming up in our head isn't it?

Are Nectars easy to farm in EOV?
I just realized my team has decent healing and buffs, but no revives.

No!
Fuck you for not having a token healer.

but user i have a potato
but it's a defensive shaman, not a botanist

I was pretending to be the game developers damning you for not going for a predesignated party

sarcasm is hard to get over text, user
but i still need to know, are nectars still locked behind a rare item?

Yes they're a bitch to get.

Why must it be this way?
Looks like I'll have to make my Necromancer the supportive kind, for that RNG revive.
I hope I don't miss out on too much fun stuff by giving up Zombie Powder.

With the summoning spesialization, you will end up with more wraiths than you know what to do with.
It gets annoying because they do chip damage and weak.
But you can do some broken stuff with that counter spell.

Now that I think about it, maybe I can drop Warlock for a dodge Fencer, since I already have access to all three elements with summoner Necro and 1kat Masu.
Summon ghosts, point enemies to attack at Fencer.
That counter spell looks neat, thanks.

Can anyone figure out what this is saying?

Everything is what you think it says.
It says the stratums going down by layer.
They 6th stratum is at the earth's normal surface.

>They 6th stratum is at the earth's normal surface.
Wait - I thought the last floor of Shinjuku is on the surface. You see streets and shit on the outside.

Shaman also has all three elements although they need to refresh their buffs to use them.

They're buried underground
>But the lighting
Yeah I dunno, bio luminescence or some shit.

Fleshy walls just have a natural sheen.

Don't those work like the oils and work only on normal attacks?
Unless you mean Oracle: Dance, but that sounds too slow and TP-intensive for me.

Oracle: Dance and Oracle: Three Runs for the offensive Shaman.
Three Runs has five hits with 200% INT damage each - so 1000% against a single target.

And what else is your Shaman gonna do when their buffs are up and running? Normal attacks to poke enemies?

If you read the reply chain, I did say I'd make a defensive shaman.
Is getting Three Runs worth losing pseudo-Artery and pseudo-Vampire?

Even Dance deals more damage than just poking wiht arrows - and it has a resistance decrease for your Necromancer and Masurao.

I'm not sure how useful a defensive Shaman is for a Dodge Fencer.
If there are only single-target and mutli-hit skills thrown around, the Fencer will eat them all and not get hit.
So you don't need to heal anything.
And if there are line or party targeted skills thrown around the Fencer will do very little so you need some massive healing - which probably means sacrificing ghosts with your Necromancer.
Offensive Shaman also has Oracle: Halo if you know a certain element is coming (which is often not that easy to predict in EOV) and more importantly Channel the Gods for a massive damage reduction for one turn.

Defensive Shaman is really great with a Dragoon though since together they turn your party into juggernauts.

Offensive Shaman it is, then.
I really want to try playing an EO game without the Protector equivalent, for once.
And I guess it does make sense that I won't need regeneration if I'll be using the dodge tank over the reduction/sponge tank.

Then what was the reason to make people feel like shinjuku is on normal surface and stratum 6 is going undergrown to tree roots, i think they even mentioned something about tree roots and primeevil

I don't think there are any tree roots in Clearet Hollows. It's a bit fleshy for that.

The one that was gnawing on tree roots is the Insatiable Pupa in EOIV.

gematsu.com/2017/08/atlus-establishes-european-publishing-division

Didn't they establish their relationship with Deep Silver only some time ago?
I'm worried for the EU release - how wrong are things going if they are now establishing their own team.

Also:
>eu
>london
kek

>Atlusjp makes a game
>AtlusUSA translates it badly
>AtlusEU translates it again from the US version
It'll be the worst game of broken telephone

>Remus
>Ramus
>Rambo

>AtlusEU translates it again from the US version

>implying they won't just use the us version and call it a day

It's not the 90s/early 2000s anymore. Unless it's a AAA title with a budget larger than a small country's GDP you are expected to get it in English.

Rambou

Rambeaux

Ramulus because they want to be extra clever.

Browneye

War revive!

5 more days until an actual good EO game comes out.

Fangwife

My Hexerwife

Is Channel the Gods as impractical as I think it is?

Memories of a previous life can help with getting your buffs back.
It's definitely nothing you can spam (unless RNGesus loves you) but it is another way to survive a turn if you already exhausted your Unison skills.

It's so they can do the 1 dollar=1 pound conversion and fuck over all of Europe. NISA and IFI did it before.

>Unison skills
So they're about reaching agreements now?

Ah fuck, they are Union skills.

Does that mean adventurer have unionized? Do they require days off and more than an hour of sleep per day now?