/amg/ Affiliate Marketing General

Lots of great content in the previous thread so let's get another one going. This is for all types of affiliate marketing like paid/PPC, SEO, social, all whitehat and blackhat alike.

Are you doing bank with paid traffic? Let us know how and feel free to gloat about your earnings.

Are you completely new to affiliate marketing with zero idea of how it works? I'll try to help you and I'll share resources for newbs to get started.

Overall this is a thread for all things affiliate related so let's keep it focused and more importantly VALUABLE to everyone!

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/e9sfr
discord.gg/NWa4T
archive.is/lCN0U
getwsostore.com/shop/affiliate-marketing/stackthatmoney-6-week-affiliate-mastery-challenge/
getcoursedown.com/stm-the-6-week-affiliate-mastery-challenge/
discord.gg/8NBQtcV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Resources for newbs:

- - PPC - -
If you wanna learn PPC try to find a rip of the 6 week AMC(affiliate mastery challenge). This usually costs $3k but I know there are rips out there somewhere.

The team does an amazing job on that course but I know most people cannot afford that. But if you can find a DDL it's well worth watching and it'll get you moving fast with paid traffic.

- - SEO - -
Amazon SEO is the best way to start and I recommend you find a DL for the tung tran amz affiliate bootcamp.

Again this is usually pricey but I know there are DLL links and/or trent rips online. The creator is not native English so it's not super clear as far as content & outreach. HOWEVER the strategies are 100% correct on how you should build an Amazon website from scratch.

If you google "tung tran amz affiliate bootcamp download ddl" (without quotes) you should find active links

- - SOCIAL - -
No idea for this one. But the best networks are Instagram and Pinterest so if you can find courses or guides on those sites you can earn a lot.

I want to launch tomorrow. Is greengeeks an okay host for shared hosting? They don't seem horrible. As far as I can tell, anything EIG owned is shit (hostgator, bluehost, godaddy) and everything else...works.

Finding niches is hard. I have 2 I think are potential gold after two days of searching. What the fuck do normalfags buy? I'm minimalist so I buy...nothing, just food and maybe new socks now and then.

Every niche can earn money so it's more about how deep you're willing to get. People can earn $5k/mo selling socks online so it's not crazy.

I don't use greengeeks but all shared hosting is crap. Decent place to start tho. I recommend ServerPilot managed VPS you'd need to pay elsewhere for email but those sites load much faster. Starting with managed is a great first step!

Don't overthink a niche. Just stick with your gut and move. You'll learn a lot along the way even if your 1st site is crap. This industry is all about failure and learning from that failure. In that process you learn what NOT to do and you'll get better over time.

Just keep moving and solve those little questions along the way.

Can any pleb NEET without special knowledge try this and make money? I hear you need to invest insane amount of time and treat it like a job. I only got maybe $500 to invest in total too. Seems that you need to drop at least thousands on marketing to get ahead, unless you do blackhat and meet with FBI.

Thanks m8. So you are the OP from the last thread? You mentioned the socks guy again and used some similar wording.

>ServerPilot managed VPS

I'll check it out, but really I'm a technological retard. Which is why I was looking at the shared hosting, seems easy. Maybe I'll run with vps for my next batch of sites; something to think about. My strategy is to get say, $100 from each a month, or 50 or 20 or whatever it gets. If I put up 10, 20, 50 sites, that's $$$. And it would help me trial and error what works and what doesn't. I figured after you get 30 posts or so on each, you don't need to add more so much, maybe once every other week on each site, so that's doable for workload.

Do you ever shill for your niches? Like take something with potential and meme it into popularity?

I'm not the original OP from last thread but I did post in it. Lots of great posters in that thread so I'm hoping to attract others into this one too.

I suggest launching one larger website rather than 50 smaller ones. The "many small sites" technique works if you follow blackhat. But if you do greyhat or whitehat you'll do better with one large authority site.

I'm not sure what you mean by "meme into popularity" but yes if you can earn more then shill your little heart out.

$500/mo is respectable. If you have that much every month then get into PPC. If you only have that as a fixed budget with no further cash then SEO is a better choice, or try automation like automated Instagram accounts.

I do not do social but I know it's very passive because automation can save you time. People can easily earn $5k-$10k/mo just by running a ton of shitty Instagram accounts where they sell sponsored posts.

Either way you only have two resources: money and time.

If you don't have much money then guess which of those you'll need to spend more.

I ran a very successful affiliate marketing blog (for a fairly unique niche) back when I was 16 years old. Any of you faggots want to hear the story?

>Any of you faggots want to hear the story?

Yes.

I'll be creating the sites in small batches and making more over time until I have a gracious income stream. I don't think 1 site (also, I suck at tech, one huge site is probably outside my reach) will give me enough income. Maybe not 50. It really depends. But last OP said he had thousands of sites. I guess I'm aiming for a middle of the road between maintaining quality and having enough quantity to be diversified.

Eventually maybe automate/outsource parts of it. Because I'm a tim ferris fan.

Huge sites are not about tech, but rather content & backlinks. Those are the only 2 things that will ever matter in SEO-based affiliate marketing.

The OP of the original thread ran automation so he saved himself a lot of time building thousands of sites... because he wasn't doing it manually.

I'm thrilled to see anyone take action. If you have questions or if you see any success feel free to post other AM threads in the future. I personally don't build dozens of smaller sites because I think that wave was milked circa 2007-2015 and now larger sites dominate the smaller sites. But if you have a strategy you gotta try... that's the best way to learn affiliate marketing is to just try

Also here's old thread I should've included this at the top

I have one site I stated back in december, it's a comparison engine for a not-niche product, and it has made me about 75 dollars per month almost since the start but hasn't scaled in any way.

So far I've invested the 10 dollars of the .com plus 3 dollars on servers (my VPS provider goes for 1 dollar a month) with about 250 dollars on profits as of today.

I only run Amazon affiliate links.

Does anybody does something similar? I'm not interested in creating blogs but simple interactive websites or apps that help people find what they want.

Well, I also launched my website last december.
Its very content heavy, but I was also aiming for very competative keywords.
So Google kind of kept me very low so far.
Most of my visitors are still bots.

I added affiliates yesterday so no income yet.

Bump for anyone in PPC/paid traffic willing to share tips & strategies

Would affiliate marketing work without any ranked sites of my own, meaning I get customers directly to sites/direct sale links where products are sold? Maybe it's obvious but everyone seems to talk about doing stuff with their own sites.

To be even more clear, I mean people clicking my links and buying, but not from my site. Would such traffic be recognizable and payable?

tip for newbies: go blackhat.

How do I get indexed on Google as quickly as possible? I've heard it can take weeks... any way to speed that up?

You can request google to index you, it takes like 10 minutes.

Have you personaly watched these programs?
Did they really helped you succeed in affiliate marketing?

I'm a bit reluctant to spend any time watching "gurus" who will only further confuse me and overwhelm me with bunch of unnecesery stuff.
Exceptions exist out there, but both of these sound like the "gurus" above.

What is average conversion ratio for "buying" keywords from google?

Depends. If you did your keyword research and are buying good keywords and your keywords are fairly uncompetitive, then you could see some good conversions.

yeah but is 1% considered good or 20%?

Obviously 20% is considered better than 1%. If for every 100 clicks, 20 people buy the product, it's better than for every 100 clicks, 1 person buys the product.

Again, your conversion ratio will naturally rise with good and noncompetitive keywords.

Yes that's usually paid/PPC traffic and it's the #1 way to earn the most from affiliate marketing. It's also generally the hardest to learn because you'll lose a lot of money before you start earning(usually $5k-$10k loss before you'll learn how to profit)

But each affiliate system has its own rules so you need to do research before direct linking.

I have personally consumed content from both courses and yes I recommend them.

I hate gurus and have no respect for the "make money online" shit you find at every turn. However these two courses are very good at covering what they teach--again they won't cover EVERYTHING and you need to think for yourself. Take the info that's valuable and reject the rest.

Tung is definitely a cheesy "guru" type. However his information is beyond valuable for SEO. Bottom line his Amz Bootcamp content is accurate.

The AMC challenge is far from guru. It's made by PPC affiliates who literally pull millions a year. They made STM so they know what they're doing, and yes the lessons are good. But those guys don't come off as gurus.

Plus since you can find both courses ripped you're not losing anything by trying them out.

The conversion changes based on the offer and the website.

How many people convert if you send them to Amazon.com? That answer will be different compared to linking to Walmart or linking to eBay. Every site has a different conversion rate so your question is not really answerable.

That said I mostly link to Amazon and I've seen numbers between 4%-15% conversion rates.

How much do you usually get paid per sale in those programs? Like few cents...or few dollars?

Varies. Some are cents, some can get up to $100-$200 dollars per conversion.

Newbies usually stick to the cheaper options because when you start the goal isn't money. It's data. You want to study how certain offers convert and how you can optimize higher conversions.

But generally speaking offers can range from cents to literally hundreds of dollars. And you can make money with all of them. Very big industry with lots of variety.

SEO is free

Any advice for PPC besides "find the course"?

I figure it's the most streamlined and fast way to get going and then scale up?

Test and refine. The toughest part is learning how everything works.

Each campaign has 3 main parts:

1. An offer(possibly from many aff networks)
2. A traffic source(again possibly multiple)
3. A tracker

You need to learn how all 3 of these things work, how they fit together, and ultimately how to build a campaign that gets in the green. The 6AMC course can help you wrap your head around all this stuff, because you need to understand what is going on before you can even try to scale up.

I'm weak in PPC and it's something I'm trying to learn a lot more about. However most Veeky Forums affiliates in older threads go the paid route so you can find good advice in archived threads.

If you're willing to pay then join STM forums and read as much as possible. That's what I'm doing and have learned so much from that community.

But bottom line PPC is all about testing and learning how to go from red to green. Once you can get into green you do it again, and again, and keep going until you know what you're doing. THEN you can try to scale up.

Thanks user, I'll try to find the archived threads. Years ago I sort of half assed PPC (I did have a tracking server setup), but was just a student without much disposable income so I got discouraged.
7search is what I used for traffic, I remember everything else was way too expensive, is it worthwhile to use places like this? Believe it or not I actually made a few clickbank sales on there, unfortunately never hit the minimum so they took all my money. I felt kind of shitty about the product I was hawking too, that's a bad feel.

I cannot tell you the best traffic source because different offers work better on different sources. But if you don't like pushing products then you probably won't do well in the industry.

It's certainly not all shady but very few products are top-tier

99% of Clickbank products are terrible, which is probably why you'll feel bad pushing them. Go with Amazon, or Google for "your niche" + "affiliate program" and you should find what you're looking for.

>Lots of great content in the previous thread so let's get another one going.

Where is the archive for the previous thread?

Awesome, thanks.

To OP, I know you get these all the time, but seriously - would you consider "partnering up"? And by that I don't mean I want to leech off you like most of the lazy NEETs (I'm not even a NEET), but instead work as an assistant, so I can utilise my skills and learn, and also talk regularly about latest stuff in this field.

I have actually done affiliate marketing and related jobs since 2008 as a side job to supplement my main source of income. I really want to master AM now, since I have decided to change something my life and leave my previous office job. I'm especially interested in PPC, Facebook advertising, adwords.

Maybe hiring me as an assistant could help us both out, since I have a wide array of skills, but they aren't really directed in a concentrated manner into developing something specific.

Is there some way to contact you? We could at least talk a bit to see if there is some way we could fit together.

I have earned money with this in the past, know how it works, but I've always been struggling on my own and have not really "cracked" the game. I think two heads are always smarter then one. Let me know if you would consider this. My e-mail is [email protected]

Appreciate the interest but I'm still on this journey myself. I'm far from someone that could offer you any value in the PPC/FB/AdWords space. I'm still a novice there myself--Right now I'm learning how to setup a tracker like Voluum and actually run a campaign. Complete basics.

My area of "expertise" lies in SEO/content/linkbuilding. It's a much slower grind so I'm moving away from the SEO side to focus more on PPC.

If you want to seriously learn then find a rip of the 6WAMC and definitely join STM forums. They are not cheap but they have all the information you could ever need.

Has anyone found a DL for 6WAMC yet... I'm still looking will post it if I can find one

Thanks for the reply.

My offer is still up if any other affiliate is interested.

What is your general approach might I ask? Do you just write the articles yourself or outsource them?

What kind of tools / software do you use?

>Has anyone found a DL for 6WAMC yet... I'm still looking will post it if I can find one

I will look for it also, but seems there is none of the forums. Content like this would be greatly appreciated.

I started writing it myself because I didn't have money to outsource. But if you wanna scale a site then you have to outsource. The writing is a drag and very numbing when you do it for days, weeks, months at a time by yourself.

Software is just WordPress for the website and Google Drive for writing content. Photoshop for basic image cropping. Really SEO requires no major software other than getting a site online and adding content.

The trickiest part isn't software, but rather learning to make money. This involves writing great content that targets money keywords, ranking that content in Google, and building a page that converts visitors into buyers.

It was available a long time ago but probably got a DMCA request. There are warez "shops" that try to hawk this shit for like $10 a piece but I hate that kinda stuff... if it was ripped then it should be free, don't try to make a profit off ripped materials.

Anyways I can't seem to find active links either but I know there's a rip out there somewhere.

discord.gg/e9sfr

We now have a Discord!

Veeky Forums AM is open to all who can share, learn, and grow stacks with the community.

Whoops, perm link is here:
discord.gg/NWa4T

archive.is/lCN0U

>tung tran amz affiliate bootcamp.

Lol Tung made his own Amazon course?

That's funny because he learned everything from the course at Authority Hacker. They even have an interview with him in their members area. I assume anything he is teaching is just a rehash of their course.

Can you expand on this? How exactly do I go blackhat? Any good websites that'll give somewhat of a step by step for this?

Anywhere I should look for these? I'm especially interested in the AMC set. Anybody got any links? I'm having a hard time finding it (only looked for AMC)

>discord.gg/e9sfr

The invite has expired. Please make a new one.

No single website is going to hold your hand. If it was that easy everyone would earn money this way.

You need to research and gather information from many sources. Join a forum like BHW and ask questions. Over time you'll learn the fundamentals of affiliate marketing and you'll pick up on black hat concepts.

I cannot seem to find a working free DDL for the 6wamc but I know there were links a while back. There's a shitty warez VIP site that you can DL the course if you pay like ten bucks, however I'm vehemently against that crap. It is out there though.

For the SEO Amazon affiliate course I gave you the exact keywords to punch in: tung tran amz affiliate bootcamp download ddl

>There's a shitty warez VIP site

Can you link me to it? I'll pay the ten, fuck it

..and burn their adsense account?

Yeah. Link to the warez site. I will pay 10 bucks

>tfw mmo is the biggest niche

anyway, even the ""experts"" on forums are quite often pretenders. seo/im can be a bit of a snakeoil circlejerk. there ARE ballers, but the loudest in the room and all that...

e.g. one of the biggest names on some of the most well thought of forums in this space was just 4 years ago (yes he was a big name then) making most of his money selling hax3d backlinks.. kek.

if you know an industry learning this stuff will take you far. if you are morally flexible, likewise. just don't expect get rich quick passive moniez; life doesn't work like that.

all serious conversation occurs in pms, skype, slack groups and the like btw. so get involved in forums don't just lurk

Can you recommend some skype groups or slack groups?

>tfw you'll never know if this guy is just a subtle shill or for real

getwsostore.com/shop/affiliate-marketing/stackthatmoney-6-week-affiliate-mastery-challenge/

Or maybe this

getcoursedown.com/stm-the-6-week-affiliate-mastery-challenge/

I do not recommend either of these and I am only posting these for informational purposes to show they are out there. Do whatever you want.

You get invited to those groups, you can't just join for no reason if you have nothing to offer & zero experience

Take the risk or don't. Shit or get off the pot. Nobody gives a shit what you believe, in fact most affiliates are too busy earning and living their lives to even remotely try to help plebs try to break their 9-5 shit lifestyle.

It's possible but you need to honestly try. Most will not. Most will give up. And frankly I like it that way because it weeds out the pussies.

I agree most good convo is private. Folks who actually take action are the ones who deserve consulting & feedback, not the tire kickers.

I made this thread to possibly gather info from other skilled affiliates who may be lurking Veeky Forums since the last thread had quite a few guys willing to answer questions and it was awesome.

I recently joined STM and have learned so much in my time already. My background is SEO but it seems obvious that paid traffic is the better route.

If you put in the work, meet the right people, and honestly try to learn/absorb new information, a lot of doors will open. At least that's been my experience with affiliate marketing.

discord.gg/8NBQtcV

Thanks for the links my man

hmm well I can also confirm there are affiliates making bank, and STM is considered pretty much one of the best resources for paid traffic out there.

didn't see the last thread, I don't really use Veeky Forums - will have to check it out. similar to my experience, too, although I haven't really done much aside from helping others with their SEO.. No projects of my own, due to real life getting in the way. I have built a list of ideas and looking to start my first authority site in the next couple of months though.

i get what you're saying in the sense that you can just "switch on" paid traffic, but it does come with it's own set of problems: advertiser account b&, networks skimming commissions, LP/traffic sources ripped off by your AM, etc etc. You carry the bag too in the sense it's cashflow negative while you're waiting for commissions. Obviously a decent credit card (air miles, cashback, whatever) is the way to go.

Have you launched any campaigns yet?

No I just got accepted into a few networks so I plan to launch my 1st campaign this week. I'm gonna start a follow-along on STM since I think that'll help me learn a whole lot faster.

But I've got a decent adspend budget of ~$1k/mo and already have Voluum, Adplexity, plus a VPS so I feel confident & ready to start losing money/buying data.

I'm open to any tips/suggestions you have but I'm not sure there's much to say other than "test & keep testing".

>I'm open to any tips/suggestions you have but I'm not sure there's much to say other than "test & keep testing".
yeah & sadly not really something I have any experience with. only bit of advice would be to stick with the bigger/better known networks like CJ to start off with. and don't tell your AM your traffic sources in case he cucks you.

did you sell your SEO projects or are they still earning for you? what's been your bread and butter up until now -- or is it a 9-5 giving you your budget?

good luck btw lad!

I still maintain all my SEO projects and they pull passive income each month. Earning avg ~$1.5k monthly but they all have so much room to grow it's insane.

I'd rather re-invest earnings from paid traffic into these websites rather than doing all the work myself. The writing, linkbuilding, marketing, it's just too much effort for one person to do alone. But SEO is great and you can earn 5-figures monthly with a big authority site so I definitely recommend getting into that whenever you find the time.

The rest of my capital I earn through active work in coding, design, SEO, and copywriting. It's all just to invest into paid ads at this point though.

re-up it if you buy it pls

guys do you think I need multiple whois protected domains and different class C IPs to reliably test various automated strategies to rank for very low competition keywords in various niches?

or can I just test it with one domain and IP on multiple subdomains?

why not just sell the projects you've lost interest in?
gives you more time and energy to invest into learning ppc. use the cash generated from the sale to invest back into the sites you want to keep. idk man, big kudos to getting to that point, but i'd focus on what is earning you money personally and try to lose the client work asap. but that's just me

i would seperate them from the start and treat it like you would if it was 'real'. it's not exactly expensive to get a fresh domain/host.

On the topic of ip's, where does everyone buy their proxies for social media account creation?

I'm about to get a mobile dongle and see if that works for creating high quality accounts, anyone have any experience with this?

why not just buy the social media accounts?
check bhw bst for proxy sellers.

forgot to add: some telcos will issue new ip on d/c but others don't, depends

For sure

>why not just buy the social media accounts?

Where?

Possibly a retarded question.

I'm new, just made my first website. trying to make a facebook for it under a pseudonym but it needs a phone verification and I can't use mine (already have a facejew/don't want this business associated with my real name.) I had a similar problem trying to make a jewgle account.

Am I stupid for wanting accounts related to this to not be my real name/info? I'm not using blackhat or anything, I guess it's just habit. How do you handle personal privacy under AM? I have whois protection on the hosting account. Should I just use my real name and info for everything?

Also, is your "business" (sites) a separate legal entity, like did you register as an LLC or anything? I doubt it but just asking.

Fun to make up for my retardation: Occultic;Nine's MC runs an AM site. /a/ crossboarder.

I use fake names for all of my websites. Mostly because I don't want my name tied to the content(eg. I'm not an expert gardener so I don't want my name on a gardening website)

So yes pseudonyms are extremely common. Phone verification has also sadly become much more common in recent years so it's harder to make these accts.

You can buy mobile pins from ppl in BHW if you search hard enough. They're pretty cheap, most sellers are on skype so they can even verify right there in a chat window.

Note: you can usually add the same phone # to multiple accts but it depends on the network. I know Twitter allows the same phone for many accts, not sure about FB or G

As for incorporation, don't bother until you're doing decent money. If you're only pulling $500/mo(or nothing/mo) then incorporating doesn't mean shit. However once you are earning it's a good idea to have a separate acct, separate legal entity, separate credit card(s), etc. Treat this like a real business if you're in this to make money.

Thanks for the response. So the only way is to buy a phone verification... What do people who don't have a phone do? It seems there were ways to get a temporary number online, but they've all been blacklisted by now by facejew. Well, thank you. I have at least a few weeks before I /need/ a facejew.

Do you have a business entity set up legally, or does anyone else (like that dude who had thousands of websites and was pulling mad bank)? Is the only reason for more beneficial tax rates?

PV/PVA buys are very cheap. Just search BHW forums for PV accounts and you'll find lots of offers for pre-verified accts. You can also contact those sellers to get rates for verifying your own acct---should not be more than a couple bucks in my experience & this might include verification for multiple accts.

Incorporation is great for taxes but also managing budgets and separating your personal expenses(rent, food) from the business expenses(servers, outsourcing). It also looks much more professional sending invoices/cheques from a business account.

A writer/designer/developer/etc would prefer an invoice from Cool Media, LLC rather than Joey McFaggot. So incorporation is also for appearances to present yourself as a serious business rather than a one-man op(even if you are). But it costs money to incorporate and you'll need a lawyer, not to mention likely a CPA to deal with the different tax situation so don't bother until you're earning.

Question for you AF guys. I'm not even being sarcastic. It doesn't look like most of the guys are making the big bucks here. 1k a month is good considering the job but it's an unlivable wage in most of the united states.

My question, why don't you guys own a business or get a high paying jobs using the same skill set?

I'm the one doing ~$1k/mo and the number is low compared to most. It's actually very very low. But it's all from smaller SEO properties and I've hit a point where I need to scale them to earn more.

Paid affiliates can earn upwards of $100k/mo or even $1MM/mo(very rare but possible). Please see the original thread before this with two affiliates sharing their earnings in the 5-figures per month.

One guy did automated SEO pulling $27k per month from eBay's affiliate program. Another guy did about $50k/mo from mobile app install affiliate offers.

To answer your question, people don't hire affiliates to work for their business. These skills don't get you "high paying jobs" because these skills ARE the high paying job. Once you earn enough you incorporate and you run your own affiliate business.