/gigg/ Gigantic General

Oh Baby a Triple Edition

>Gigantic News
gogigantic.com/en/games/Gigantic/news
>Patch Notes
gogigantic.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10596524-update-notes:-august-2017-release
>Useful information and gameplay tips
pastebin.com/pL8tAmQE (embed) (embed)
>Hero Guides
mistforge.org/select_hero
>Information about mechanics (CC, buffs, debuffs, status effects)
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/news/detail/10447093/

>View your Gigantic profile and stats
stats.gogigantic.com/en/
>View your skill rating when Refer a friend
arcgames.com/en/gg-refer-a-friend
>Gigantic Stats reader
grenn.io/

>Gigantic for Steam
store.steampowered.com/app/327690/Gigantic/
>Gigantic for Arc
arcgames.com/en/games/Gigantic/
>Gigantic for Windows 10
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/gigantic-game-preview/9nblggh444sh

>/gigg/ ID list for Steam/Arc
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYel67dS9Iya7szRv036gjBglN6m_hrLWpBf6ZgxzteKhksQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>Result spreadsheet for Steam/Arc ID list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oU-BVbqkJPtypRGJYwwqR1DcJhjbT6Yh59U2JLw0Nvo/edit?usp=sharing

>Xbone/Win10 /gigg/ ID list
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYel67dS9Iya7szRv036gjBglN6m_hrLWpBf6ZgxzteKhksQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>/gigg/ Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/giganticvg

Previous Thread:

Xenobia drawfag needs to draw Griselma

what kind of creature should they add next?

maybe one that can defend itself. it would be nice

a raid boss that takes 6 focus to mak
Or a creature that summons adds around the location

>tank creature that hinders backcapping
yes plaz

6th for bawkett

>Try to attack another point
>Literally some faggot monster teleports in and helps the creature 2v1
>One of the worst thing about this monster is you can attack other points and slowly whittle it down to get a 40 or a 2- point lead if you kill both
Make it

Beck-beck-beck...BECKEEETT~

>upgraded creatures curry the favor of snek and bird, who actually help out somehow

A creature that patrols an area it's very powerful kinda like a walking raid boss
Or a creature that attacks a point you can summon for 2 or even 3 focus that will summon directly to an enemy point and attack the creature

Kill all mozufags!

Young Griselma playing with her hands.

>Young Griselma

Every pakko I play with

Quick dump all the memes

I don't want his game to die.
But I guess its unavoidable

:(

You think Xenobia even have a vagina

I'd fuck this nigga if I weren't a man

>Actually get matched with some randoms who have a mic and speak english
>Knossos leaves after the we lose the first fight at D within the first minute
>We carry on and win the 4v5

God damn that felt good.

>when Mozu places a vortex at the exact moment HK's level 3 focus is about to hit the guardian

>Knossos leaves after losing first D
God fucking damnit Mortiga, implement a penalty system

A minotaur. It does either something like or builds vantage points around the arena.
Maybe even a type of Spirit, that gives your team buffs but has a bit lower HP than most creatures to compensate.

rather them fix the MM so I don't have to play with shitters.

Let them stay at the bottom.

Happy feet, wombo combo!

>Make 80% of the webms in the last 3 threads
>The one where I fuck up is the only webm that gets reposted

What did you buy with 500 rubies

I'm saving them up until they release a skin that I really like.

>sven doesn't do any healing
>wonders why we're dead 90% of the time

dad game uninstall

gonna buy some prostitutes

>vs 1 hero it is strong as hell
>vs 2 it's basically a bloomer

would be neat

how do i 1v1 creatures

I've never felt guilty before....

A 3 focus creature that will move towards the guardian and deal wound damage to the guardian when it reaches it.
Good on some maps and fucking garbage on some

whats the ideal 3 creature set? I hear yeti isnt worth post nerf. shadow cerb I just added since Obelisk doesnt seem to work against smart opponents and stealth is helpful on D on the ice map. is bloomer mandatory?

>if I weren't a man
ESPECIALLY if I were a man

Anyone wanna play with me at like 1AM CST?

but really I can't take the blame for this

First Rising Storm dies now this. I sure can pick
'em

ITS NOT FAIR
I DONT WANT THIS GAME TO FUCKING DIE

>mfw that was me as sven on the receiving end for the past three matches

well to be honest, most of your webms are uninteresting as hell

>you are the only person on your team without a skin

the new rift cyclops seems a tad op from its description

>when you want to spend money on the game but you know its gonna die soon

JUST

I want deadposters to drop dead

just like the game LOL

>tfw you fucked up your skill upgrades because you were too busy shitposting on /v/
>tfw you end up with the most deaths and least kills on your team
>tfw the enemy team steamrolled you and every opportunity.
>tfw you were the weakest link

i don't know why they seem to think constantly yelling that the game is dying is helping in any way. they're hurting the game more than anything

real talk. the game released from a new studio in a market oversaturated with hero-based shit. the game is memorable just from looks alone and is noted for being a fresh take on MOBA conventions, so there's praise for visuals and gameplay. plus the playerbase is spread across two different platforms (windows+xbone and PC), but is still healthier than most (lawbreakers being a prime example)

>It's a Triple Support game
>It's a 4 range 1 melee game
>It's a all melee comb with no xenobia

>Try out the mozu pull for shits and giggles
>Margrave tries to attack me literally gets dazed 3 times time

mozu pull?

>It's a "Beckett,Tripp and Tyto instalock at the same time" episode

Mozu has a talent that turns his Vortex into a large pull.
Has a talent that makes so if they exit the vortex they get dazed.
Funny enough if they go in and out they keep getting dazed

fucking hate the in/out combat mechanic, it forces players to fuck off and do nothing for chunks of time. why not just make the healers less-than-fucking-useless? having to manage health/stamina regen as part of the meta gameplay seems gay

Is there a list of heroes by release date? I know the last three have been Oru, Ramsay, and Zandora, but what about before that?

I started playing when becket was released, after her was pakko, then zand, then oramsay and oru

why is this general so dead

fun game but ded game
took me 30 whole seconds for a match just now

i'm guessing they're using discord? if so the general deserves to die.

there were som discordfags in first threads but they fucked off by now

Just found a game quick but it was a long one. Struggled but we won once their assassins became less effective when everyone leveled more. Their Wu was killing it but the long game favored our balance sadly for him. He deserved more support.

What's the unlock for Charnok's devaedra skin? I have no option to buy it but it also isn't available

The way I see it, strong healers mean you have meta-comps where a good frontline never dies and any comp without a healer is suicide. so there's pressure that all teams need a healing support (i.e. Overwatch, HotS, TF2).

Any game that stays away from that shit at the very beginning will never feel pressured to make hard-supports or healers, and can roll the all-assassin/bruiser teams that are so much fun, even against teams that do have a support. Hell, the fact that everyone gets out-of-combat regen beats having to walk back to spawn by a large margin, regen that you can activate even in the middle of a firefight just by staying in cover.

sketching out vadassi at the moment, but i'm not 100% sure on the pose just yet

thoughts?

Why is Wu so much fun?

How is it no monk character has ever been as fun as Wu?

Pretty good so far, user. I'm liking it.

Do you have a tumblr or pixiv you post to?

I love it

she has 4 hands, you can get weirder than that, user. i have faith in you

i dont think comparing the mercy OW heals to the way sven or voden heals is very fair. gigantic support imo has a higher skill ceiling than OW or similar mobas like hots or lol; meaning a frontline strategy isn't so auto-win like with op/easy mercy heals. i agree that forcing a healer into the meta isn't good, but some combat engagements are already super quick thanks to certain glass-cannon hero types so i don't think the combat would be as long-lasting as you might be imagining
>beats having to walk back to spawn
Just barely. yes it's better than say running back to fountain in LoL, but I see a lot of the core gameplay focused around that same aspect. the tug-of-war caused by managing regen forces players to constantly fuck off for 10 seconds behind a wall or back to the creature, gameplay wise it's not too different: the creatures just act as glorified towers. I think it'd be interesting to see what the game would look like with the regen nixed entirely and the healers cranked up a bit, but I doubt a shift so radical in that direction will ever happen

New skins when?

as soon as you spend your gems

>I think it'd be interesting to see what the game would look like with the regen nixed entirely and the healers cranked up a bit
>The most ubiquitous setup for healing balance would be interesting

it's common because it works well. "that's too similar to other games" isn't much of a retort considering how ubiquitous nearly every other aspect of gameplay is

The difference between walking back to cover and walking back to fountain is the sheer armount of time and strategic presence you waste doing either. In Gigantic, it’s the few seconds it takes to run behind cover and make sure no one’s on your tail. In any other game, it’s between ten seconds to a minute of either walking/porting/respawning back to fountain, then another ten-to-thirty seconds of your life lost walking back to wherever you’re needed - the very thing that sprinting/mounting up was invented to combat.

Aside from affecting character development/expectations, healer-centrism brings its own problems:

- You run the risk of making unkillable character combos. Characters who can kill you easily while tanking nearly everything thrown at them are the worst enemies to have to fight, and a healer keeping a painful character alive through anything is the most recurring way for a game to enable them.

- It devalues health as an important resource. Without dedicated healers, every health point becomes more valuable; they can't be easily filled up and replaced without sacrificing time to stay out of combat. When healers abound, it becomes more of an inconvenient number that you expect someone else to always top up for you.

- Someone on the team must ALWAYS be on healer duty. There are people who only want to heal, but making healing optional serves them just as well, while giving them breathing room if they ever want to DPS sometime. But as most cases show us, most people just want to have fun and develop playing as whoever they want to play.

If you’re a dedicated healer, Gigantic is likely going to disappoint you in that regard with every support except Vadasi, but it already demonstrates that you don’t need healers to make a diverse and rich roster. Healing should be kept as just one of a support’s many options and contributions, not their expected standard.

Works so well at what, exactly? Negating chip damage as a thing to bother with? Taking away either one of every support's basic abilities or passive? Giving tryhards a scapegoat to blame?

>it's common because it works well
They have to change something or else we'd be playing TF2 all over again.
Personally I think the speed of play, massively reduced reliance on support characters, character designs and ui aesthetics, world building, dedicated melee options, etc. do a lot to help the game stand out without being detrimental to its quality.

will xenobia skin be able to buy with crowns or will it be 750 rupees forever

>Spam 130 damage spears every 2 seconds
>Dash in and hit someone for a huge bleed and crack their armor
>Smack them a few times
>Use your AoE knock up if they try to get away
>Run away or use your knock up for mobility if you didn't use it
>Have a shitload of health so it's hard to fuck any of this up

Knossos is a real easy character. Why don't more people play smug cow?

He's only good at sub 5k MMR, if you're smurfing.

Actual sub 5k MMR don't know how to play The Cow correctly and anything over you'll be dead before you can do anything.

Why would you play Assassin Cow, when you can play Tripp.

I'm like 6.5k MMR and even on bad days, I end up with 5.5 MMR and he works just fine.

How the fuck do I play Voden?? I see so many people pop off on him and I always do shit.

Any tips and builds?

Because tripp can literally get the same results with 2 buttons.

You do no damage the entire time except for a shitload of annoying degen and never die due to super jumps and stealth.

You end the game with a shitload of efficiency and feel good about playing Voden.

>See this on your team

I WANT TO WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE

I'm reading a lot on how the Guardians changed over the alpha/beta and wow, they really did try to push for the allied-boss-monster feel. Can anyone from the alpha/beta tell me what I missed out on?

Right now, I feel like Leiran and Grenn are functionally glorified ancients/nexuses/cores who don't really deliver on the "fight alongside a titan" fantasy, just chilling in spawn while we do the fighting for them. But the core gameplay in the 5v5 is already rich and demanding, so much that I wouldn't want to be distracted by them showing up and doing raid-boss things.

Of course, it must be said that even now, with their rampaging across the map and their announcer voices they're still a great step up from other MOBA bases.

>first match of the day
>getting shittalked by a bleedig edge tripp with 4 kills 4 deaths

Its going to be a long day

Any news on QoL improvements to the game? Like report button or at least option to mute certain players. No mmr gains from bot games, more severe punishments for leavers, etc.

This is getting ridiculous
Today it's either I get shit on completely or something like this happens
>101 level Knossos

Could also use the orbs to block stuff go nuts

This makes me want to play Vadasi but I don't know how outside of Not-Mercy.

Fuck

I spent money on this game, damn. Wasted.