>simple
>cheap
>lots of torque
>very tunable
>reliable
>light
Yuropoor DOHC engines
>complex
>high maintenance (valve adjustments on a fucking 300 hp engine, LMAO)
>expensive
>less torque
>already so high strung you can't increase the power significantly
>heavy

>b-but muh refinement! muh hp/L!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eLz2aYRD6sQ&t=36
youtube.com/watch?v=8ni-vnLNKkg&t=70
youtube.com/watch?v=sWjqXDfUy2o&t=19
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LS_based_GM_small-block_engine
enginelabs.com/news/super-dave-adkins-journey-to-a-3000-horsepower-all-billet-ls/
fordproblems.com/recalls/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m just here to represent the v8 army.

Displacement > all others.

Because oil supply and resources are infinite.

>already so high strung you can't increase the power significantly
t. faggot

youtube.com/watch?v=eLz2aYRD6sQ&t=36

youtube.com/watch?v=8ni-vnLNKkg&t=70

youtube.com/watch?v=sWjqXDfUy2o&t=19

I have enough money to pay for my gas because I studied valuable shit in school

what about american DOHC?

What about when you DOHC your LS?

Also BMW was making 1500hp from a 1960's era 1.5L block in the 80's lol. Don't go talking about Euro engines being at their limits when LS7s blow the fuck up when you sneeze at them.

Is that why European cars are the best in just about every catagory

You are wrong and Im european. Why dont we just agree some of us like american cars, some like japan cars and some people like european cars. We all have different taste about what our car has to do great and what is not important for us. Thats way we shouldnt just bullshit around which cars are best.

except American cars are actually cool. most euro and japshit are wimpy cucksleds

>tfw i can get 600hp with bolt ons alone

Feels good man

my yuropoor 4.4 liter v8 pushes 300hp, is cheap, good on gas and reliable.
kys

it’s not about taste snd subjective shit this time though

then how come mostly americans covet and drive them?

Not everyone is an enthusiast

>covet
uh, i guess...

americans drive a shit-ton of japanese cars too.

No replacement

Yeah $50k into the motor later... Meanwhile cleetus can pull a truck motor slap an ebay turbo on it and be making 700whp reliably.

>What about when you DOHC your LS?
You gain physical size and weight, Lose power and torque.

Watch a docu on those F1 engines. Most didn't even make it past the test cell.

Well, let's see, that's an lsx block and that block is good for about 3k HP before weird things start happening.

NO OHV LS makes more power than that stock DOHC LS.

LS goes to shit around 700whp, delusional.

Wrong again. The lm7 and lq4/9 see 1k with little fuss. Fun fact, the block is never an issue.

>I've never seen anything related to sloppy mechanics: the post.

Junkyard builds run 800whp nowadays as the standard benchmark number.

Why aren't there cheap mid engine sports cars with good engines

This guy is a benchracer that's never been to a track.

Take down the compression a bit and you'll make close to that with pump gas. Or build your own 750hp scb/LS in your garage. Though with that DOHC being the size of a big block you could compare those then it's definitely no match. And that's just NA.

pic related

Those aren't LS engines.

>have to build

Lol, OHV BTFO by a stock engine.

Not LS, his truck is garbage too.

What kind of cuck buys or cares about stock anything? Why are you even here?

Yes they are, you fucking tard. The lm7, lq4, lq9, L99, LS(1,2,3,4,6,7,9,x,a). Whatever the 4.8 is called. The only ones that aren't LS based are the new LT1 and LT4. Those are direct port.

Not LS, engine is so shit you ahve to pick a non-LS to defend it.

I will concede that pushrods are the best for any 'v' configuration engine, as OHC pushes the lateral dimensions too far out, but inlines should be DOHC, as the vertical dimension increase is easily manageable. Pound for pound the inline DOHC's hit harder, as they have fewer pounds and more technology

Based =/= LS you retards. Still gets btfo by a DOHC that makes 750hp on 91 octane. OHV is garbage.

Lm7 is LS based. Next?

Trips confirm, normal LS is just a mediocre piece of shit loved by non enthusiasts who know nothing about cars.

A $40k engine isn't really "btfo-ing" anything. Dump that much into a LS with twin turbos and see what happens.

I want to preface by saying I love pushrod engines and prefer them. But where does this meme originate that they make more torque? This is simply not true when only the cylinder head is the variable. Increasing torque is mostly affected by intake air velocity, which is largely affected by having a straighter intake runner. DOHC heads have straighter runners because they can run more aggressive valve angle (also they’re fucking wide as shit)

>modifications

Who cares? You know it's garbage when you need twin turbos to compete with a NA DOHC too.

LS fanboys know literally nothing about cars or engines. They just benchrace numbers and compare 7.0L engines to 3.5L.

Oh, because it means something different to you than literally everyone else in the car scene? No, you're right.. you're the only kid that's right and ... everyone else is wrong... It has nothing to do with your autism, no, no, everyone else is wrong....

This is a literal sperg out. As usual facts break LS fanboys.

The LS wiki says otherwise.. you're just reeing

Sorry, it says based, not that it's an LS. If it isn't a LS it isn't an LS. Your brain must be hurting to try and process basic English. LS is just the epitome of mediocrity.

>le "stock bottom end record" meme

See the post where you're (still) a retard.

Also lol, the world's fastest 2JZ is faster than literally any LS that exists. Same with the fastest Ford Modular.

It's like your benchracing means fuckall. LSfags eternally btfo

that's entirely false and you know it

How? There are no 5 second LS cars. There of Modular and JZ. LS is a mediocre shitter.

>40k
Closer to 5k little buddy, we're not talking >1000hp here

To bad the world's fastest 2JZ is undriveable on the streets, Same with that """""""modular""""". Why can't the 2J or modular make 11 000hp like a pushrod V8 can?

We should be talking >1000hp here. Guys are making that with literal junkyard trash.

What's the price on that DOHC LS? I bet it's well over $30k. I'm saying you could build a stupid powerful and reliable pushrod engine for that much.

Top fuels are barely trackable, fastest LS isn't streetable either. Oddly enough even old school SBCs seem to go faster than LS.

Also lol @ you having to build a piece of shit to compete with a stock brand new DOHC LS.

The Mercury Marine dohc lsx is about 29k to your door if you're stateside.

if the American v8s are so reliable why do people rebuild them so often, it seems like as soon as someone buys as old American car, the first thing they do is rebuild the engine where as I've seen people running 30 year bmw and mercedes engines fine

>gets BTFO
>b-but muh street

top fuel engines aren't related to LS engines in any way, cuck

Dave Adkins has a 3000 HP LS...

I love how ass-blasted some people are about the LS's popularity.

no he does not

he has a billet block enginelabs.com/news/super-dave-adkins-journey-to-a-3000-horsepower-all-billet-ls/

it is not a GM cast, and it is slower than this modular, which actually is a Ford factory block

Based V8 poster understressed LS1 making 400hp reporting in

Jesus man, clean your engine bay.

weird isn't it

i wonder what could have caused this

when the ecotec v6 was replaced by the alloytec a lot of people said that it sacrificed the low end torque for more hp so it seems accurate that pushrod engines have more torque also having 2 valve per cylinder allows them be bigger

>all this damage control

Pretty much anything iron blocked will go faster than a LS. They're built for lightweight "sporty" applications not drag racing.

Yeah that's not worth it. That buys you a crate engine that makes almost the same power.

They're a pushrod V8. Close enough.

A billet clone of a block is the same as using a original block princess.

>whatever the 4.8 is called
LR4
Everything he just listed is literally an LS motor, you tard. The SS Trailblazers even got an aluminum block version of the 5.3 (L33 iirc). The only differences between them are the bore/stroke. Everything else (including internal stuff) freely swap between blocks. In fact, a cheap upgrade for the lm7 (5.3) is to take the flat top pistons from the lr4 (4.8) to bump compression.

pushrod v8 is best v8

>a billet block is the same as using the original block
>both are pushrod v8s so that means LS fags can take credit for them

you are so fucking stupid it is fun to watch

540i? if so, that is a really well balanced bmw. plenty of passing power, comfy, p reliable

As much as I love smallblocks Ive had to spend way more time on general maintenance with then than any dohc I've owned. Points, rocker clearance adjustments, sorting out intake manifold leaks, air filter nut insistently loose, rocker cover gaskets leaks, breather outlet leaks, exhaust manifold leaks.
>dat sound though

Im on the same page as you. I absolutely love sbf's and sbc's. they seem to require a bit more adjustments and tend to leak oil in notorious places, but i kinda like that in that i keeps me busy lol. i consider the 302 ford or 350 chevy the best engine for new enthusiast to learn and grow knowledge from on a budget. They both have their issues but are cheap and potentially a ton of fun

fordproblems.com/recalls/

nice obsession

>Also BMW was making 1500hp from a 1960's era 1.5L block in the 80's
Have fun finding toluene to fuel your high strung race motor that is only good for a few laps

LS is the engine architecture of the Gen 3 and Gen 4 Chevy small block there are about 40 different "LS" motors

coyote > every yuropoor turbo engine with a lower redline

>being too poor to afford a corvette

A lot of the time "rebuilding the engine" entails them putting on an ass load of go fast parts like a stroker kit and high flow heads.

there used to be a time where German engineering didn't mean plastic water pump.

Why would you stick a 30 year old engine into a somewhat new build? It's like $1000 to rebuild the engine and it's out already so you might as well. You could also build it up to 500hp while you have it out.

Ohc v8>ohv v8