/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Last Thread: >when there's adversaries that haven't been purified edition

>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i9BVnCT3aMo
twitter.com/wahiko94/status/816300195067461632
wahiko94.at-ninja.jp/
wahiko.itch.io/hacker9
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Darkwood fags, I need your help. I can't find the Muscian and I want to give him the key. Where does he go after first meeting him near the Chicken Lady's house?

>can't play darkwood more than one in-game day per day

too spooky for me

who /rimworld/ here

That's one of my favorite things about the game. Every night somehow ranks up the spook factor. Good shit.

find the silo, he's in the top of the silo itself

darkwood is one of those games where i really wish i could erase my memory of it and play it blind again. im afraid im never gonna play a game that does survival horror this well for a long time

is that in the village or outside it?

Oh wait nevermind, I know where this place is.

ohhh sorry, he's at the silo later on. he's underneath the tractor next to the chicken lady's house

He's no longer there, so I assume he's at the silo now.

for stardew valley should I just pick standard farm if it's my first time playing?

manned up tonight and beat the shit out of a couple savages, one beat the hell out of my barricade though

tomorrow im going to explore the wedding since im assuming that's how you open the coded door at the entrance to silent forest

I actually haven't encountered anything wedding related so far, so good luck on that!

I got through the Silent Forest house. Get a torch and use it to burn away at the poison stuff at the ground. Then go around, find the code for the doors, and you'll get into Silent Forest.

Ah okay, I went to the silent forest on my second day so im not surprised i missed the code.

It's probably for the best to pick the vanilla flavor as your firstie.

>wedding
It's literally a hedge maze and then a building in an area named "wedding."

It's somewhere in the house, I think. Just watch yourself, there might be a savage in the house too.

I went through the hedge maze, but never got inside the house.

What a grotesque turtle

Any tarkov bros escape here?

>Darkwood
>night 6, silent forest hideout, fucking savages break into the kitchen
>hiding on other side of the house with only a stick and a flashlight, trying to decide whether to stay quiet in the hopes they'll leave or run and push a cabinet in front of the door
>end up so paralyzed with fear they bust their way in and I have to fight them both at once

Is survival horror saved

lol Darkwood counts time spent in menu as "time since last save"

Reminder that bio means water.

So bioware is what comes before vaporware?

Darkwood has the best sound design i have heard in an indie game in a long time. Monsters breaking your barricades are fucking terrifying.

It's too quiet... gotta crank my speaker all the way up (my speakers are dying, but other stuff is still loud enough).

Afraid the game is going to drop a jump scare on my and bust my fucking eardrums.

Thanks, senpai
Wish I played as male char, this quest would have been way cooler.

Is any of the OFF fanmade sequels any good?

Another user said they all suffer from trying to be like what OFF was and not what more content would be like.

crap, I always wanted a sequel of sorts after looking at Mortis Ghost various sketches, but guess we will have to learn with nothing but put regrets

Meanwhile LISA fangames seem to be better (again, only from what I hear), though they're also not terribly finished.

Which I guess is to be expected...

I don't care for A Scam in Time but I saw it gets some crossover hats. The one that caught my interest is from Freedom Planet 2 which just makes me question WHEN IS FREEDOM PLANET 2???

Anyone know where to download this?

youtube.com/watch?v=i9BVnCT3aMo

Wow I thought this will be impossible but this was one of the easiest searches for obscure ever.
Various twitter results leading to the dev and even a /jp/ archive link all in the first 5 bing results for "Ghost9Solid".
twitter.com/wahiko94/status/816300195067461632
wahiko94.at-ninja.jp/
wahiko.itch.io/hacker9

>Afraid the game is going to drop a jump scare on my and bust my fucking eardrum
Nah, Darkwood is horror done right, all the fear comes from thick atmosphere and really good sound/graphic design.

There are no jumpscares as far as I know (not by design at least, it's prefectly possible to get spooken by an enemy appearing out of nowhere).

Did Ittle Dew get controller support?

It always had. it is just not ingame and instead in the stupid fucking unity launcher. Always gotta remember to unbind the horizontal and vertical axes at the top and map the axes on the bottom instead or controls always end up busted.

Battle Brothers hasn't been discussed in a while. Switch it for one of the other suggestions

Wasn't Battle Brothers revealed to be shallow as fuck and very repetitive?

Nah

This thread is poverty

>Darkwood
>Go back to the wedding after 2 days
>Dog's gone, just a bloodstain
Something tells me I shouldn't be here.

in the Old woods and I'm getting raped every night REEEEEEEEEEEE

Get into the generator room, barricade the way with every furniture you can grab and get ready for Rapey the Banshee.

Ta lad those fuckin chompers love my ass

What is this, a joke for ants?

that's the version i got, that's the version you'll get.

>that's the version i got
I wonder why.

Will bladelings respawn? I killed every one of these little fuckers and got only one oddity from them.

I hope every single wolf in rimworld burns in the deepest and most painful depths of doggy hell

Yes.

Good. I also read on wiki that you can mistake ore boulders with them if you drill it, that's genius.

Yeah they do, although only in the caves the miners don't retake.

God dammit do I hate white day. What possesses a person to do THIS

I just rolled a psi monk and I'm loving it. Is stacking evasion/dodge a valid defense later on?

> Is stacking evasion/dodge a valid defense later on?
Yes, as long as you put a decent amount of points into both and/or wear siphoner leather armor/tabis and/or take related feats.

Don't get stunned/incapacitated since that reduces both to 0. Same for off-balance debuff applied by sledgehammer enemies and siphoners. Also psi abilites cannot miss so dodge/evasion is generally useless against them.

Overall I don't like them very much since they require a lot of investment (be it skill points, equipment or feats) and become useless when you need the most, but it's viable.

I have 101 effective evasion and they still hit me a lot.

The number alone doesn't really say much, especially for evasion.

Everything depends on your dodge/evasion relative to the enemy's offensive skill and, in case of ranged weapons, distance and light.

Overall I wouldn't even bother if you can't get the to 200+ effective skill by level 25, preferably a bit over that. This includes gear/feat though, so it's easy to reach with infused siphoner armor/tabis.

Also, evasino decreases damage from AoE attacks like grenades.

Free nightmare fuel? Thanks mom!

at least hint what game you're talking about

Not him, but those who are able to answer his question will know what game he was talking about.

>not relaxing and having a smoke with Mushroom Granny
I was so fucking satisfied to beat the shit out of like 4 human spiders and 2 crocodiles and just stumble into her safe room.

>incapable of dumb labor

>not 9636
>not 9686
>not even 9689

what the FUCK White Day?

this is a cute boss

It's underrail. You probably found it out yourself by googling bladeling+oddity.

Hello anons I wish you many pancakes

I've got to restart Darkwood, ive died so much i feel like im missing out on all the trader rep

How do I git gud at Rain World?
Do I just have to die over and over again until I learn everything the painful way or do I wait for the easy mode to come out first?

3-4 shiny stones will get you right back up, bud. Sell sell sell- but save every shotgun shell, or small/medium caliber magazine you find. Also, have at least 50 matches for when you leave the area.

It feels better to play permadeath anyways. The game is not long enough for this to become frustrating and it adds to the fear.

I'm probably 18-21 hours in my first playthrough and I am only half way through the swamp. I can see how people who have been playing it for years since its initial Alpha might be able to breeze through on a single permadeath, but I like the 4 lives + Embryo equals 1 life concept.

>Not long enough
>I just finished the game after 20 hours and i missed a shitload of quests
Yeah nah i'll keep my infinite lives.

Pain is the route to pleasure.
>TFW Night 3
>No deaths yet and tonight has been quite thus far

Nevermind.. Immediately after saying that, my bedroom door opened.

>second lamp in the other room

oh shit nigger what are you doing

Wait, hideout's layout are random? I dont remember any of them like this.

It's fine there.
>Hear a dog
>It wanders in and attacks me
>Close door, replace box, loot corpse
>Turn around
Send help.

Oh wait, it's not different, it's like your hideout is rotated 90°. Now that's weird.

I'm pretty sure the whole game gets rotated at random 90 degree angles for each save.

>save every shotgun shell, or small/medium caliber magazine you find
What about medium caliber bullets?

Does Guilty Gear count as indie or misc

pretty sure its /fgg/

Actually we have /ggg/ now so you don't have to go to that damned place anymore.

saved

Damn, the Stardew Valley creator is a qt.

Hey, new to the general, got any general recommendations for someone trying to shake off some gamer fatigue?

You would have to be more specific than that.

Just looking for something to get lost in, a very atmospheric game that sucks you in.

That's still not very specific.

What genres are your favourite?

Yume Nikke