/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Eat your Veggies(meat) Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. arrives 8/25 in Japan, region free. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch save data app is live on the JP eShop.
-The MHXX English Patch will be updated and properly merged with the 3DS game update soon™. Temp fixes are around.
-Monster Hunter Stories comes out 9/8. Demo out now. youtube.com/watch?v=r46Jbq-ZNok

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Please buy my game, Nyanon!

Kirin whores for world.

Please be hyped for XX, not World garbage.

So did all you Switch owners buy off Play Asia for XX codes or Amazon? I just found out that the jp eshop doesn't accept our shit.

Jesus, the one on the left is so QUALITY. The ass looks like it's way too far away from the lower back and the fuck is going on just below the breasts?

I would be hyped for both if XX came to the west but since it isn't I'm only hyped for world.

What kind of retardation is this? XX isn't region-locked, just buy and play.

Some provisional notes on MVs.

HH got a bit of love. The double circle swing got upped from 27 to 45. Recitals now have shockwaves, if you hit with both the shockwave and the weapon you effectively deal double damage.

CB got no MV nerfs, but the ultra is a little bit weaker, 25% raw per phial instead of 33%, and phial damage is no longer boosted by the shield boost. Condensed element slash is 90 MV.

GS got some boosts to non charge attacks it seems. Draw attack went from 48 to 60. Dunno about draw attacks.

GL got big buffs. On top of its greatly increased attack speed, the slam was buffed from a 40 MV to about 62, and the wide slash is around a 64 minimum.

Wyrmstake Cannon is not fixed damage, it scales with raw and is affected by hitzones. 30 MV on the initial stab, about 100 combined MV on the ticks+final explosion.

Note that these are pretty rough values, nothing is guaranteed, and any of these values may change between now and release.

Who?

There will still be slutty male armors right?

I like my games in a language I can understand. I don't want to spend hours translating item and skill names without even being able to type the word in a search engine/and search it in a page because it's in moonrunes.

I am! Tama in HD!

Going balls deep in Kirin sluts.

>Tama in HD!
>HD

>MH
>reading
Hello /v/ migrant.

Keep that Frontier garbage to yourself.

Dunno about charge attacks*
It's late I'm sorry forgive me

>I skip all dialogue and play the entire game naked and never use any items and I legitimately think I am enjoying the game as much as I could this way
Sup /v/

>mainline kino
>frontier
Are you feeling ok there, buddy?

Nope, male characters will only get full armor that completely covers the face so you'll never see the work you put into your character's mug.

>one images ruined everything
>not the overreaction to said one image
They should learn to not feed.

Also, phial explosions with the boosted sword on CB deal 2% raw, compared to the regular 5% in axe mode, and 10% on an AED.

but Gen/X/XX isn't mainline

Who are you quoting?

And again
>MH
>dialogue

Except how there's the option to turn off your helmet's appearance, at least in cutscenes

I'm quoting you.
MH has text that isn't dialogue. And I like reading the silly dialogue anyway.

Alright but what about Bone and Kirin sets for guys?

>tfw was going to an hero but now I have to wait until world comes out and see if its good enough or not

>i suck massive horsecocks on a daily basis
And now I'm quoting you, apparently.

>MH has text that isn't dialogue.
Easily understandable without trasnlation.
>And I like reading the silly dialogue anyway.
That's just the shitty nintendo translation which was never even remotely funny.

The real kicker here is that the (((victims))) were the shitposters all along.

>He actually WANTS to buy Gen a 3rd time
>This time there's no english translation

>Easily understandable without trasnlation.
hmmm yes I too can distinguish between those two identical items names or just magically understand what skill just popped up on the new item set I crafted from a monster I magically remembered the moonrune name of

>bone
literally WHO uses that.

>Kirin
even the male kirin set obscures the eyes.

I wonder if the smug eyebrow face will be back in World. that's the real question.

>3rd time
Not sure if this user has brain damage.

Yeah it's just last place. Perfecto!

>Gen/X
>XX
>XX Switch edition
At least you could pirate the first two, but why would you buy it if you could pirate it in english?

I'm hyped for both.
>12 hours 27 minutes until XX Switch

>pirating MH
>>>/reddit/

Could it be?... Is it finally time, for top-tier Gunlance?

Reminder you can queue songs and play them back to back.

>He actually wants to buy Gen for a third time

that blade is THICC

Does weapon affinity affect the rate that you apply status effects?

I'm not talking about faces, I'm talking about thigh/crotch windows or absence of pants.

only if you have crit status.

>touching X
XX is still one game, anyway. So it's 2 titles.
Anyways XX is great, it's a shame you're childishly dismissing it.

I'm trying amazon but I'm not sure the billing address on my card is going to work.

>CB is good again

>thigh/crotch
Ass-less chaps, bring them back please!

Thanks.
I was going to give sleep weapons to my cats and wanted to know which I should go for. Now I know.

>buying XX again
LOL

What? Why would I want to buy a Japanese version of a game I already have, in English, for free?
For a third time
>He actually wants to buy Gen for a THIRD TIME

I'm doing significantly worse using the "get out of jail free" Adept Style, than I ever did with guild/regular.

>Adept dodge Brachy's attack.
>Run towards it for a counter-attack.
>Get smacked, blast applied and then tailwhipped.
>Adept Dodge again.
>Run away from it.
>Brachy starts up his Slam Dunk.
>Can't avoid it because I'm still in the animation.
How are you supposed to use this stupidly long dodge? What am I doing wrong here?

>XX is out in English
>3rd time
>he PAID for Gen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Reading comprehension
XX has had an english translation fan patch forever, man.

attack immediately to cancel the chicken run

>HE PAID FOR GEN
>AND THEN PAID FOR XX ON THE 3DS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Trying to get a Rusted Lance
>Get literally every Rusted weapon except Lance

>using CB

I found it unbearable against Zinogre, because I'm used to rolling towards him when he does that move where he punches the ground 2-3 times. But with adept I end up adept evading the first and getting hit by the second

The XX defense force, doing their victim gambit

>him
Kys furfag

>Recitals now have shockwaves, if you hit with both the shockwave and the weapon you effectively deal double damage.
Nice I didn't notice this. It looks like the recital animations have changed too, at least the encore.

>design a cool weapon that is both a Sword and an Axe
>said weapon can transform mid combo seamlessly if you know when to do it
>lots of potential for chains and followups
>the correct way to play this weapon is to charge your Sword and then alternate between X and A

Why is Capcom like this?

>Still attracted to the old as garbage kirin slut armor

MH4U Custom Quest room up.
G-rank permit required, bring your git gud game.

>old things are automatically bad

gays not welcome, /mhg/ is a Christian general

>discordfags hate shitposting
wtf i love shitposting now

!!!WARNING!!!
MLX ROOM
MLX ROOM
DO NOT ENTER

they significantly reduced sword mode uptime in exchange for a significant boost in power, so while sword mode is still clearly better, because it's supposed to be, using sword mode exclusively would mean you'd be reloading every 5 seconds.

Sorry I'm not a cheater.

So you're not even supposed to use it as anything but a dodge? The dodge is a bit too long for me to stay on top of the monster, but that could just be my skill level coming in to play.
Gets annoying repositioning afterwards.

Zinogre + Adept doesn't seem to work at all either, those claw smashes track way too well.
I can't seem to pull off a regular dodge on those attacks either, so I'm not sure how to Adept Dodge the third charged hit that actually matters.
Adept seems like way too much trouble.

There's nothing wrong about liking the classic.

No, you're supposed to attack out of it, the tricky part about Adept is not getting punished like hell for it.
Zinogre isn't worth using Adept on, all of its moves are easily avoidable without it. Adept is for shit that either uses a lot of AoE, or is very aggressive with moves that are somewhat difficult to avoid.

you're supposed to plan out where you're going to aim the run appropriately

admittedly, adept is pretty bad against certain monsters and requires some thinking, despite /mhg/ memeing it up as "le free dark souls dodge"

unless you're a gunner of course, then yeah, it's pretty much a free evade +10

>using sword mode exclusively would mean you'd be reloading every 5 seconds.
And that is bad because SA is no longer the same Battery Sword I've been using in XX to get sub0.001 times on Super Thunderlord

Am I right in thinking that Evade Extender is not as important for Aerial SwitchAxe than it is for all the other styles with normal rolls?
I know it's great for repositioning and staying on the monster but I feel I'm not getting much from it on Aerial.

Is it autism? Just another annoying furfag? A whiny faggot?

All of the above?

also I just saw a confirmation on the 3 songs stored played in one recital, see arekkz video at around 5:30, he plays attack up then both stored self improv in a recital+encore, self improv gets cleared off the music sheet but doesn't show the "activated" text because it's already active I assume.
Also active songs are in green in the song list in the top right, encore'd songs in purple. No need for a mental timer anymore I guess.

all they have to do is remove the reload

now efficient SA play requires usage of both forms in tandem

I want to play MHW with Milsy-chan!

>he's not buying a Switch

Just another D*scord regular, ignore.

>gays not welcome

>adept gs fun as fuk n good in Gen
>brave gs fun as fuk n good in XX
>adept gs gimped to shit in XX

They made the reload pretty inefficient, you're probably better off just whacking the monster in axe mode for a few seconds until the sword mode meter is back to full. Reloading at the right time would give you a nearly full meter before, now you'll have 50-60% at best, and it drains faster too. But the natural recharge rate is also faster.

Adept GS was massively buffed in XX, what are you talking about?

>No, you're supposed to attack out of it
Like immediately after your character launches off the ground and gets the white air swirls around them? Or at the start of the sprint?

>all of its moves are easily avoidable without it.
Bit of a shame that. Zinogre, Gore Magala and Nargacuga are the best monsters in my book, even though they're all relatively easy once you've fought them more than once.
Fun to fight, and quick to punish your failures. I reckon we need more unique monsters like them.

>you're supposed to plan out where you're going to aim the run appropriately
That's probably where I'm screwing up. I can read what attacks they're going to do based on start up animations 95% of the time, but I have no idea what they're gonna do next.

Out of the sprint. The tricky part is making sure you can get the attack off on a weak point and without being punished

I know I am losing DPS in a way but that's how I play the weapon anyway.
I constantly alternate between Sword and Axe mode so as to not drain the bar completely, as opposed to using just Axe moves for a while then just Sword moves for a while.
It is fun

At least it seems like World is trying to make Sword mode more engaging, even if it's making Axe even less relevant.

If you consider charging while running a buff, sure.

Why the fuck would you consider charging while running as a buff though. The MV for the adept attack was lowered to accomdate the charge and the charge means you run for much longer than you used to, wide open for any number of follow-up attacks.

Why would you consider that as a buff.

A lv3 running charge hits way harder than the original adept attack did, and with a bit of timing it's just as easy to land. The charge time is almost nonexistent with focus.

Reloading doesn't seem to give as much meter as it used to

>even if it's making Axe even less relevant.
Don't worry, famitsu

>and sword mode

It transforms you back into axe mode