350,000 miles. It burns so much oil it converted itself into a 2 stroke

350,000 miles. It burns so much oil it converted itself into a 2 stroke.

I don't think 2 stroke means what you think it means

Meh, the valves are probably sketchy too.

Ohv engine says "fuck it" and grows Reed valves :p

I know that feel OP
My 78 f150 was the same way at 367,000. I bought a second engine, rebuilt it, and swapped it in a day.
I picked up a whole lot of horsepower and 2 mpg.

It was obviously a simple reference to burning oil. You’re not correcting his thinking that it LITERALLY IS NOW 2 STROKE. Fuck off.

Oh hey my truck burns oil too. I add about a quart a week. But these engines have heavy blow-by from the factory..

it will run forever though user

Lighten up Terrance.

yeah the truck in the photo is a 1978 ford f350 i want to swap a detroit into it and actually make it a 2 stroke

I know the feeling brother.

that a beautiful truck by the way

Couldn’t you just get new pistons/rings and maybe a hone? Shouldn’t cost that much to fix.

yes i am planning on that but a detroit swap would be fun

Dat freshly rebuilt 300 l6. Runs like a sewing machine, doesn't burn or leak anything, and gets nearly 20 mpg if I drive it right.

thats a nice truck. mine has a 351m

dentsides rule!

try to get a 6V53 Detroit.

MIne doesn’t burn too much, but the plug is leaking because I didn’t put a new ring on it. Next oil change should fix it.

this was my 89 F-150. Called her 'Berta"
300 straight six. with a 5 speed. posi rear end with factory tow package. she had 355k on it. the body rusted off the frame, i sold it to a guy that swapped the drive train into a 70's F100.
He is still driving it daily, he said when the engine dies he will rebuild it. that was 60k miles ago

mine is a 78 f350 with a 351m 4 speed manual with 1st gear being a granny and a 488 rear end

what size tires? I have a 1995 F-250 now. It has the factory 4:10 gear package. I have 33x12.50x18's on it.

i believe the rears are 33x12.5 but i just got the truck and i haven't looked

the front tires are just cheap kumho tires

i would love a 6v53

i used to rebuild them, those are built like nascar engines.
Roller lifters, roller rockers. built very well

Yeah I know the engines are great but im concerned about the big detroit fitting under the hood of the f350

Not that related by why don't people convert engines into 2 strokes more? You'd need a different camshaft and a supercharger but it would be doable.

i think 2 strokes just aren't very popular. i only know them from old gmc crackerboxes and related trucks. i would love to see someone convert an engine though.

the actual mileage of the truck is 352,731 but the odometer only goes to 99,999 so it looks like it has 52,731 miles on it

I think a 4-53 fits. There's at least one youtube video of a late Seventies Ford with a Detroit plowing snow that I watched while trying to find good-sounding Detroits. Unfortunately the best ones are still the grain truck (although he overplays it in the "Return Of.. " video) and the 6-53 in a faded yellow dump truck that's missing the bed. Most of the rest miss it by "that" much.

Picked up this tank because i kept overloading my 1/2 ton.

IDI turbo but only 84k on odo

yes i have seen videos of a 4-53 in a late 70's ford.
i think just sliding the firewall of the truck back and adding a 2 inch body lift to the truck would allow a 6-53 to fit though

that is a huge truck. i like it. the only reason my 78
doesnt have dual rear wheels is because the dump where i take junk i need to get rid of is real picky about what you do and dont have to pay to bring in. my old truck had dual rears and i always had to pay a commercial fee so instead i just got a camper special with single rear wheels

I just love fords from the 351/ 300 eras. Currently have a couple Econolines with 351, though my 94 is still my favorite, 205k miles and still looking mint, doesn't seem to burn any oil or leak either

same i love the old fords. the only reason my 78 is so worn out is the 488 rear end gearing. in 4th gear going 60 mph the engine is doing nearly 4500 rpm.

by the way, i love the roof rack on that econoline.

my 78 doesnt leak too bad but the carburetor often gives me trouble

You are the one who needs to lighten up and recognize a joke

Really want an old dentside project at some point, just such tough sweet trucks. Would be a perfect summer rig to haul my wheelchair around. Something like this is what Id do.

Thanks it actually came from a Jeep Cherokee,fits surprisingly well

they really are great project trucks but they have terrible rust issues if you look at the first pic, my 78 has some serious rust issues

Factory turbo? Those engines are sought after because of their stronger internals. And nice score on it being a centurion

Good place for help and info is the Ford truck enthusiasts site

noice

Isuzu makes a inline 4 cylinder that's pretty popular to swap into old Detroit iron. It's called the IDE4

>every gasket is starting to leak oil
>automatic self rustproofing??
>self changing oil???
>profit??