/fng/ - Fortnite General

Blonde Kyle Edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>If I was in alpha do I have to buy?
If you spent money equal to the price of a founders pack during the alpha you will receive the corresponding founders pack for free plus. If you did not you will get a discount on one.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

>/fng/ discord
discord.gg/uXZHAyG

>/fng/ loot table (ongoing project, help is appreciated)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wrfh3l2kOfXi-TxDcSaXDrShaZzMSVd4iZeGk8mraBg/edit?usp=sharing

>FortNite crafting weapon costs for first tier weapons, traps.
pastebin.com/FLBZVc3f

>Some useful information
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWt-LgADVmRdQnS9OomDFqjqXQT7wyyPA1unctnaPHM/htmlview?sle=true#

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/iYcuwjr9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm going with pistol. I already have 2 Dragonfly snipers and I can't bear wasting the choice on getting a third one.
Plus I already have an epic silver shredder with double crit
Wish me luck

Posting for EFFICIENCY AND KNOWLEDGE. pastebin.com/iYcuwjr9

EACH CHEST TAKES 10 BARS TO COMPLETE.
20 BARS = TIER 3 CHEST.
30 BARS = TIER 4 CHEST.

- GENERAL -
>Gold/Platinum Combat = 2 Bars
>Gold/Platinum Building = 2 Bars
>Gold/Platinum Utility = 2 Bars
>Speed Run: 2/3/4/5 days = 6 Bars
>Did not Overbuild = 6 Bars
>Group Activity (Salvage the Drone Sidequest) = 4 Bars
>Exploration Badge = 2 Bars
>Mission Failed = 6 Bars

- FIGHT THE STORM -
>Placed Atlas Quickly = 4 Bars
>Successful on 1st Attempt = 4 Bars
>Each Atlas over 50% Health = 4 Bars
>Category 1 Storm = 16 Bars
>Category 2 Storm = 24 Bars
>Category 3 Storm = 30 Bars
>Category 4 Storm = 34 Bars

- RIDE THE LIGHTNING -
>Van Stage 1 = 2 Bars
>Van Stage 2 = 4 Bars
>Van Launched! = 16 Bars

- RESCUE THE SURVIVORS -
>All Survivors Rescued (Min: 6) = 8 Bars
>Rescue Rookie(Bonus: 1-3) = 8 Bars
>Life Preserver(Bonus: 4-6) = 10 Bars
>Humanitarian(Bonus: 7-8) = 12 Bars
>Evacuation Expert(Bonus: ALL) = 20 Bars

- RETRIEVE THE DATA -
>Located the Landing Zone = 4 Bars
>25% Successful Download = 12 Bars
>50% Successful Download = 14 Bars
>75% Successful Download = 16 Bars
>100% Successful Download = 18 Bars

- BUILD THE RADAR GRID -
>Radar Grid Online! (Min: 3) = 14 Bars
>Storm Forecaster (Bonus: 1) = 14 Bars?
>Maximum Coverage (Bonus: ALL) = 22 Bars

- DESTROY THE ENCAMPMENTS -
>All Encampments Destroyed (Min: 5) = 14 Bars
>Camp Crasher (Bonus: 1) = 14 Bars
>Husk Shucker (Bonus: 2-3)= 16 Bars
>Encampment Executioner (Bonus: 4) = 18 Bars
>Annihilator (Bonus: ALL) = 20 Bars

- DELIVER THE BOMB -
>Located the Rift = 2 Bars
>Launcher with over 50% Health = 6 Bars
>Rift Closed! = 24 Bars

- REPAIR THE SHELTER -
>Shelter Successfully Repaired = 22 Bars

- EVACUATE THE SHELTER -
>Shelter with over 50% Health = 4 Bars
>Shelter Successfully Evacuated = 22 Bars

- LAUNCH THE ROCKET -
>Rocket Stage 1 = 2 Bars
>Rocket Stage 2 = 4 Bars
>Rocket Final Stage = 6 Bars
>Rocket Launched = 28 Bars

we should include in the OP that timed alert rewards reset 24 hours after you spend one

May as well have a google doc of all of their current fuck ups

answer damnit.

>Those cartridges
Hmmmm

Crit chance is additive, yes.
The actual value may never show correctly on the stats panel.

I liked the beta but I don't really want to buy the full version.

40 dollars for super/troll llamas would get you more than what the pack gives anyway

Adding a percentage implies a percentage of the original value.
Where X is original value, ((%*0.01)*X)+X=New Value

+25% Damage
Base damage = 200
0.25*200 = 50+200 = 250 new damage

+25% Crit
Base crit = 5
0.25*5 = 1.25+5 = 6.25 is your new crit chance

Considering I don't currently have a piercing weapon I'm okay with this.
Really wish that reload speed was fire rate though.

>Bolt Bolt
What is this, Borderlands?

so it says its 50% as a visual bug?

Post a picture so I can figure out what the fuck you're referencing.

I'm console peasanting right now and i currently lack a phone.

How is this gun anyways. Because it looks like makeshift crap

PC

>everybody gets good rolls but me

Both my legos were shit, so got booked. This new epic shredder is better, correct?

Shame you got bad rolls on it.
That shotgun is silly good.

Yeah

>Flat 50% damage boost
>On a semi-auto shell weapon
>Bad
Stop listening to these memers, that's as good as roll as you can get on a slow weapon like that, crit chance is crap if you're shooting slow.
Max it out and you'll have a oneshot wonder.

Never played this game. Who is kyle and why is he so hot and always the op image

If you could really get 50% or higher crit chance on a weapon do you imagine how broken that would be? Don't be silly.

So for Timed Mission Rewards do I need to finish that mission in the amount of time? Like say if there's 5 minutes left do I still get the timed rewards as long as I queue into it?

It's only a flat 50% to the Offense the gun itself provides and doesn't take into account your Offense as well. At best it'd be a flat 25% to your damage.

>Crit chance is bad
>Damage % is good
Nice try Epic

epic

I'd like to see that shit on an lmg or machine pistol for funsies

but user, no recoil at all!

50+ offense when you have around 700~ in canny makes that weapon EH

Really interested to see a full headshot damage roll on that rifle.

Two V-Buck mission alerts today, that's pretty cool.

I know that feel, user.

It will never break, user

user, this could be you, on every mission ever

I'm guessing the razorwire is better right?

What's the difference between obsidian and shadowshard when upgrading to 4 stars? It is making me choose a path.

Yeah, headshot damage is the winner there.

we're all shitters here so I have to direct you to rebbit because there's actually a really in depth post about it

If both mats are equally rare go shadowshard.

It's objectively better going off the numbers, but will be shit if the resource is super rare.

Obsidian is like when you went from copper to silver or silver to malachite
Shadowshard gives your weapons more damage and impact at the cost of attack speed and durability, Pretty good for burst damage weapons like sniper rifles and shotguns

Hey anons, should I bother pushing this to 3* or 4*? It feels solid for a Deathray, but I need some opinions.

Don't feel bad about leveling guns/playstyles you find fun.
Holding off for a perfect roll is just going to make the game that much more boring.

If it gets the job done go for it. Perfect roll'd weapons are a pain in the ass to get

No, because you don't have enough Malachite. Wait until they fix the Malachite issue.

How the hell do you not have 50+ of it yet?

Deathray-user here. I have 415 Malachite, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Are you allowed to increase your log/brick/plate storage at some point? Trying to build around my Storm Shield is a nightmare.
>Come into the 1st Plank SSD with full mats
>Only level 2 metal walls just around the SSD
>I'm down to 500 metal already
Jesus fucking christ what a nightmare. On my last one I had to keep going back and forth making trips to missions just to get materials, bringing them back with penny to build, and repeating it sucks

You can only carry 999, but you can store them in your storm shield.

>two legendaries
I guess it was at least a little worth it, shame both have two damage meme rolls though (not that it matters, I'm still new as fuck relatively).
Siegebreaker looks fun at least, other rolls are crit chance, crit damage, and headshot damage. Pew pew time.
Also why the fuck do I always see purple Bearcats? Holy shit

Siegebreaker is very strong. Its powerfully good on soldiers

If you buy the extra $100 founder pack you get unlimited base materials for building in your Storm Shield area, but building traps and ammo still use mats you have in storage.

>malachite issue
what issue? is it not dropping with regularity?

>415
fucking how, jesus christ

>Siegebreaker
Fuck you faggot get AIDS

What. I never heard of unlimited base materials

Gotta call bullshit on that.

bump

If you get the $150 version it puts you in a secret whales-only chatroom and also unlocks an additional pack that gives you all the legendary heroes and weapons, 100 inventory slots, 4 permanent epic transformations, a mythic rifle, and unlimited use of basic building materials for basic structures in your Storm Shield.

I know and i know others that have that. None are saying you get access to unlimited building materials for stormshield.

>mythic rifle
You mean the LEGENDARY nocturno?

im not entirely sure how it works but i was able to play 3 of the missions getting 20, 25, 20 today.
is that normal? for some reason i had the impression a timed mission reward can only be obtained once? or is it unlimited until the timer is over

Then they're lying to you, either they don't have the whale pack or they don't want to hurt your feelings for being a poorfag. I have every inch of my Stonewood covered in lv3 steel and brick.

You can only do three a day, I was just surprised two of them for me were V-Bucks

You don't get unlimted resources. Nice try faggot

stop shitposting, dumbfuck

there are no unlimited building materials at the "uber secret whale" tier

Okay but wait, there IS an uber secret whale tier?

I was saying you don't get unlimited building materials for that extra pack.

yes

after you buy the goy edition a secret juden edition unlocks for 100$

not a meme

If you buy the super deluxe pack you get to pick 1 of 4 options(2 characters of a specific class and a weapon). Afterwards it offers you the remaining 3 options you didn't pick as another pack for $100 but it DOES NOT give you infinite building materials for your stormshield.

Am I the only one who just gets totally assravaged by takers as Constructor? I can kill them in half a fucking second on any other class but my Kyle just gets his shit chewed up instantly

I use decoys most of the time, but all you have to do is 90 degree sprint to the side when it does the swoop.

What about when it does that shit where it just glues to your guy and keeps smacking you? I don't have decoy

build a wall son

>Log in and grab my daily Llama
>Suddenly it turns gold
>Mythic Lead Sie "Dragon" Lung
>A Legendary survivor and a few Epics
>Legendary Ceiling Zapper schematic (Pic related)
>Epic Mercenary Jonesy
>Rare Power BASE Knox
>Assorted blue and green trash that's perfect for my book

Did I win? Please tell me how good these things are. Also, how far in the game do I need to be to unlock the leader slot for the Close Assault Squad? Furthermore, is this Jonesy any good? My current main hero is a rare Ramirez and I like her better because her passives focus around assault rifles and damage.

seems fine to be are you cool with what you got? then thats what really matters

I'm guessing reload speed won't let me chamber rounds faster with this thing

Reload speed for reloading your 5 bullets faster.
Fireing speed for shooting your bullets faster.

Now which one is chambering the round user?
Fireing speed, correct.
Reload does fix the annoying thing with having to reload every 5th shot. So you got that going for you

How do boosts work, anyways? How long do they last, where do I use them, tell me everything I need to know about boosts. I want those sick xp gains and I have a handful of em lying around.

should i consider my legendary shredder a sunk cost compared to my new epic one and just start leveling it?

I think epic will do won't do as much as damage as the legendary from the start but I don't know how much

>I never checked how long they last
>never check how many I have
I should do that.

always legendary, especially at 4* plus

Is it acceptable to use lobbies to selfishly farm materials/llamas if I give everyone an xp boost?

you could make a private game and just do it that way following that I don't know if the boost stays if you leave

But if I do it in multiplayer lobbies I can run around picking up other peoples leftover materials, survivor saves, and garunteed lv4 chest at the end.

I would be fine with it as long you helped fighting at the end

Redpill me on the current Llama, AKA Super Ranged Weapon Llama. Is it worth it, or should I save my Vindershekels for later?

Buy it if your current best weapons are shit. Don't buy it if you have decent weapons already.

yea i think the amount of vbucks per card is worse than a troll stash as well. i certainly wont buy another, i already had 2 good legendary weapons and was let down by this one

I thought I had a really good idea for stacking maximum barricade health to force husks to go the direction I want... But they can just run over those roof pieces, can't they?

>stacking wood

It's cheap, and just proof of concept

Raise the two outward facing corners on the roof pieces

You're a genius and I love you

They have been very Jewish on rain drops in canny valley on Xbox. Two nights not a single fucking mission with rain drops

could always go to a lower level place for drops.

Burst AR is awkward as fuck to hit headshots with because of recoil. If you can control it with the recoil reduction to sitll land headshots, sure. For body shots, razorwire is also better. If you can't control the recoil though, trooper will be better for headshots.

Good to know, the only heroes worth leveling I've gotten that weren't ninjas have been purple Banshee and Wildcat.

I'd be willing to share despite my less than ideal rolls, user
>pic related