Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZWY8fK90
youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w
pastebin.com/a2piE7gW
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update
strawpoll.me/13775850
youtube.com/watch?v=L4m2nwn5wT8
youtube.com/watch?v=zIjBPqmOG-0
youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4mou4OR4U
youtube.com/watch?v=djT7zF2WQVo
imgur.com/a/WBYy8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Elite Dangerous Information
pastebin.com/ZWY8fK90
2.4 closed beta is here and it adds absolutely nothing of value yet.Thargoids soon.
Announcement video with contribution from our lord braben:
youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

No Man's Sky Information:
No Man's Sky's latest free update ,Atlas Rises, brings 30 hours of new story content, new race,ships,procedural missions and basic multiplayer.It's not as boring as it used to be.

>Atlas Rises Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=5328iuzHw-w

>Full Patch Notes
pastebin.com/a2piE7gW
pastebin.com/cugkem8w
Previous thread

Holy shit this isnt rushed

inb4 space dad starts shitposting to hell and back
also in case the mods aren't retarded and prune the other thread this time:

Don't know why but Veeky Forums detects any post with more than one pastebin link as spam for me.Is there any workaround i'm not familiar with?

spesssquid

The new Gladius HUD isn't as bad as i remember it.

C U T E

certainly no match for 2.6 though

>no scg, edg, nmsg in title
Not gonna make it. That shit's required so people can search the catalog.

that was my attempt to bypass the spam error sorry

About to pick up SC again in hope that 3.0 actually happens. Why the fuck is there actual insurance on virtual space ships?

Why are the displays facing outward?

in case they get destroyed or stolen in game?

>Why the fuck is there actual insurance on virtual space ships?
So they can sell jpegs with lifetime insurance

It's just in-game insurance. It's so if you die in game you don't lose your ship.

That's kind of fucked. Like, really fucked.

the game would break if you could endlessly spawn ships
you'll try harder to protect your ship too

Why is that? Insurance can be bought with in-game currency.You can play the game without it and its basically hardcore mode.

That looks pretty comfy, not gonna lie. What do you actually do in nms? What's the gameplay? I've followed SC because I like space combat and comfy landscapes. Is NMS worth getting into while I wait?

You don't see a problem with "if you lose once without this insurance, you lose all progress"? That's going against basic vidya laws.

It's still at full price now, so pirate it until it goes on sale (there should be a gog installer floating around; latest version is 1.33)
And yeah, it's totally worth it. I find it to be the dominating game of the "big three" at the moment. Getting started and established can be a pain in the dick though. Just soldier on through the start.

But you don't lose everything. You just lose the ship you were flying at the time, if you even owned.

Also, what you say goes against vidya law is actually a more traditional approach, with game overs, and only goes against casual gamer "there are no consequences" bullshit. They've iterated multiple times insurance won't be burdensome, so it'll be your fault for dying without it.

They're not going to come take your entire bank account if you lose your ship without insurance. Also, don't be a retard who flies without insurance in any space game.

It makes players more involved in the risk/reward of what they do.
>he plays easy mode

You can also go back to your wreck if nobody's looted it yet, or track down where your stuff went if it was looted.

No star citizen isn't the first game to do this.Eve online has something similar.The concept of finite lives,ironman mode,hardcore mode has always been in vidya since forever.

>The concept of finite lives,ironman mode,hardcore mode has always been in vidya since forever.

Not saying they aren't. But in those you aren't punished with
A)Having a potential monetary investment lost due to lack of having insurance
B)The exclusivity of not having your jpeg/ship lost forever by paying a certain amount of monthly shekels

I agree with the casual filter thing and have no problem with a hard-mode esque style, but when real money is involved instead of say, in-game credits, it's a tad concerning.

robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/12820-Insurance-FAQ-And-Update
read it
you can use in-game credits

strawpoll.me/13775850

re-linking for anyone who didn't get in on the autism last thread, although this OP has already made the right decision

Are you stupid? Insurance is paid for with in game credits. Anything you see about insurance on the jpg sales is just them including it with your jpg.

Have there been any significant updates or interesting ATVs since like March? I've been out of the loop and don't feel like sifting through all of their jpg ads.

Fine, I'll buy your fucking game, Chris. But only because I like coke too.

Would monthly UEC payments still be required on the insurance they're selling with ships right now?

Is the length based on real time or game time?

Don't forget the completionist pack for only $20K!

These are my personal favorites.
Network segment from here
youtube.com/watch?v=L4m2nwn5wT8
this item 2.0 demonstration
youtube.com/watch?v=zIjBPqmOG-0
Picture in picture tech
youtube.com/watch?v=IZ4mou4OR4U
And the recent mobiglas showcase
youtube.com/watch?v=djT7zF2WQVo

I believe most of the ships they sell now come with like four months of insurance, because lifetime was too much of an advantage.

CR has said the clock will tick while you're using it; so it won't be burning out while you're not playing. We won't know until launch if they actually do this, as well as what happens if you have multiple ships. He's iterated multiple times he doesn't want it to be a hassle or annoying, just something to prevent suicide tactics/make death mean something.

I'm working on getting a living glass farm up and running so I can make enough money to buy a freighter, so I can start collecting ships. Then maybe I'll do the story.

This article is worth reading too.
imgur.com/a/WBYy8

Elite Feet when

someone who hasn't bought SC here;

around gamescom i've been hearing stuff of this 3.0 that's coming and read up on it a bit.

Is now the time to buy to actually play something? is this new beta going to let me do more than just look at my ship in a hangar?

No

Dont expect real gameplay this decade.

If SC ever comes out thats great and I will play the shit out of it and consider Chris Roberts my personal hero. But personally I think that at most they will cave into pressure and release a horrible unfinished abortion instead of what was promised.

For now you can only buy jpegs

>do more than just look at my ship in a hangar
You've been able to do more for a really long time. Right now there's online/offline dogfighting, racing, FPS, and an open area you can fly around in and explore.

>lifetime insurance
they don't sell that anymore
>$400 ship you can lose permanently
I seriously CANNOT wait for the whale tears.

they should fix the mechanics they already have instead of adding more

It'll be so great. I'm looking forward to it so much. Especially since a lot of them will be scrubs and get killed without the credits to make a claim.

What kind of rioting can be expected if 3.0 is revealed to be delayed on Friday?

the best part is going to be exposing their own hypocrisy.

>oh you're not buying a ship you're just supporting the game you silly gamers tee hee
>b-but I PAID for that ship! I BOUGHT it! G-g-give it BACK!

the audience will be completely dead until release

>basic vidya laws
Nearly every MMO made before WoW had some sort of actual loss on death. And even ED makes you either pay a "death tax" to get your actual ship back.

they've basically decided to nerf hull insurance to the point LTI is only going to be a slight bonus anyway.

The separate insurance for your ship's aftermarket upgrades and any cargo or gear you were carrying at the time is going to be the real gold sink.