/vn/ - Warplane Edition

Visual Novel General #1595

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/v1439
tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Subarashiki_Hibi:References
youtube.com/watch?v=hP5dD-iWnzI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How the fuck is this even relevant to vn?

how 'bout the weather, sure is crazy huh?

^_^

me and my cats

Don't sweat the small stuff

Should I start reading Dies Irae or wait for Subahibi?

HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

>No 18+ patch

wait

Does it have such a a big impact on the story?
If it's just sex scenes getting censored I don't mind unless I'm missing out on plot information

>HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT?
HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT?HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT??HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT???HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT?????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT??????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT???????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT????????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT?????????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT??????????HEY OP WHY DONT YOU USE A VN RELEVENT IMAGE INSTEAD OF UR FAVORITE WW2 PLANE FAGGOT??????????

It has if you're 12

You're actually a faggot OP

>still no Higurashi

Kancolle thread?

*teleports behind u*

nothing personnel, kid

*kills u*

Childhood friends are amazing!
Especially Sumika!

what did he mean by this

Childhood friends are for NTR

i saved this like a year ago but i have no idea where it is from. presuming it is shoujo ai and been digging through that on vndb with no luck. anyone know? please dont tell me it has no sexual content.

vn?

hey guys since this is the GSG thread, rate my kingdom XD

I've seen this CG posted a million times in /vn/, but it is pretty great

The variety of expressions is excellent

anyone else play this classic?

Victoria II is better than this shit. Also fuck off to your autism nest that is /gsg/

>Victoria II is better than this shit

Shit taste. Europa universalis is better than both your life's worth

>playing Liquoria 2
ahahahaha

fuck you OP go remake the thread ya cunt

What? There's no way that plane is relev-
>Protag is a dimension-hopping pilot.
I'll be damned, is the VN any good?

Go ahead and stick DLC up your arses, Paradox cocksuckers.

Captcha: revolucion bosques

>>Protag is a dimension-hopping pilot.
I'm mad he doesn't look and probably doesn't act like Ace goddamn Rimmer.

>Implying we don't pirate like you pirate your filthy EOP VNs

Don't get me wrong fellas, I like planes.
But I like lolis more, why not post some?

vndb.org/v1439
what the fuck are those cgs

i got you man

>TBA
Is this really going to be translated? why Front Wing is translating Subashit instead of this?

Every Paradox game should be pirated except Vicky II.
Having a shitton of DLCs is still bad and you know it. They shat the bad with EUIV. Let's stop here before we get banned.

Yep, comanche too

moshimoshi, is this the evn general?

Pretty sure most of the Frontwing TBA stuff is based on what their PR guy said during an AMA.
If I remember correctly, it was mentioned that they plan to translate some of their moege like Hatsumira and Yuki koi melt after they finish Island.

So this is the untranslated /vn/ general, right? Good to know. Posting best Hoshi Ori girl.

Goodnight /vn/ friends. I hope I and all of you dream the copypasta when you go to bed

Well, Hoshi Ori is getting a translation eventually
r-right?

In like 2019

Reposting to spread the joy of a new coming kamige

So the one of the biggest titles in VNs, subahibi is coming out in a few days now and it seems like the vast majority of people in this general do not know anything about it. Since I just finished it a day ago, I'm going to share with you some information

Required reading before reading subahibi:
The only thing that I would say is required would be Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand. This play is mentioned numerous times and some parts would be confusing if you didn't know anything about the play. It's short so you can knock it off in 3-5 hours. If you don't want to read it, then there are numerous uploads of the play on youtube that you can watch. It doesn't matter if you read/watch it in French or English since the VN uses the Japanese translated version of the play.
Some other titles that are recommended are The black swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Thinking fast and slow by Daniel Kahneman, and Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus by Ludwig Wittgenstein. These books are not really required to enjoy the VN as the concepts that SCA-JI uses are told in clear language that is very easy to understand. But if you would like to get a deeper understanding of the VN, I recommend reading through these at some point.

Here is also a list of the references the VN has that tlwiki has compiled. - tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Subarashiki_Hibi:References

As you can see this is a visual novel of true literary complexity so don't feel upset if you find it hard to grasp on your first read through. There may even be some of you who fail to comprehend it simply due to genetic limitations but don't let this deter you from reading as SubaHibe is truly a work of art even without 100% comprehension of its profound themes.

is it 18+ though

Even if Irru and co do pick it up don't expect Hoshi Ori to be even close to as quick as Hatsukoi was TL'd. Hoshi Ori (and Ginharu) are both VERY long compared to h1/1. Well, I suppose that's to be expected when every heroine has a full-length after story built into the game - for some reason tone work's quit doing appends after Hatsukoi so they built it all into the game. Considering they only release 1 game every 2 years, I suppose they put a lot of TLC into their VNs.

Pic related is what it looks like in Ginharu when you reach the after story of a girl's route. There's a short epilogue after this but it is very brief in comparison, maybe only ~5-10 mins worth. Ginharu also starts in middle school and stays that way for a large portion of the common route.

Now mind you, even though it says "Bethly School" it is referring to college. A lot of the after stories in Ginharu revolve around the couple leaving their friends/family behind for various reasons. Yuzuki wants to become a chef and apprentices in Italy, Bethly and MC go to college in Canada, etc etc.

I had heard Gin'iro was a huge game, but I hadn't heard the same about Hoshi Ori, is it really a similar length?

Nice repost from Reddit
You can't be more obvious than that shitposter-kun

Yeah, despite not having a middle school section Hoshi Ori is nearly as long as Ginharu. There's one route in particular that is notoriously long, I believe it comes in at around 400k words by itself. The shortest come in at "only" ~250k or so.

>no longer neet
>no time to read VNs
>non-existent backlog is now slowly growing
I-I'm freaking out here guys, my life as I know it is ending!

>I believe it comes in at around 400k words by itself.
What's the average word length for a route, for comparison's sake?

IIRC all of FSN is around a million words, or just above that.

My bad, it's around ~820k. Supposedly all of Grisaia no Kajitsu in english was over a million.

If they released Hoshi Ori, this decade, it will surely win the fantl of the decade award.

If it just remains Irru and Trip I would honestly be worried that they would burnout before finishing. Hoshi Ori is no Muramasa when it comes to dialogue but the length is crazy.

>One route in Hoshi Ori is about half the Length of F/SN.
Fuck me, now I want to read it just to see what they filled 400k words with.
That and the red head.

That red head has one of the longer routes, too.

fuck me im getting tired of these 'click until no more show up' captchas.

I LIKE LOLIS!

The best part is that tone work's listened to their fans and made the MC a lot better in Hoshi Ori. He's actually proactive and isn't just swept up by whatever the closest girl says at the moment.

>That red head has one of the longer routes, too.
I hope that's a good thing.

what's so good about lolis

I guess that depends if you like long comfy routes or not. Some people are turned off by the sheer length of HOYM/Ginharu so YMMV.

>Not going for the Runa x Kyou girl

youtube.com/watch?v=hP5dD-iWnzI

Yeah, I'm already amazed they released Hatsukoi that fast and the image was edited as well. Truly high quality release considering most will not go as far as editing the images.
Considering the length of Hoshi Ori and with only Irru and co doing it, it would be a miracle if they could release it within 2 years, so being worried for them being burned out is normal, after all, good people rarely comes by.

>Runa x Kyou girl
gimme

My only concern is that a long route means one of two things:
It's filled with lovely-dovey crap which I'm all for
or
It has some pointless melodrama that only dumb teenagers could create that lasts most of the route.
I really hope it's option one.

I hope you like cameras, cause she is like Kyou regarding pizzas in that manner.

It's Runa's VA I don't care. Seriously though, she looks good. Though Blue looks pretty nice as well.

Runa's the only one for me

Rikka is the only one that has "major" drama in her route, and that has to do with her pent up mother issues. But that drama has some nice payoff and it isn't anything too deep or cliche.

Thankfully tone work's decided to drop the whole 'one girl NTRs another girl in-game' schtick.

I want to fuck Eruruu

I want to fuck a loli.

Any VN about tanks?

Sorry dude, but I've been looking forward to Touko since before you guys started translating Hastukoi.
Natsuki will come second though
>Touko route is not plagued by retarded drama
This news has made my day, thank you user.

kys pedophile

I didn't say there was none, just that Touko's route doesn't have any major drama like Rikka does.

this pic is for you so i spoiler'd it nobody else can open it

That hair color and shading is damn fine.

here's the natsuki version

In terms of retarded drama, I'm more talking about stupid crap like I've heard about in the Yukino route.
Got nothing against drama in of itself, but when it's terrible it really brings everything else down.
I had that picture already, but thanks anyway user

Touko has over 31 pages of CGs on panda. That's a lot of h scenes.

>That's a lot of h scenes.
Are you sure its not a lot of h-scene? For a VN that probably has 20 hr routes I'd expect some lengthy fucking h-scenes.

I am aware, I went through them back when I assumed Hoshi Ori was a NEVER EVER title and that I couldn't learn Japanese

It varies. Some h-scenes are a lot longer than others, but they are all good. Although there's a few h-scenes that have weird mosaics that cause the vagina to look fuckhuge, but for the most part the artists did a great job.

Let me try to find a pic that has it so you can see what I'm talking aboot.

I wasn't really sure where to look in Hoshi Ori so I just grabbed the one I'm most familiar with, Bethly's ginormous vajoojoo from Ginharu:

exhentai.org/s/d84b766873/969937-259

>required reading
Didn't Kirby say that you don't actually need to read any of that bullshit to understand Subahibi?

>ywn walk your dog with your purrfect waifu

Sono Hanabira, and yes, there is H.