THE QUICK GUIDE TO WHY ETHEREUM

For those who are new to Ethereum and are curious about the distinctions between that technology and bitcoin, below is a quick primer courtesy of CryptoCompare:

1. In Ethereum the block time is set to 14 to 15 seconds compared to Bitcoins 10 minutes. This allows for faster transaction times. Ethereum does this by using the Ghost protocol.

2. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model than Bitcoin – Bitcoin block rewards halve every 4 years whilst Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.

3. Ethereum has a different method for costing transactions depending on their computational complexity, bandwidth use and storage needs. Bitcoin transactions compete equally with each other. This is called Gas in Ethereum and is limited per block whilst in Bitcoin, it is limited by the block size.

4. Ethereum has its own Turing complete internal code... a Turing-complete code means that given enough computing power and enough time... anything can be calculated. With Bitcoin, there is not this form of flexibility.

5. Ethereum was crowd funded whilst Bitcoin was released and early miners own most of the coins that will ever be mined. With Ethereum 50% of the coins will be owned by miners in year five.

6. Ethereum discourages centralised pool mining through its Ghost protocol rewarding stale blocks. There is no advantage to being in a pool in terms of block propagation.

7. Ethereum uses a memory hard hashing algorithm called Ethash that mitigates against the use of ASICS and encourages decentralised mining by individuals using their GPU’s.

Tl;dr
Buy in now, hold for a few months at least

Shits correcting, it's fucking in the middle of a bulltrap and you little niggers are still putting all your cuckcoins into this, atleast wait to the bear market you little greedy bastards, sincerly a eth trader.

Yeah but how can I buy without verifying my account? I don't want chinese or russian hackers getting my info.

all ETH purchased will be worth $1000 by years end

That would be nice since I have ethereum but that would be a market cap of nearly 100 billion dollars. Bitcoin realistically has market cap of 5 billion...

turing completeness means it is way more vulnerable

Correcting? There is no fucking correct value besides 0. There is no fucking underlying value. Having a fucking "share" of eth doesn't entitle you to some piece of a company's profit each year. Quit acting like this is a fucking stock. It's pogs. Go jerk off over your slammers.

how much eth can be mined per day or hour on a 1080gtx?

whattomine.com

1080 does about 25 mh/s in ethereum, which would result in about 0.05 eth per day. And yes 1080 is slower than 1070 at eth mining.

You can get Ethereum from coinbase or Kraken. Or buy bitcoins at localbitcoins.com and trade it for Ethereum on Poloniex.

You started off good then started shilling ether too much

>2. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model than Bitcoin – Bitcoin block rewards halve every 4 years whilst Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.

so you think you niggers can hype up the price to 1k per coin on some shit that will keep getting a higher market?

you niggas are retarded

>You can get Ethereum from coinbase or Kraken
both require ID even with direct debit

Coinbase is endorsed by wall street journal, I'd say its reliable

Oh yeah, you think people holding and trading ETH really think so? You know 52e was as high as it will ever go, its all down hill from here, people made their 2x,3x,4x and moved to another shitcoin. nobody cares about the tech

ETH is done and so are you if your still holding it

>2. Ethereum has a slightly different economic model than Bitcoin – Bitcoin block rewards halve every 4 years whilst Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.

this is completely untrue.

2. Inflation is built in to the code. Not only will inflation still be a thing, but it will be occurring like clockwork

Dafuq?

the only thing bitcoin halving does is make transactions more expensive.

dude just think about it a little if the economy grows and population grows any currency that does not grow with them in supply is deflationary. only way to keep a currency stable is to make it grow and shrink with the market.

now eth does not that of course nor will it truly follow economic growth rates but it's way better than shitty bitcoin algo for new coins.

i fucking hate eth btw but bitcoin is retarded on it's own way.

>t. monetarist cuck

it's just fucking practical to have a currency with relatively stable value. makes lending and loaning and planning more practical and stuff.

i hate inflation (the kind where money loses value) just as anyone else but that's not what we are talking about here.

So you're saying that all this backing from corporations and people on this board means nothing anymore just because it hit a natural correction? You don't have to be mad just because you own some other coin and can't afford to hop on this train. There's no reason to have loyalty to one coin.

>Ethereum releases the same amount of Ether each year ad infinitum.
What? How is this not scam if the production in a year is less than the "same amount of ether" generated evry year?