Think up a business model

>think up a business model
>start doing market research
>someone else is already doing it and is doing it well

How do I prevent myself from losing motivation when this keeps happening?

buy stock in the company that's doing it

what was it?

coke - pepsi
walgreens - cvs
benz - bmw
catch drift? sometimes its not the guy that goes to market first that is best, but the guy who copies model and does it better. ask apple, zuckerberg, etc.

you most likely do not have a single original idea in your head
>statistics

Nothing is original. Just do it and add your own spin, do it YOUR way.

A business already existing just means the business model works. They saved you a fuck-ton of work.

>think up
You didn't think it up. You read about it in passing somewhere, it got embedded in your mind and some times later your mind just claimed it as something original.

Competition is good. It proves there is a market for what you want to do. Just sell it better.

>Be pioneering company in a new industry/market
>All that R&D and misc expenses incurred
>Some fuck copies it and becomes more successful

Just fuck my shit up

what was it

Yeah it's a big redpill to swallow. One of my friends found a cheap way to make a popular new technology for a fraction of the cost. He's literally going to be a millionaire now in a matter of months.

Find their weakness
Exploit it

>How do I prevent myself from losing motivation when this keeps happening?
understand that 99.9999999% of successful businesses aren't new ideas.

> mfw

This is me lol

nice rp

I opened a witch shop with my gf and while marketing isn't our stronghold, we have made decent sale. How do we increase traffic? Do I drop 300 for a Facebook ads? Google? What do?

Tbh without a superior product or service a company can't grow past a certain point

you've clearly never been to a TGI Friday.

Just challenge your ideas this way:
- Is it easily replicable?
- Is another company susceptible to make my product.

In a nutshell, you should look for ideas that only you and your partners are able to do better than others, or environmental advantages and opportunities (good soil = make a farm, genius in programming = develope...)

Check Sarasvati about entrepreneurship, no memes.

>- Is another company susceptible to make my product
this is where he's stopping.
and you agree with him.

people that think this way are not cut out for business. In real life the 500,000th Chinese restaurant will probably make more money than the first.

you don't make money by being the first or only company selling your product. Or even the best or cheapest. That's how people that don't understand business think.

this. Superior branding can sell circles around a superior product.

Me every single time I have an idea.

Yes and no. But I get your point.

You are obviously right. The thing is, every business is bound to some parameters, restaurants abide by the rule of proximity.
But not all business do.

To compare this chinese restaurant to my thought process is to ask yourself these questions for instance:

- Is there any other chinese restaurant in the area?
- If yes do I have some key competetive advantage to make obvious that I am better?

I think my point is still valid but needs to be adapted to the ling of business you are doing.

you don't make money by being the first or only company selling your product. Or even the best or cheapest. That's how people that don't understand business think.

This line is very true.

looking it up to see if it's already done is a newbie business mistake. you should be more worried if no one else was doing it, because that means it might not be profitable.

>If yes do I have some key competetive advantage to make obvious that I am better?
this usually comes down to spending $100 a month more than the competition on advertising.

I don't believe it to be so true as I am a consumer myself and I care more about quality than in marketing.

That being said, being better in advertissement and communication is still being better...

>I am a consumer myself and I care more about quality than in marketing.
you aren't aware of the quality of products you've never heard of and you never will be.

Why in God's green earth would you not want a tested, efficient business model where somebody else has already made all the mistakes for you?

You will never become rich starting from square one. Not in this lifetime, anyway.

Well that is arguable actually, not all product share the same caracteristics, you also seem to forget that word-of-mouth is a way to get to know a product and that it definatly doesnt qualify as a '$100 a month more than the competition on advertising' effort.

I do fly fishing, I buy stuff fellow fishermen tested and let me try. I try all, find the best for me, then check the brand and model.

>not all product share the same caracteristics,
you are literally unaware of the characteristics of products you've never heard of.
>you also seem to forget that word-of-mouth is a way
it's extremely inefficient and just because you use it doesn't mean most others do.

Although the cost-effiency of word-of-mouth deserves to be argued about, I stand by my point as I have a solid counter example: one does not only get to know a product through the advertissment efforts. I would like to remind you that I never wrote that it was the only way.

I stay conviced that being aware of key success factors of the field is the first step to overwhelm your competitors, working on what make you better than them is crtitical to achieve it, would itbe advertising, quality product, costumer service and such...

>working on what make you better than them is crtitical to achieve it, would itbe advertising, quality product, costumer service and such...
sure, since you include my point in yours I have to agree with it.

in real life when people need to choose a carpet cleaning company they pick the one with the largest ad in the yellow pages or the slickest page on facebook.

looks matter way more than quality or service when all products have to meet a certain quality to legally exist. Price is a close second, but let's be honest, most people don't compare prices until after they've bought.

I must ask sources about this, I don't use common sense that much since last elections.

There are probably consumer behaviour differences depending of the customer segment and the type of product.

I can't really say you are wrong but I don't see any proof of what you are bringing forward.

Also, I work in the tourism industry and the nature of the product we tend to sell are very specific regarding the process of bying decision and post comsumption evalutation.

This. You're not the first one to think of a business idea OP, and you won't be the last. Welcome to the real world.

okay guys, I need to find a backer for my clothing company. the idea is nothing new but there isn't a huge competition, there's only like two stores that sell my niche. I know my company could be as big as forever 21 or others in a matter of years. the problem is I'm broke af and Im currently studying medicine in Mexico. what do? who do I reach for my Jewish idea? ps don't ask what niche it is, I don't want to get my stolen concept idea stolen

Clothing business is a crowded space with a fickle customer base. To be competitive you would need to mfg in a place with weak labor laws. I don't see how anyone not famous or clothing designer would get into that business

>tfw to dumb for business ideas
>tfw doomed to a life of wageslaving

Is there any redemption for the autistic?

Will a sub box be a perfect subscription

Perfect product *

that's the thing I researched and have three options of were to produce it. at first it was going to be in Mexico but thanks trump tarrifs are to high and now I'm thinking that I could outsource it to some American companies as it would be the same price if I were to do it here, plus bonus points the clothing will be made in Texas and would be 4chins approved.the third option is India or south America as they are cheaper and competitive. I just need one backer and I can pay the rest out of pocket or ask my rich friend for a loan. where do I find a backer?

>gas station where the gas is free
>paintball guns attached to the building, controlled remotely
>hooked up to a website where the users cover the cost of the gas plus a premium
>users get to shoot everyone trying to get gas

Oh the lawsuits!