VW dealership wants $297 for an oil change and "multi-point inspection"

> VW dealership wants $297 for an oil change and "multi-point inspection"
> Local independent VW mechanic wants $110 for the oil change

I'm starting to think I should just go to one of those quick lube places and not get ripped off by these VW jews. However, I'm paranoid about all the horror stories I've heard.

And no, I can't change it myself because no tools and I live in a condo.

I would probably stick to the independent, unless you don't care too much about your car. It's a VW, your situation was inevitable.

>I can't change it myself because no tools and I live in a condo.

Looks like you also have no friends nor a father figure.

No friends that have a driveway or have ever worked on their own cars. And father is 1000 kms away.

do it on the curb. Ive changed the oil on a VW and it honestly takes 5 minutes. They put the filter in retardedly easy places

>$300 for an oil change

top fucking kek

>work at costco
>$50 for an oil change
>work buddies doing the work
>know it is done correctly
>just drop it off at start of shift and collect it on my way out

Just go to the quick lube type place, buy the right amount of the correct oil yourself and filter, and watch them do the change. What's the scam you on then?

110 for a fucking oil change!?! Jesus. I do it myself with full synthetic for 30 and a can of sprite. While thats happening i inspect and clean the engine bay

Do your own oil for 30 dollars

Canadian tire does $9.99 oil changes if you buy your filter and oil from them, Walmart probably has a similar deal. Then deal with highschool students doing your oil change.

Shit I didn’t know that. I buy there anyway and change at home. Will get them to do it for that.

>Clean the engine bay

Dont do it nigga
Took my S2000 to a drive thru Valvoline oil change since i got lazy
Fast forward 4500 miles later
Drain bolt torqued by satan himself
No crush washer
Probably impact wrenched that shit on there, took me a whole afternoon to take the filter off even after stabbing it with a screwdriver.

That’s outrageous. The BMW dealership does mine for $80 with synthetic, a multipoint inspection, and wash and vacuum the car. Call some different dealers.

>80$ at BMW dealership
You either drive a 20+y/o car, a 114d, or live in Romania.

I drive a 2011 328xi in the US. The dealership offers coupons all the time for service discounts.

My oilchanges cost me about 30€, and that is already fully synthetic 5w40 with a Bosch filter and almost 2 L left to top up...

>on the curb
You don't even need to jack up the car.

I love dealership discounts. Last time I took my G37 in I paid like $11 for an oil change, inspection, and fluids check.

it helps to buy a car u r educated about.. those 3.2 engines were nightmares for oil changes

Do it yourself anyway faggot. Buy some ramps and the socket you need for the oil filter.

>And no, I can't change it myself because no tools and I live in a condo.
don't you have "rental workshops" (sorry for literal translation, don't know the proper english term) in your country?
over here, germany, you get a lift and basic hand tools for 10€/h really great for cityfags
and even cheaper than buying your own tools if you only do occasional maintenance

The odd thing is that the dealership was cheaper than the oil shops or the third party mechanics. The other shop I use for actual repairs charges $100 for an oil change with inspection but won’t clean the car.

>tfw when oil change for Hyundai at dealership is like $35
>tfw it comes with free "check literally everything"
>tfw free full sized fresh donuts and coffee while you wait

I thought Hyundai dedicated dealers would be cheaped out to fuck.

Op is regarded, it cost less than $100 last time I got an oil change done when I had a 2015 Jetta... this was at an upscale VW dealer as well. They mostly deal in Audi and Porsche.

$100 is a a lot but they also vacuumed my car and washed it along with an inspection.

OP, you are a liar.