Was The rice Era the best era?

Was The rice Era the best era?
I remmeber being a kid riding in my brothers riced up supra, lmao
I remember all the Drags i went to as a Teenager and everyone had riced as shit boxers, i couldnt even drive back then.

Somewhere along the lines, after maybe Tokyo drift in 2006-2007 i feel the world shifted into a different ERA, people started taking cars more seriously and RICING ur car was looked down upon even tho that shit was just for the LULZ, i vividly remember how riced up cars were, like my brother had suicide doors on a Evo 5, lmao,

Crazy painjob too, it was literally a PINK evo 5 with suicide doors, and he swapped it for some camero that his friend owned. i also remember people would let you ride in their car back than as a teenager, i remember going for many spins in strangers cars.

Idk if that shit can be done today, all the car meets ive been to are just standard bros, who keep it stock, the most they would do is put rims on their cars, or tinted windows lol, and lots of car meets are just show and tell, nobody does shit which is cool cause i know lots of carparks that used to get WREKT from car meets but thats what was fun.

What really changed the MOOD of the car scene and would that really ever come back, like people dont even candy paint their cars no more which use to be a big thing, hard to even see many BIG WINGS on cars, or decals and shit or neons at night

literally nobody does it, 2007 was literally the end of that era

Yeah, because having to wait for assholes spend 2 minutes I'm the burnout box, only to run a high 16 second quarter mile when I was trying to get my passes in.......

Agreed. I miss rice. Now we have stancefaggotry.
As much of a joke as rice was, it was never dangerous for other people on the road.

where did the whole camber gang low life thing come from it seems like these trends begin and end overnight

Nope, 90's dirt cheap 60-70s era muscle and cranking economy so everybody could afford the shit was.

it started when some VWfags went to a drift event and noticed the camber of the drift race cars, where the additional camber actually helps it.
They thought it was for looks and applied ot to Golfs and Jetta's and it caught on from there with each new tard to try it doing it more extreme.

i dont think stance will ever fade, the era we are in now has been a repetitive trend, look at video games

>call of duty Mw1 was released in 2007
the whole call of duty franchise is still using that trend, nothing is really changing

movies are using the same trend and plots,

Trap music took off in 2007 and is still using the same Trend, real hip hop died

The iphone 1 was released in 2007, and normies all got it

now everyone is on the internet, this is the trend we are stuck in this distention

You sound retarded. Not just your ideas, but the way you're expressing them.

1. You are completely ignorant of the car scene.
2. Ricer era sucked hard.

Muscle cars are shit tho.

The big change was that the ricer era was all about making your car stand out and be as different as possible based on all the work and effort you put in. Crazy body kits, paint jobs, lights all over the place, super loud exhaust ect, rice was about customizing your car and really making it yours.

Stance on the other hand is not only a shit ton of less effort, but is also about fitting in to this mold that they think is edgy and different. I've said it time and time again but stance will literally never go away simply due to how low effort it is. With something like 2500 bucks you can now post all over your social media sites, go to meets, call yourself a car guy, make videos ect and for the most part you will be meet only with thumbs ups from other stance kids. Drop 1k on coils and spend the rest on wheel, and afternoon later and you are now part of a huge scene and the best part? your car doesnt fucking matter, it could be the most boring fucking shitbox but if you slam it and put wheels on it you are good to go.

I don't think the actual rice was good. But the tuning back then was special. Everyone knew a guy that could hook you up, parts were relativity cheap while the aftermarket was pricey.

The way you capitalize entire words makes me think you're trying to speak in code or something. Is there a hidden message?

>Actually helps
>Posts pic with neutral camber
I shiggy diggy doo

>able to notice a few degree of camber on the back at that angle.
I think it's like 5-6 degrees the pro cars use. Not really noticeable at that angle

Yes, that's the point
Even actual drifters only use minimal amounts and mostly on the front wheels
That car in particular has modified caster and enough power to spin the rear regardless of camber

Hellaflush blog got popular and people shared the crap out of the pictures from it on car forums.

Wait till you get older and have seen trends come and go.

You have to be 18 to post here.

And thread/

Nope airfags had been doing it for years

Nah it was the worst because it was all about cosmetics and dumb rims and bozuko shit instead of performance mods

I suck cocks.

Learn your history.

I'm glad rice is dead. Tasteful mods are the inside bits

>remmeber
>lmao
>riced as shit boxers
>couldnt even drive
>i feel
>different ERA
>RICING ur car
>even tho
>LULZ
>, lmao,
>painjob
>literally
>camero
>idk ... , ... , ... , ... , ... , ... ,
>rims
>tinted windows lol
>WREKT
>MOOD
>dont even no more
>BIG WINGS
>literally
>literally

Dear god.

Something tells me OP is also nostalgic for his newfag days on Veeky Forums when he browsed /b/

2fast 2 furious was pretty cool op o was watching it again last night. Although out of all the shit in that movie my favorite is the Yenko Camaro

The rice era had the best japanese cars obviously.

I think cosmetic modification is fine as long as it pays some respect to actual racecars. I also think a crazy sound system can never be rice.

The fucking VORTEX

Rice Age documentary narrated by Werner Herzog when?

Best era GROUP B

the rice attitude its a holdover from the 90s
the 90s were relatively upbeat and happy times: the stock market was great, the internet was new and exciting, lots of money going around, pop music overload, bright colours everywhere and bubbly curves everywhere with bright lights

then 9/11 happened, the 90s spirit died literally in a single day, everything became wrapped in a layer of post ironic somber #yolo attitude, only fun allowed is sarcasm, and anything that's bright and poppy is seen as kitsch