/utg/ - Undertale general

Gotes and Girls Edition

Previous Timeline: Spoilers ahead, proceed at your own Frisk.

-The Game
>store.steampowered.com/app/391540/
>undertale.com/
>store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/undertale/cid=UP3893-CUSA08801_00-TFSHVCUTPS400084 On PS4 and Vita Now!
>fangamer.com/products/undertale-ps4-vita Physical and Collector's editions ship late September!

-The Demo
>undertale.com/demo/

-Artbook
>pastebin.com/1MRmU0Gk

-Booru
>under.booru.org/

-Recommendbin
>pastebin.com/fsqd5Sa6

-Writebin
>pastebin.com/UCr5qFpc

-Fangamebin
>pastebin.com/ZHASpj9h

-Steam Group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/undertalegen

-Flockdraw
>flockmod.com/undertale

-Zeemap
>zeemaps.com/map?group=1873782

-Shimejibin
>pastebin.com/YFEGhgxY

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8FZE6U0AAkHI-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8FZE3VoAAmHJB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH9WVvKUIAUjcaZ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DF-HHboU0AAp6nr.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8PYITXgAEKyoA.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH1sYk5UIAArR0I.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_Ik4OUIAQuFfB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7p6wpUAAE_mX9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-1JllV0AYQXWI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH6J6FuVoAA39yN.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAO29aVwAANM5D.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C9CTN1FV0AAvg-2.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIANIJYUAAE4uti.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGO_uQBUIAAMTXt.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-mUu2VoAEca0U.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_1XOxVoAAeSko.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH5fP0_VYAA9Uqe.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIA6zhrVYAABkcx.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAz5lCVoAA43xQ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAz5lDU0AAnQ6t.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH69AAuUwAAc2i8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH69fssUMAEOsO6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C83wM8TV0AAjCcI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C83waCuUAAAazzf.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8Da3vVYAURoV6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8CurNUwAAt_pb.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_dltoUwAAD8Q3.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-iDjTUMAA8peJ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7gcRHUAAAKRxd.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH6iSyNV0AA5rJ-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7RLJQVwAAFIQp.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAVlY6VoAEQ9K6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH5Y8tOVYAAZpUk.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7wHs6UQAAn5gi.jpg:orig
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAPtFRpuu8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for unusual goats

I like squatlord-draws' style

wat

I SAID I LIKE SQUATLORD-DRAWS' STYLE!!!

oh ok

>Mental image of Saturday morning cartoon.
>Monsters still trapped underground.
>On good terms with Frisk, who enters and leaves the underground at will every day to deliver mail.
>Weekly mischief from Flowey and his band of weed henchmen.

Undyne is always here to provide shark facts

>Papyrus does a safety lesson skit at the end of every episode

Kicking your favorite in the crotch!
Funny!!!

>weed henchmen.

It looks awful and gay

>trying to cunt punt Undyne
>she uses her strength to trap your foot in it

I like it too. It's weird at first, but it's consistent and it fits the characters.

The foot-in-cunt-breakies are only for the lizard

undyne's generous enough to share the cunt with everyone

Waaay ahead of you.

Why is she so perfect?

>Youn
>feisty
>energetic
>muscles
>Monstergirl

What's not to like

Dammit Chara

(Growth Spurt young Asriel a cute)

Why he don't got a neck

Probably the same reason his horns don't attatch when he grows up

She's in love with a fat nerd

>she finds the actual person more important than their looks

congratulations on making her sound even better

What if Tom Nook bought the Underground?

I can't believe Papyrus is the mysterious Jogboy! I was certain it was Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor.

Undyne will look sharp in her new raccoon skin hat.

I'm going to have non-consensual sexual intercourse with that fish

>Tom Nook sells Asgore a Barrier B Gone device on generous Credit
>Asgore has to start working for Tom Nook to pay it off
>Tom gets nasty when Asgore is late for work one day because there were some nice flowers.

Yes, but you won't be the one initiating it.

>implying you can rape her
>since when were you the one in control?

Man I feel like Sheer Heart Attack right now. Sans keeps knocking the shit out of me and I keep coming back. I'm probably just as annoying to him, too.

This is what happened when I made that joke

Ever since that last New Leaf update, Nook has been shown to be too powerful. The ability to sell your entire town, neighbors, upgrades and catalogue for millions of bells is astounding.`

>implying that's not my plan

That person has faked leaving many times. I'd post a cap but I'm not on my PC right now.

How would one even get raped by Undyne?

Aw.

She has to be in heat first

>Toriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8FZE6U0AAkHI-.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8FZE3VoAAmHJB.jpg:orig
>Asriel
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH9WVvKUIAUjcaZ.jpg:orig
>Flowey
pbs.twimg.com/media/DF-HHboU0AAp6nr.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8PYITXgAEKyoA.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH1sYk5UIAArR0I.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_Ik4OUIAQuFfB.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7p6wpUAAE_mX9.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-1JllV0AYQXWI.jpg:orig
>Frisk
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH6J6FuVoAA39yN.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAO29aVwAANM5D.jpg:orig
>sans
pbs.twimg.com/media/C9CTN1FV0AAvg-2.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIANIJYUAAE4uti.jpg:orig
>Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DGO_uQBUIAAMTXt.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-mUu2VoAEca0U.png:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_1XOxVoAAeSko.jpg:orig
>undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH5fP0_VYAA9Uqe.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIA6zhrVYAABkcx.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAz5lCVoAA43xQ.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAz5lDU0AAnQ6t.jpg:orig
>MTT
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH69AAuUwAAc2i8.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH69fssUMAEOsO6.jpg:orig
>skeletons
pbs.twimg.com/media/C83wM8TV0AAjCcI.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/C83waCuUAAAazzf.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8Da3vVYAURoV6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH8CurNUwAAt_pb.jpg:orig
>Humans
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH_dltoUwAAD8Q3.jpg:orig
>Gaster + River person
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH-iDjTUMAA8peJ.jpg:orig
>Undyne + Papyrus
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7gcRHUAAAKRxd.jpg:orig
>Asgore + Undyne
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH6iSyNV0AA5rJ-.jpg:orig
>Nicepants
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7RLJQVwAAFIQp.jpg:orig
>MTT + Napstablook
pbs.twimg.com/media/DIAVlY6VoAEQ9K6.jpg:orig
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH5Y8tOVYAAZpUk.jpg:orig
>kids
pbs.twimg.com/media/DH7wHs6UQAAn5gi.jpg:orig

She'll just use you as a dildo for Alphys like all the rest who tried

>Toriel
Oh my this has the potential to awaken several different things in people

Thanks Twitanon!

>knock knock
>The weird door-mouth lifts slightly, revealing a single, yellow eye, glaring at you from the darkness.
>"Undyne? Uhhh, you know wh-"
>The door-mouth slams open, an excited face greeting you, a smile of razor sharp teeth.
>The fish looks slightly disheveled, her hair in a mess and outfit hardly there, consisting of a oversized t-shirt and you hope some panties or something hidden underneath the shirt.
>"user! I'm so glad you're here! Please, come in!"
>You try to protest you are just trying to find Papyrus' scarf, but she practically lifts you into her house, and slams you onto the couch.

ho boi

It would seem to me that, while he cannot feel love again, the simple memory of love and all the positive feelings during TP ending would be enough to sustain a non-murdery attitude.
I mean, technically, he never murdered anyone that we know of in the true timeline, because every time he did, it got reset afterwards.

He can feel negative feelings, though, so I imagine his recent experiences have left him with an internal system whereby he now would feel bad if he were to act in an obviously violent manner.

His new goal is probably to begin the long road to obtaining enough fresh soul power to bring him back to being a goat. Whether he'll be allowed to, though, is another story, since that would involve him gaining immense power. Still, he only needs 6+a bunch of monster souls, so I'd estimate that he'll probably get enough in the next 80 years or so.

I think the funniest thing though would be the humans having such advanced magic/tech that once they find out Flowey is doing this they rope him in and tell him that it's trivial to fix his problem, meaning that he wasted like 20 years or however long.

DESU if you can extract determination, why can't you extract the other 6 soul flavors and also inject those into Flowey? Just like give him a shot of Kindness, nigga. Could have solved a whole lot of headaches.

Determination is probably not a soul flavor, and it's about cumulative soul power, not diversity of soul flavors.

Doesn't she have Alphys for that though

I get the feeling these kinds of conversations are pointless because the game is left very open-ended in regards what happens to him. So you have this mishmash of retarded, delusional and edgy handcanons which could all be true for all we know.

Considering what we went through to get our "happy ending" that kind of uncertainty really pisses me off.

The spider a cute! CUTE!!!

I never really thought about this until you said it just now:

If determination isn't a soul flavor, what does red signify, and why is Chara/Frisk the only one who can "change fate" (reverse time)?

It would seem to me that the coloration would signify the "dominant flavor", but any soul possesses a certain amount of everything.

But is she capable of catching birds?

Ball Game

Caretaker!

Chara screwed up big time. How will he ever recover?

Doing a cool and fun dance!
The baby spider trying to do the dance!
The baby spider slipping on her butt and webbing her pants!
Laughing at the baby spider!
The baby spider's butt hurting and being so embarrassed and crying!

And what does it take to win the game? (whether its getting the red flag or beating Sans)

Determination.

This is stupid. You're stupid. Stop posting.

So I'm assuming they told the goats in a timeline they later loaded and lost track.

So are they actually dying or is it more typical human mortality?

Like this youtube.com/watch?v=3ZAPtFRpuu8

Being yourself.

>If determination isn't a soul flavor, what does red signify
Probably one of these:
- Being yourself
- Love
- Ball game
>and why is Chara/Frisk the only one who can "change fate" (reverse time)?
They aren't. If you reset, Toriel mentions having a sense of deja vu with earlier humans, which means at least some of the six humans inbetween Chara and Frisk could reset. Flowey could also reset, using determination extracted from those six souls. Determination is just the thing that lets you reset, not a soul flavor.
Determination is not associated with the color red anywhere (not even in the genocide narration), but it is weakly associated with the color yellow.

As someone who beat it twice just to see the second Red flag, I can attest to that.

Eh. I think Perseverance and Patience fit better.

Yep. And Frisk is the one in control of the timeline.
Caught in his web of lies!

There was an Undyne/Papyrus phone call that said red was for love, but it might not be something to be taken seriously.

How is Perseverance not the same as Determination?

If a non-disturbed child fell instead of Chara and befriended the goats, do you think they would have agreed to donate their soul upon their natural death? Would the goats have proposed it?

I really doubt it was, otherwise L would stand for light sea foam green.

Perseverance means you keep going despite opposition and failure. Determination means fixation of purpose. They're related, but different.
Of course, in the case of Undertale, determination just means de-termination. Undoing termination. Reversing death.

I guess kayla-na isn't the only one who draws characters like Rayman

Aww yeah, lots of Floweys this time. Thanks dude! Even if the tied-up one is a bit too skeevy for me.

>determination just means de-termination. Undoing termination. Reversing death.
FUCK

I mean probably, yeah? I don't see why they wouldn't. If they were content to spend the rest of their lives living with anthropoid goat people in a hole in the ground they'd probably be willing to donate their soul to the cause of freeing monsterkind.

The different traits may summon determination in different ways, some more easier than other

Patience holding out for the right moment
Bravery not backing down
Integrity sticking to their principles even in adversity
Perseverance working at it constantly
Kindness wanting to protect something
Justice standing up for what is right
Winning at Ballgame

Maybe, but then there'd be no ambassador. The monsters would suddenly appear again and the humans will probably wage war again.

Dude, think about what you just said. If you assume red is determination, what the hell did Alphys take from the 6 previous souls, when none of them were red?

And "but it refused" describes the way the two halfs of Frisk's soul re-fuse. Merge back together.

"I am already a murderer. What more is a little almost-cannibalism?"
I mean if he is a goat-monster then eating goat-meat is like a human eating ape-meat or chimp-meat.

Perseverance and Patience. Determination for 100% completing the game and defeating Genocide and especially so with Perseverance and Determination for reaching True Genocide.
Meanwhile the True Paci timeline requires Perseverance, Kindness, and Justice.

Not as stupid as the baby spider will feel when I teach her wrong for the big math test and she gets an F! Then I'll yell at her for being so stupid and she'll feel so stupid and guilty!

>But it refused
>Re-fused
>Literally joined itself back together as if it never broke

Hey, user.
But it re-fused

He did cover that, in a very reasonable way. I do disagree with the rest.
>It would seem to me that the coloration would signify the "dominant flavor", but any soul possesses a certain amount of everything.

>and the humans will probably wage war again
I really don't think an ambassador means much. Because it's either a child or Papyrus. And I'm convinced choosing Papyrus kicks off WW3 in a couple of weeks

I honestly think this is one of those cases where you assume Toby is much smarter than he actually is.

How is this general active? Why is it active if it's a single player game? What is there left to discuss?

>True Genocide
You mean Soulless TP, or doing genocide twice? I wouldn't exactly call it "True Genocide" since it's the exact same as the genocide run with virtually no differences whatsoever.

You're messing with my melon here, guys.

>when none of them were red?

I still don't know how to feel about Toriel.

Replaying the game again has given me a more positive interpretation that stripped away all the fanon and characterfag bullshit but its still hard to ignore all the crap she pulls that the game expects you to just ignore in favor of shitting on Asgore. I don't know I still have some major issues with her that keep me from whole stop liking full stop like the rest of the cast who all have their flaws just thrown out in the open so its easier to judge them and easier for me to empathize with them. I don't hate her anymore since her Ruins stuff is pretty cute and good but I still don't know if I can quite say I like her now. Its weird that the character I get the most hung up on liking is the one that most people would agure is the most moral but I guess I can't help how I feel.

Also I forgot how good all the music in Undertale is, like damn, this game has an almost perfect soundtrack doesn't it?

Nah, Undertale is filled with similar crap. Toby Fox is the mastermind who brought us the bisicle (bi-popsicle, you can eat it twice), after all.
Loox Eyewalker is not just a looking, walking eye, but sounds like a certain other name.
Delta Rune is an anagram of Undertale.

It really depends on how cynical you want to be about it. Asking Frisk to be an ambassador is technically a good idea because having a human vouch for them upon returning to the surface world is a good plan of action, and even Papyrus isn't exactly a bad choice, considering how approachable he is. He might be a bit hard to take it, but it's fairly rare to find people who just outright hate him.

If you go with the ending, it doesn't seem like there were major issues with reintegrating and if you want to be extremely cynical, yes, it'd probably result in paranoia, armed conflict and murder eventually. If you apply real world logic all the time, it's doubtful the barrier would even exist, humans would have just exterminated monsters to the last speck of dust.

>What is there left to discuss?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. So you can either leave or start shitposting and making people miserable.

I would argue that the difference between Genocide and True Pacifist is that in genocide, you character has ONLY determination.

The difference between perseverance and determination is LOVE.
So they're completely right, only that Red means LOVE not love. Hence why Chara's name is at the bottom of the battle screen.

The more you reveal your motives the more pathetic you come off desu

And yet he doesn't even remember why he added Onionsan and sees no purpose to the character in general.

Don't fall into the trap of assuming everything is deeper than it really is.

I really dislike the theory that that's in any way a soul, because that requires the entire Underground to be functionally retarded. And pulling a "but they forgot because Gaster" doesn't make it any less dumb.

Yeah. I keep calling it True Genocide because you have to go True Pacifist after Genocide, which in turn causes a genocidal being to awaken on the Surface.
I've seen people still discussing StarCraft 1. Do not doubt how much people love to discuss a game they love or enjoy.

Chara's likely referring to regular mortality, judging by their expressions. Though it would be really cool if he was on the death clock if he doesn't kill Frisk quickly.

Speaking of which, if we assume only time in the underground is reset, then Chara's actually 100+ years old even though they're supposed to be 36.

She's a grieving woman who's made many mistakes because she's emotionally fragile.

>The difference between perseverance and determination is LOVE.
>So they're completely right, only that Red means LOVE not love. Hence why Chara's name is at the bottom of the battle screen

......what?

This is not actually deep, though. They're just shitty one-level puns.

>couch
Oh wait, let's make it a chair cause I'm dumb

>She doesn't waste anytime to make you comfortable, or atleast try
>"Soooo, can I get you anything? Tea?" she rushes her words, incapable of standing still
>you try to get a single word out, but she doesn't even give you a second
>"Nothing? Good, me too!"
>Suddenly, she hops on you, nearly crushing both you and the chair
>you notice your pants getting wet as she grinds on you like a rowdy dog.
>"user, Anonny... I could REALLY use your help." she moans, you don't know what a succubus sounds like, but if you had to guess, it was probably Undyne right now.
>However, you are not swayed so easily, mustering up the strength to refuse the giant fish woman literally on top of you.
>"Undyne, no." you respond firmly
>the way her expression changes drains all of the courage your poor soul had built up, reminding you of the first time you encountered her.