obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/5982051
youtube.com/watch?v=IcAZXEZQgRw
github.com/open-source-society/computer-science#curriculum
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bob Ross is the only good artist to have ever lived

Cones of vision are mostly working. Still gotta test rotations but I don't know why that would break, so that's probably fine as well!

Currently I'm trying to figure out how the AI is going to work. I think it would be best if the enemies kept a list of "suspicion zones", which are basically a point and a radius to investigate. I could keep that sorted, so they check out visual contact first, then audio contact, then something radioed in.

Enemies would then have strategies to contain a suspicion zone, like "guard the exits" or "go in and fight." Maybe I can even give every enemy different behaviors, so some are more rambo, and others aren't. That could be fun, right?

strawpoll.me/5982051

Control points now specify speed and a target to look at.

Why is level design even on there?

>not having a "all of the above" option

Everything but marketing is "game dev."

Marketing is technically not part of the development process, but it's just as important as any of those other things.

Seeing as how level design is the only thing on here that's specific to games, that one. Everything else is also gamedev but only sometimes.

Where is your game, literally insane shitposter? 3657. 3657 days now. You are Fully owned and Fully obsessed. Sign the card. :)

Asking again because I got no answers.
Please help an OpenGL newbie.
Simple small VBO used in multiple draw calls or one big VBO used in one draw call?

Oh no, "level design" is one of his trigger words.

I think it's always good to reduce OpenGL draw calls.

Some combat stuff coming up right now, because I'm in that head space. Level design has become a chore.

Two new moves for the sword set: the first alt-path heavy attack (XY) which is a diagonal knockback with a sword toss juggle. The fully charged move spawns additional swords to extend the juggle, but has a Smash property so it can't be used on dead enemies. All of the attacks have a bullet time window attached so you can shoot enemies who are caught in them.

Also, bringing back the classic Propeller move (from Mayhem League and also every DMC game ever) as the light-charge filler for the sword. Unlike the fist spins, it doesn't have a 360 hitbox and cannot be steered/moved around, but it has a wide frontal hitbox and is better at suspending enemies in midair.

Coming up, I'm considering adding unique Crouch Commands for the sword (and for every weapon class). Since Crouch+Jump (the rising launcher) and Crouch+Dash (the gap closer) are universal and also the most versatile/useful of the two, I don't mind swapping out the fists' grounded launcher and pull-in attacks for some separate situational ones for the sword.

holy shit that's great

Pretty damn amazing! Do you have a story in the works for your game? Also, you got a twitter or tumblr?

I wanna see gameplay with that gun in use.

Really cool stuff dude. If you can brush up the environment this has potential to make serious dosh imo.

I do have a story more or less laid out. I don't post progress anywhere but here and the /v/ threads, though.

Environments are always "in-progress" in terms of tweaks to textures, detail meshes, etc., but this is largely how I want the game to look.

>manage to get old gamemaker back to view dev files for the first time in ages
>take a look and quickly go back to actual project because it's irredeemable
Well that was fun, always interesting looking back at old things and comparing where you were vs now.

I'm pretty sure neither. You should be reducing draw calls so grouping some things together, but purposely making one draw call with a lot of overhead wouldn't be good either.

This is terrific, especially once you polish it

You can't make a good game in a broody and poor atmosphere; truth. Check my office, share yours.

You can play it yourself in the next demo day.

i am really really really slow this is ridiculous

Sweet, looking forward to that.

was this script automated

Have you played Dusk yet? Any thoughts on it?

>two handfuls of legos
>is a giant lounge
>no actual workstations
0/10

>I don't post progress anywhere but here and the /v/ threads, though.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound rude but do consider making something at least. Your game looks pretty cool and it would be a shame not to have something where people can check out all of your work. Just a thought. Anyway, keep up the good work.

way too big on the screen for that texture size

It's not far enough along to warrant any sort of "social presence", insofar as that's a thing. Too much is changing and not enough is ready to show.

Fleshing out a new area.

I guess I'll just generate a huge VBO for my level then and split it up later on if I see there is some reason to split it.
I'd assume the main reason to keep parts separate is if you need to change them.
Texturing sounds like a pain, but I assume I can load multiple textures and use them for the same VBO with GLSL tricks?

That's a good point. Good luck with your game.

Opinions.
Painkiller used models like this

Just give them to me.

Looks pretty smooth, what's the game about?

>progress20.webm
Where's 1-19?

No. The only "automation" was me making functions to do a bunch of things at once like drawing a block and applying all of its traits like collisions at once. Then I look at that code.

I like this, basing it on Chrono Trigger? That's the vibe I get from it.

painkiller is more detailed than that

texel to pixel ratios motherfuckers

jesus christ nigga hit enter sometimes
what's your actual project?

I've watched streams of the full episode, and it looks promising. Kinda wish I was at QuakeCon for their multiplayer reveal.

I use a VBO to store all of the vertices of my map, where a vertex includes position and UV coordinate. I also store polygons in an EBO (element buffer object), which holds the indices of vertices. At render time, I go through every face that isn't culled, bind its textures, specify the offset to its element indices, and call to glDrawElements.

I once tried to stitch all of my map's textures into a single atlas and offset the UVs in order to reduce glBindTexture calls, but this proved too difficult for me.

RPG with a mixture of action + turnbased combat. 1-19 are just older webms I posted here before.

The battle system and story focuses on time as well.

cuhrayzee/10, great stuff, user.

Oh ok, thank you for going through your process.
I'll try implementing something similar.
Are you using triangles or quads?

When did you realize no one cares about Rixels and just added them to your game?

Triangles. Last time I checked, GL_QUADS is deprecated.

>always interesting looking back at old things and comparing where you were vs now
Agreed. It's also always comforting looking back on old work and seeing how far you've come.

This is an animation of mine from 2015 when I first started animating. (lolforgot webm the first time)

Tell me something I should never do; gamedev related.

Oh so it is, I'm working with SFML so I keep seeing it in examples, but removing it makes sense.

a game

Just a mobile arcade game that I realized I could pick back up and finish in a couple of months just to get a finished project again, then probably move back onto PC for something more robust like other dropped projects. SLIGHTLY tempted to return to the platformer, but not in gamemaker, but that might kill some of the appeal if I had easy 3D tools

Oh, and now don't you have a bunch of crazy ones? Pretty sure I've seen more recent stuff.

left hand looks floaty when he cocks it back

Never show your game that you are afraid
they pick up on it and will never respect you

feel happiness

post in this thread

I work in the same room I sleep. It's incredibly messy around me all the time.
The one time I bothered to clean up around me and make it nice, I felt really good and development went well.

Don't dev after midnight or your code will get all floopy

>giving unsolicited advice on art that is clearly marked as 2 years old

Good job, user.

And here's the most recent thing I've finished that I can actually show. My Hell Let Loose anims turned out even better than this, but I can't show those quite yet.

Yeah I came a long way, when I did it back then it was for fun. Would've never guessed I'd be making a living from it, but here we are.

Gee, you don't say.
That entire animation is horrendous.

and after 2 years the left hand is still floaty when cocking the gun

He's using telekinesis.

large objects with multiple boxes of information now has a way of calculating its root and what adjacents are ok to path to now :)

you need more finger movement my dude. not too much more, but for FPS, fingers need to be spot on.

Here's a more recent Deagle set. Happy now?

That's not really the right attitude to have.

Tumblr isn't E3, it isn't a trailer, you don't have one shot to prove to the world how good your game is.
You post what you have, some people might choose not to follow you but others will. What you want is to have enough of a following so that when you do really want to get stuff out there, when you think it's good enough, that enough people actually see it to reblog/retweet your shit.
You can post the best webm as your first post but it won't mean anything if you have no followers.

Still floaty

Reminder that this is how Stardew first looked.
youtube.com/watch?v=IcAZXEZQgRw

>recode player character as special case of generic character
>turn code sections from player character into actor components valid with all characters of the same type
>now able to drag and drop features from player onto enemies and vice versa and it works perfectly

it basically still looks like that though?
I can't understand why people are so into this game. I played it about 30hrs and feel like that time was robbed from me.
t.
RF4 player

>why do people like this game
>plays for 30 hrs
>I still don't get it!

If you like a game, you play hundreds or thousands of hours.

no

would you rather he play for 10 minutes and form his opinion?

Amazing stuff but lower the wind-up time.

>RF4 player
>buying a harvest moon clone
Your fault.

>i feel like 30 hours was robbed from me
>i wish it was 100

You have reached game programming zen, enlightened one. Nothing beats reusable drag-and-drop functionality.

Do you think completing the OSSU curiculum before starting develloping is overkill or is it a good plan?

github.com/open-source-society/computer-science#curriculum

for long term, professional, career style dev,

The wind-up isn't as long as it seems, there's a slowdown effect on it.

It's the straight legit Harvest Moon spiritual sequel we never got.

Yeah yeah people mention Story of Seasons, but Seasons has no fucking actual like farm designing or intricacies besides ToT quality shit, and the NPCs are lifeless and the waifus are shit.

I also liked HM and AC, so I wanted to give it a good chance.

I've seen SoS played and yeah, it looks like another disappointment.

I just want RF5 but that won't ever happen so I'll just complain instead.

Behold.

THE WORST PUNCH ANIMATION IN THE WORLD!

>Juicing above art
>Juicing not having 0 votes.

he's right, the knuckes aren't contracting enough so it just looks like he has a really limp grip

Is the green in this level hurting your eyes agdg?

>tfw underestimated how long art takes to create
>tfw 1MA was a mistake

please go away you're making me ashamed of my own game

>I just want RF5 but that won't ever happen so I'll just complain instead.
make your own

A challenger appears ! Kind of. I think I need to raise the bitrate because this is fucking mushy.

Anyway here's some minor progress I spent too much time on. I needed some rig with an IK on the arms so I can point them at places and here it is. Without the "pointing at places" part, I haven't bothered with it yet.

Is that a motherfucking jojo reference?!

Meh, I don't do skinning so that's not my problem

No, it just hurts my soul.

>Green
>Ever hurting eyes

Dumb Bokuposter

aaaaaaaand I'm a retard.

ORA !
Everything is. If you want.

just record at a high bitrate then convert it with webm for retards which lets you set a maximum file size instead of having to pick the bitrate yourself

Here's a mockup of how health will look.

You deserved more (You)s for this, that bomb action is really juicy. Do a few more takes from different positions and combinations of bombs, and that's a trailer-worthy shot.

t. Someone who thought your game had no chance because of the art a half year ago

Looks pretty good, not sure about the color.

Is this when you've died?

can you make the transition a little bit smoother? Other than that, it's good.