Itt: Veeky Forums in the 1980s

itt: Veeky Forums in the 1980s

how do i mount my technic 1200s in the glove box of my 5.0

I don't care about these Nu wave crap or these new fangled jap heeps, I'm gonna keep listening to skynyrd and ripping fat ones in the parking lot.

this sexual beast

Looks like Veeky Forums today

Just except it fags. CARB is dead. EFI will take us back to the moon, end the conflict in Grenada, and save the planet.

I wouldn't expect all you rural and suburban retards who voted for Reagan to understand.

Why are modern cars so damn ugly, not to mention slower than hell.
Things will never be this good again. Mustang GT has a shitty microscopic engine that struggles to make more power than a base model 1970 Nova. A goddamn Corvette can't even make over 250 hp.
Glad I got a real car, 3/4 race cam 396 and embarrasses anything that comes out these days. Only yuppies who don't like cars buy any of these new pieces of shits.

>Mustang GT """""""""5.0""""""""""
>F O U R P O I N T N I N E

How will Fordfags ever recover

R31 GTS-R > FC3S

No shit, rotary engines are the dumbest things to ever be put into a car. Sounds like one of them weed whackers, goes through oil like a 50 year old piston engine, no power, and breaks down all the time.

The word is accept not except.
And did you mean the carburetor or did you mean CARB the California Air Resources Board? A carb and CARB are different things.

man, I sure do love driving by the World Trade Center buildings in my Pontiac

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT

This front wheel drive trend is going to die, isn't it?

All Formula 1 Cars and All 33 Cars at Indy are my favorite car makers.

>254MPH
Where were you when a souped up Corvette BTFO the entire world?

That ching chong shit is for fags. It'll fall apart in a few years and I'll still be winning races my Foxbody.

They don't even sell most of that scrap over here, they know it won't sell.

Corvette? Slow piece of junk. My AMC Pacer can out run it with a few tame modifications.

user, it was a meme with shortened words and misspelled ones. Why do you have to ruin the fun? Did your type exist in the 80's? or is this a new kind of a buzzkill.

10 point cage with Parachute, Mustang II front end, Fuel cell with -8 lines from tank to motor, 401 V8 Swap, two Holly 4 Barrel 1475 CFM Carbs, ford ninebolt rear, all making 400HP to the rear wheels. THE ONLY PLACE IT SHOULD EVER GO.

Hey guys just landed my first job at my dad's bank and I'm gonna get my first car soon. What should I get? Max budget is 30k

these gas prices are so expensive

this hurts

Adjusting for inflation, that's 2.80 USD/gal, assuming this was 1980.

>80s in the 80s
Not how it works
This

are you guys ready for the 86 rally, i can't wait to see how much crazier this can get

I'd take that, premium is 3.20 where I am and the fuckheads in Olympia want to add 10 cents on to that as well as a new pay-by-mile tax in Seattle all because cars are using less gas and the thought of losing tax revenue makes those vampires shake like a heroin addict.

God machine.

In the 80's most of you would have been driving 60's and 70's cars...

Aint this the cutest car??

Nobody in America had the internet to know what these were in the 1980's.

holy shit guys I can't wait to see how fucking awesome cars are going to be in the new millenium, have you seen the recent concepts?

I bet we won't have ugly fwd cuckboxes anymore, the future will be amazing

Just ordered my SC400 from the dealer. 35k out the door. How'd I do?

Just bought pic related, what am I in for? Will be using this as my DD

and making less hp/litre than a Model T

** 0 **

>1988
>890hp

Where are some good places to hide my bricks of cocaine lads???

Is cocaine a good material to build my car suspension with?

up your ass

If I put cocaine in the fuel tank will it make my car go faster? How do I prevent pedestrians from bogarting my exhaust fumes?

Volvo's descent into cuckoldry was the canary in the coal mine for Sweden.

No, use a protractor

bought a brand new Tempo lads, what am I in for

>power per liter
the ultimate poorfag straw grasp

Kek

This would have been an Veeky Forums shit box if we were posting in the 80s

MY POP UPS KEEP BREAKING FUCK THESE THINGS I WISH I HAD FIXED LIGHTS

And complaining about how "they don't make them like they used to".

I feel like that guy now..

Nice, I love my 91 Legend. Great-looking cars.

I'm sure that 20+ years in the future Acura and Lexus styling will be shit. Mark my words.

How do you guys like the paint job on my Pinto?

rad

I have a 99 "legend" (3.5RL) and I don't care at all for the beak grille thing acura has had on everything starting around this time and forever since

>No Z31

Shameful. They even came in red.

There's an '85 corvette for sale in my state that has the Sledgehammer body kit on it and they want 3800 for it, should I buy it?

That flammable sign on the back is a nice touch.

Nice troll, nigger

Hold the fuck up, what's that car on the left? I've never seen any concepts of it

fucking time travellers

Bump

Guys, I swear my best time on the mountain pass is so much better when im listening to this European Electronic Music, I Started listening to it after the guy I bought/Imported my RX7 Fc from Recommended it to me. Pic related is my car, it slides a bit in the back but if I work it right It also helps my time(?)

Completely valid criticism.

>eastern europeans stole my car with a screwdriver and a wirehanger again
third time this week lads

Should i do it Veeky Forums? Its only a few years old and gets amazing gas mileage. I can't do another $400 60s shitbox

What is the best truck for hauling all the cocaine I got lads

Yeah, aren't Yelo the best?

mfw I actually have their LP's since way back then

This will do it. It wont break the bank and you can buy more cocaine

They have t.v. dumbass commie

This is the electric sports car. The future is now. Internal combustion engines are outdated and smoggy we should swap our carbs for new rechargable nickle battery technology

>fwd
>nazi garbage
>made out of tin cans and rejected beetle components
About as smart as ol' senile reggie in DC.

REEEE Fucking Chad and his truck! I got nearly ran off the road by one of these fuckers yesterday while cruising in my comfy 60s shitbox. When will these abominations become illegal?

>electric beetle

The autism is strong with this one.

God machine reporting in

Why would anyone buy an 86? They are so slow.

What are car magazines?

that's kind of like how half the current cars look like pic related

This is the only post that would be out of place in another Veeky Forums thread, but only because of the picture

It was definitely spaghetti pockets for them. Good engine though. I’ve been enjoying my 302 rebuild.

He’s not wrong.

It’s an unpopular opinion on Veeky Forums but I don’t really like pop ups

Pop up headlights are jap bullshit. They will be gone in the future

Get into character or GTFO

>They will be gone in the future
That's of weird way of saying that popups are the future, I bet you by 2000 every new car will have them.

got this for $1200 US, like your home deck it can skip tracks.
saving for the CD player one as well.

I know these western washington gas feels

We learned our lesson. My 68 mercury cougar hide away headlights never work and the japs will never get theirs to work either

Every single one of those is cool, other than the gay ass porsches

guys, did you hear? mazda is making a new roofless sport car
what is this? the 60s?
it won't have much success i think especially since there are cars like mr2 on the market already

CRAZY PEOPLE EVERYWHERE
I DON'T BUY IT, I DON'T CARE

>not having a CD player
>being this poor

I just ordered the coolest car of the decade. Sure, I had to pay above list price to get it, but it'll be worth it.

>stainless body
>sexy lines
>great fuel economy
>cool doors
>Lotus suspension
>same stylist as the top-dollar sports cars

Sure, they're a new company, but under the brilliant leadership of John Z. DeLorean; the man who was too good for GM, there's no way they can fail.

Still is missing 3erd gen lude and accord.

>trusting a bunch of pikeys to make a sports cars

The man made my 1968 firebird pic related. I think Delorean will do great things without GM chaining him down