What's the best credit card to get?

What's the best credit card to get?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/TheBeatTheBush
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There isn't really a universal best card, I have multiple depending on what I'm buying. If it's gas for example I'll use the card that gets me the most cash back for that.

Alternatively you can use a bunch of cards from Chase for example and convert your points back for say air miles as that's usually the most bang for your buck. I get reimbursed for all my work related purchases (which I put on my rewards cards) from my employer so that's usually what I do since I travel frequently.

None if this matters though if you can't handle paying off your card in FULL every month.

My only expenses are rent, utilities, and groceries. I pay off my card in full every month without fail. Do you know which card is best for this?

I assume rent would never come under any of the "cycling" cards with high returns on specific purchase categories, so a card with a high general cash back is probably best for me?

You're best bet would be the Discover IT (think that's the name.) You get 1% back at purchase and 1% back when you pay. Just google it.

Also go to nerdwallet.com, pretty good site for comparing cards.

Actually I'm wrong just looked at my mail. It's the Citi DoubleCash I was talking about.

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday. You get 3% cash back on groceries. If you plan on spending more than $3167 on groceries per year, get the Preferred version for 6% cash back at grocery stores. If you really wanted to, you could plan on always buying gas station gift cards to effectively get 6% off of gasoline, as well. Note that this 6% deal stops after $6,000/yr spent at supermarkets.

For other purchases, you could get a Citi Double-cash for effectively 2% off everything.

This Youtuber does videos on credit cards:
youtube.com/user/TheBeatTheBush

There is a best card but it had a promo you missed. Chase sapphire reserve.

450$ annual fee
300$ annual credit to travel
1500$ points sign up bonus
3% points on dining and travel
1.5x multiplier on your points for travel
Airport lounge access
Reimbursed global entry fee

Basically everything else is for peasants

Discover is more limited. I would recommend the chase double cash if you can get it. Same deal, but you get a free monthly FICO score and you can make virtual pin numbers.

On a related note, what's /b/'s credit score?
Pic related: mine

651. Trashed by student loan debt, since I couldn't pay it off so the imbalance from the loan principal and the actual while in school are hammering it. But I dont really have a full time job yet. Teacher come next year. Working on licensure and graduating now.

>450$ annual fee
Stop reading right there. Any card that makes you pay for perks is a sucker's play. Can you make up the annual fee with benefits? Sure, if you spend a ton of money on a bunch of very specific stuff.

You shouldn't be a slave to your card's points system.

mfw i have no idea because im 20 and have only had a card under my parents' account
some websites say credit cant be built like that
other say it's a good way to start building at a young age
regardless, the cards are payed off in full every month

Get 1800, spend 450
Plus other benefits

Literally the definition of spending money to make money

What did you do?

>Literally the definition of spending money to make money
And this is why they make money on suckers like you. You add up all the "potential" benefits and assume you'll get them all, every year ... regardless of what you have to spend or buy or what hoops you have to jump through. You're a slave to your card. Instead of using it to buy what you want, you're forced to buy what they want you to buy.

~740
no idea how
I have 15k in student loans, 0% utilization on like 6k of credit on my own cards, and ~50% utilization on 20k of credit on my dad's cards

Hmm, thinking of going back into consulting, maybe I should get this.

Spend 4k in first 3 months which I already do. Spend money on travel which I already do and want to do more.

No ones going to deposit money into your bank account for no effort, but if you play the game and cancel the card after one year it's a great deal.

> Multiple bills I never paid
> Student loan current amount greater than amount loaned out

I don't understand how people have bad credit.

Again, this is how they make money off morons:
>Spend 4k in first 3 months which I already do
So you claim, but that's pretty unlikely. So now you're forced to artificially increase your spending in order to chase the benefit (not to mention you paid almost $500 out of pocket).
>Spend money on travel which I already do and want to do more.
Yes, I'm sure you're just on the verge of becoming a jet-setting world traveller and this credit card just happens to coincide with this major change in your lifestyle. Delusion much?
>No ones going to deposit money into your bank account for no effort, but if you play the game
Finally a semi-intelligent statement of fact. At least you recognize that you're a pawn playing their game -- and paying cash for the privilege. Why, especially when other cards exist that reward you for living your life without becoming beholden to the games and rules of some bank?

I got an offer in the mail for $500 dollars worth of points for spending $3000. I was paying for summer classes for college. Downgraded the card a few months later to avoid the annual fee.

Quit sounding like such a faggot, most people yes will fall for this shit as you say but it's not some Herculean feet you make out it to be. You about to start talking about Jews too?

>be 810ish
>pay off student loans
>score starts dropping
>now 780ish
>"your installment accounts are too old"
credit is a racket

>Herculean feet
This tells me everything I need to know about you and your financial intelligence.

Semi-related post, is there any kind of global card that would charge the same fees no matter what country you use it in? Doesn't have to be a 'murican issued card.

Most U.S. credit cards can be used internationally without too much problem. You might find some backwater places that don't accept them, but any civilized nation will accept Visa and American Express. Any transactions you charge are recorded in the local currency, and then converted by your card company at the current exchange rate and appear on your statement in dollars. You can even use them in local ATMs to get local currency without needing to convert paper dollars or travellers checks. And, believe it or not, the exchange rates are actually pretty good ... better than you'll get a local currency exchanges and possibly even better than you get at local banks.

The gotcha is that most cards charge a foreign currency fee for every transaction not in dollars. These fees can add up. You'll have to search a bit for cards that don't include this fee, and a lot of them are the "premium" cards that have hefty annual fees. Without doing any research I can only name one free card that has no foreign transactions fees because I happen to have it: the Amazon Prime Visa.

Because you can't attack the point?

I saved $500 dollars spending money I had to spend for school.

No need to be a prick when you're wrong.

Pardon me if I choose not to take financial advice from someone too stupid to know the difference between the word "feet" and "feat." I'm a prick to you because you're an ignorant faggot, and because this is Veeky Forums and we don't suffer fools. Sorry you got sand in your vagina, but reddit is just a click away if you can't handle being corrected by someone smarter and more informed.

>/b/