I have not been on Veeky Forums for years. Anyone else here do any sort fabrication worth noting...

I have not been on Veeky Forums for years. Anyone else here do any sort fabrication worth noting? Or is the bulk of it angry eyes and calling people cucks?

I am shit at welding. Whats the best way to learn

Who the fuck cares, buy a civic for 3k you cuckfag.

Be not-shit at welding

Put some old rear ends in your truck and vaguely suggest you are somehow good at fabrication in an Veeky Forums post

I made a thing once

I'm a fitter by trade and do heaps of fabbing related to turbos but I don't like turbos and the urge to take photos is rarely there. I did take photos of this little job though because it was off a Lancia Fulvia HF.

Should I post a pic of some torched coils? Or electrical tape X's on my headlights instead?

Post a pic of you welding so we know it's you doing the work. Pic related, me laying down a stack of dimes.

Ok, a couple times

Jesus christ... I don't even want to know what gets into the heads of some of these budget lowered car idiots...

How do you stand back at the end of the day and think "Damn, I do good work."?

I'm no good at welding tho

Rome wasn't built in a day. Here's a fab job I did on a $300k car. May just look like 1 bend and one tacked in captive nut, but allow me to quote Antoine de Saint-Exupery "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." Could I weld 30 prefab tabs onto a Dana 60? Sure. It takes a fabrication genius to come up with the simplest, most elegant solution to do the job.

>How do you stand back at the end of the day and think "Damn, I do good work."?
Because you charged clueless idiots tens of thousands of dollars to irreversibly modify classic Porsches to be slower and infinitely more gaudy.

Yeah I just need to spend some time on it. I just have a crappy Lincoln wire feed and the available adjustments are pretty lackluster. Just wire speed, 1/2 for heat and 1/2 for power.

Can it use gas or is it flux core only? If you really want to hone your welding chops get an oxy acetylene torch, tough to weld with but will give you the best possible feel for heat/speed, plus it's cheap and you can cut/heat up metal with it, good thing to have.

>Or is the bulk of it angry eyes and calling people cucks?

I don't know who drug that term up from obscurity to be used again, but I hope they die in a fire, It's the worst thing to happen to the internet in the last 2 years. I'd be all for Ajit killing net neutrality if it blocked every post with the word cuck in it.

this is like the shittiest gokart ever made. amazing

>no gloves, mask, safety gear of any kind
>some of the worst welds i've ever seen

For the love of god man if you think you're good go seek professional psychological help.

>get scrap steel
>practice sticking them together
I can but in my shit hole cuntry anything fabbed other than an exhaust needs an engineer to wank over it before you can put in a car.

>safety gear
Lmao

That's a Youtube video.

>getting to work on a fulvia
fucking mad jealous, fuck

>4 years later
>still posting that fucking kart