Paying more than $2000 on a car

>paying more than $2000 on a car
Who actually does this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/M6K_5MOHMbg
collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-mustang-gt/6487344435.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

People who aren't poor.

15k i feel is appropriate for a new car, 7k max for used, you can find some gems for 2k but most 2k cars are gonna be shit

>being this much of a poorfag that he has to justify his shit purchase

>buy 20k car
>spend 100k making it better
>it is now 100x better than a 120k car

who's the poorfag now?

Paid $36k for a nice used car, and it was a fair price.

>not paying in full outright for the car

Honestly if you can't afford the car, you don't deserve it either.

>Look at me I'm being retarded
>But it's totallllyyyyy on purpose

What 3rd world country are you in?
You literally can't get anything for 15k, just shitboxes; Fiesta, Mirage, etc

Post you $2K shitboxes

>being this much of a dumb debt ridden spenthrifty idiot

How much do you spend on parts/maintenance a year?

Looks nice for 2K. Every single Panther I find for that cheap looks like it's been driven into the ground three times over.

I bought a $2k '99 Benz C230 with the supercharger... the problem with these cheap cars is you can't justify fixing them sometimes. This one needs a new MAF and pitman arm, and I can't see myself spending the money to do it vs. buying something a bit better now.

I paid in cash, poorfag.
Get a job.

You have to look for the right deals. Bide your time. Look for old people selling their cars that need some work. Car enthusiasts who cared for them looking to get something new.

I have two more $2k shitboxes stacked up at my parents ranch. I like to keep three of them on hand at any given time. If one goes down, I drive the other. Fix that one when I have time. Rinse, lather, repeat. Fuck car payments.

>I got a great deal on this used car.
>I am so lucky.

youtu.be/M6K_5MOHMbg

I'm not in debt though.

Um, Ferrari owners?

>He spends more than $2k on his Itallian sports cars
Get a load of you.

Thanks user. Interior is just as clean. No cracks in the leather, dash is near perfect. Paint is going to shit in some areas because it was an Arizona car but whatever. Bought it for $2k, put another grand into. Air suspension, tires, alternator, fluid flushes, etc. Did the jmod to the transmission. It's an lx sport with 3.27 gears so it likes to chirp tires on shifts.

Buying German cars is not ideal for cheap shitbox territory. They usually require a lot of expensive parts being replaced.

>"""financing""" a car
>anything but outright buying it
Yeah let me just finance my fucking frudge too, and my PC, and my TV, and my clothing.
Woops cant forget i gotta finance my furniture too, god forbid someone thinks i PAY for things

Why are americans so happy to let people jew them over in the name of profits?
Is it just be promise of a "me get larger thing than neighbor, me must be very successful!"?

but it's true though, imagine what spending 100k on a used wrangler could get you..Literally Rolls-Royce phantom ride, Veyron performance, and Monster truck off-road capabilities.

Have one last pity (You)

I have a $5k car you cant find anything good at $2k

>not getting car for free but paying 30 bucks a month untill it becomes roadworthy
fucking normies.

I might drive a $575 Lambo, but cheap Ferraris are just death.

Yikes friend, hope you don't drive people around, but I don't think that'll be a problem for you because I have a feeling you have no friends or family.

So keep that beater sweetie :)

Financing my car on 17k loan, payments are 280 a month.

How much of a poorfag are you that you can't afford a $280 car payment and a $170 insurance payment?

do not tell me how to live my life user

t. Roastie
Only a real chad would drive something like that, as he simply does not care what others think.
Nice rear tires. You should make them all like that.

Top kek. I love seeing you somehow throw every thread for a loop with that fucking death machine.

yaris, fit? ya dingus stop buying trash

I paid $2k for this a couple of years ago. I miss it. :(

I bought ~1,3K C200 with supercharger, Italian special 141 kw. Shits cash with its funky sport package, manual gearbox and whiny rear diff.
All BMWs are dead, VW group was out of question and found this little gem.
Too bad i didnt found any Saab 93s.

Paid $1900 for this, but had to get new tires. Only 121k miles though.

Your car always reminds me of this

when will he die lads, he can't keep getting away with it

$1k rustbucket, 91k miles. If you kick the floor just right you can get a few lbs of weight reduction too.

$15K on a new car? Am I limited to shitty 3 cylinder hatchbacks? $25K should be the minimum budget before you start considering new cars.

Unfortunately you are correct. This is the reason I will never buy new.

i concur

sucks to have to worry about money

Will he get his 666th heart transplant? When will the world finally be freed from this kike?

Why yes, that is front end damage and an unpainted replacement front bumper cover.

It makes it very identifiable when telling people what to look for when I go pick them up.

What kike is this?

No shame in that. Wear that unpainted bumper skirt like the thrify shitbox badge of honor that it is.

>awaiting the day that my shitbox sheds the garlands of it's remaining clearcoat
>so that I may graciously rejoice in its coming of age
>it shall proudly bear the scars of decades of sun beating down upon it
>but inside it shall remain carefully preserved and surgically clean

I have come to acquire this taste over the years.

Soros, public enemy no.1

>what third world shithole do you live in?
Texas

ITT poorfag soyboys who can't make a commitment. I own 2 shit boxes and finance a new car. Your a nigger if you can't get 0% financing.

>the problem with these cheap cars is you can't justify fixing them sometimes.
This. If a car isn't worth much, for the most part, it's not worth fixing the serious problems that will pop up, and that's something that keeps a lot of people much poorer than they need to be. I know way too many people who do things like spend over 2 grand replacing a transmission or doing head gasket repairs on cars that are worth less than that.

me
i wanted a fucking gtr ok

Financing can be 3 months. I financed a mattress instead of paying $1000 in one shot. And I actually had $1000 cash. But this particular store financed interest free, so I said why not spread it out.

That being said... I generally agree with you. I buy little $10-20 purchases with credit.
But only to build my score and history for financing big purchases and for apartments and etc. 99.9% of stuff I buy is debit or cash.

My first car I bought outright for $3000. It needed about $1500 in work over the next year. *Which is totally normal, and should be included in your calculation of a new car.* My second and most recent car, I was a bit older and had good credit, so I financed. Car was $10k and I got a $3k third party warranty that covers everything and lasts 4 years. (Because the standard b.s. dealership warranty was like $2k and only 12 months.)

So about $13k total. I plan to pay it off in under 2 years. Including tax refund, I'm doing well. And again, I pay nothing for repairs. Warranties overall are underrated as fuck. You can even go to a dealership and they'll give you a badass loaner car while they're fixing yours. ALL FOR FREE.

I feel like repairs are more of a bitch than the car price. So i'd say find a car you like, make sure that model year can be covered by a third party warranty, and if it can, get that car

Wow, I didn't know it snowed in Australia! I always that place was a scorched wasteland.

This is actually pretty based

Seems like anything that is $2K is going to have like 180K miles on it and have some serious flaw.

180K, most likely. Horrible flaws, possibly, but a lot of the time, no.

people who don't want to spend another $2k in repairs every few months

>a 5 year loan on 17k
user youre the real poorfag.

Industry standard loan of 5 year period is poor? 2.39% interest rate my nigga. Stay mad while I chill in my fresh car.

>have enough money to buy a car outright in cash
>dealership offers low apr
>invest money with much higher returns than the apr
Idiots will be idiots with their money regardless of how they pay

Never take advice regarding finances from this guy

Highly doubt that thing has only 91k, but I guess for $1k it doesn't really matter.

>financing apr is 0.6% while my typical investments yield between 5-10%
Buying in cash for a depreciating asset is retarded

Same, I looked for ages for a $4k E30 that wasn't shit and eventually settled on a really nice one for $7k.

Its true. It was used as a snow plow/salt spreader that started nickel and diming the previous(second) owner, he probably sank $2k into small repairs, then his first time plowing the transmission linkage broke, he got so pissed off he pulled off the plow/salt spreader and sold the truck. It turns out that the linkage was fine, but the cab mounts actually collapsed and pulled on the wiring harness where it broke a solenoid, still not a big deal.

Should I get this?

collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/d/98-mustang-gt/6487344435.html

I spent $2,500.00 on pic related because I'm not poor.

Mpg and 0-60 time please

This is a $500.00 car.

>be me
>live in uk
>faggot on /o shits on people for spending over 2k on a car
>mfw it cost me more than that to become a registered driver
>mfw I’m still british

You don't buy a Rolls Royce for either of those things. MPG is poor and 0-60 is slow.

Here's a $1,000.00 car.

This one is $750.00

The blue and white one was $2,100.

And this was a free car which I now have $400.00 in.

fuck man i really love those Lincoln Marks

>Not having good credit
>Not putting down good down payments
>Not getting 0% for 60+ months

I paid ZERO interest on a 28k well equipped new optima over 4 years. Why would you not finance if it costs you nothing?

The best example in the fleet. I paid roughly $4.00; but I've stuck several thousand into it.

Get one while they're still cheap; you won't regret it.

when you wan something that is not a civic or corolla

someday man..

Where the fuck did you get a delorean for 4 dollars

A combination of pissing off the right people, a crappy flood-damaged car, a pissed-off wife, and some idiots on TV.

>tfw bought a Yaris 5spd, 40kmiles in 2016
>Can't drive it because dealer hasn't given me the title or plates
>state DMV said dealer is doing nothing wrong

Fucking trash dealers