Why is it that, despite their performance and styling, modern supercars seem to be getting less and less exotic?

Why is it that, despite their performance and styling, modern supercars seem to be getting less and less exotic?

because you're getting older and more realistic

Nothing excites you anymore as it used to. You're growing old.

define "exotic"

they all look the same

it's all been done.
until we have some major developments in engine/power train technology, like replacing ICE with a plasma drive or some shit, its all going to be a continued re-hashing of the dame old same old. high performance cars a over-rated anyways. they don't have much utility in the real world of daily living

i know, it's weird. i used to like big boobs. but now i prefer DFC

Something like the F40; literally a completely radical way of designing a car rather than generic alcantara, carbon fibre, infotainment and driving aids.

It's not just that though. A rare RX7 or R34 seems wayyyyy more exciting to me than a bazillion dollar hypercar. Maybe it's because the hypercar market is so flooded and they're a dime a dozen now.

Increased media exposure and access to the internet. Before, supercars were mythical things you talked about with your friends. And now every youtube channel or tv show worth a damn has coverage and the internet makes it trivial to compare laptimes or raw specs

Similarly, the "normal" sports car has evolved to such a degree that the line has been blurred. When you can spend $45k on a 1LE Camaro and go faster around the track than a $275k Ferrari 458, not to mention every single older supercar, it definitely makes things less impressive.

because based on cheaper mechanicals to save on manufacturing costs.

in the old days supercars/luxury cars were designed from the ground up. now cheaper and easier to base it on a existing platform. but they all have lost their soul. they dont feel special.

Big boobs in hentai are so overexaggerated in hentai that they're a turn off for me. The only 3d chicks with real tits that big are 300lbs

because performance has plateaued, just like cell phones. it's all marketing and gimmicks to con people into buying the latest and greatest

the only real tech advances seem to be in antonymous driving

i mean wasn't a 993 porsche turbo doing 0-60 in 3.3 seconds? that was over 20 fucking years ago

you can look at them and their arab/chinese-american owners on instagram, so the magic is gone.

I think it’s due to YouTube and Instagram. I started losing my lust and excitement for them shortly after watching ecelebs like Chris Guzman coming home with Hurricans. Also the popularity of wraps is turning supercars niggertier

1) because a lot of things that were only relegated to super expensive cars are now in common cars. you've got mind blowing performance and great interiors and it makes the "supercar" just look pointless

2) the supercar manufacturers hurt their brands by going too far after subhuman money. every rich arab/chink/etc has one and they drive them all over the streets. i associate most of these cars with rich 25 year old brown people with no jobs.

No thats just your shitty confirmation bias

Underrated

The LS engine really did a number on high performance italian wedges.

performance is merely marginally better than it was in the 90s, certainly not something any normies can take advantage of. the big differences seem to be chink LCD dash and centre consoles and LED tail lamps. and high-teck key fobs. wowwwwww

2 is a good point. i wish london and french riviera would put all those leaches in prison

Super cars have almost never been exciting for me beyond having them as toys for display in my room. one of the few super cars or "exotic" (using that term a bit loosely because there is no official definition) that excited me in its entirety was the 2005 Ford GT. it was exotic enough in styling and the overall sense that when i saw it in person i was standing next to something precious. it also didn't feel like it was made of unobtainium or anything expensive and fragile like a Carrera GT or LFA. it had aftermarket like a normal car too and the engine of a mostly normal car which the LFA and Carrera GT lacked. this is why i'm also more ecstatic about the new NSX than any of the hybrid hyper cars who's production cycle and time in the lime light felt like a flavor of the month pop song. i like Super cars or exotics that blur the line between an "exotic" and a more approachable run-of-the mill sports car like a Corvette and ill always appreciate that no matter how old i get or how many super car flavors of the month get sculpted as the next best piece of unobtainium.

supercars are supposed to be rare, especial, and represent class and culture. it's not rare if i see a squad of mindless fresh-off-the-boat consumerist gooks driving down a street revving their $600k cars.

normie retard Instagram/YouTube culture

Hi I'm Shmee

I think for me it’s because the only time you would see “exotic” cars growing up would be in magazines or tv shows/movies. It would be the greatest thing on earth to see one actually in person.

Now with the internet/social media there is really nothing special left when you actually do see an exotic in person

God that woman looks like a cretin.

Agreed. One reason I like the R8. More than enough performance, exotic looks and it’s much more usable than you’d expect. That segment is grossly underdeveloped.

Absolutely.
So many shitters with no talent buying these things and annoying everyone else.

Aerodynamics means they all have to be the same basic shape.

Its not your imagination, advances uncovered in the R&D of supercar production have filtered down to even basic/economy model cars to the point you can see former next level shit like torque vectoring and stability control even in some bloated sedan and chunky crossover

Why do they come here when they only want to associate with other people from their homeland

they're gonna zerg rush you, bruce/leaf

because the "exotic nature of it relies on the "only 1 of 1000 built ever" principle and anyone on this board gets a miniature stroke when they see something like that in an ad

They literally only buy the exact same cars with the exact same colour while also wearing the exact same clothes and shoes
>Arr rook same

>performance is merely marginally better than it was in the 90s
LOL MUH DODGE CHARGER GOT MORE BHP THAN YOUR JAP SHITBOX AND IT GOES 0-60 FASTER TOO WHO NEEDS MODERN SOYBOY CARS LOL I COULD TROUNCE YOU ON THE TRACK BRO

its because all the hypercars from the past decade look like a similar flavor of the same shitty spaceship concept

Nah you're just a Veeky Forums hipster