Hey Veeky Forums, what would be a better choice? Chevy Tahoe or Jeep Cherokee XJ

Hey Veeky Forums, what would be a better choice? Chevy Tahoe or Jeep Cherokee XJ

Tahoe is more practical and has more parts

neither, both are currently falling apart and beyond reasonable repair as I type this.

This. My latest year xj died three years ago with 150,000. Two owners, female owned. Body was perfect but everything mechanical broke.

my brother and dad ownTWO tahoes and have owned a cherokee, they had to get rid of the cherokee because everything was breaking and every time i talk to them they had to throw another couple hundred dollars at the tahoes

get a v8

i had a xj and it needed more power

>tfw body is rotting apart but it's still mechanically solid with 195k

It's been sitting in my yard for like 7 months because I can't bring myself to sell it. I love this thing but I really need to let it go.

I thought these things were bulletproof and could make it to 400k without breaking a sweat?

Mechanically mine runs and drives great. The issue is the salt in the winter. It rotted a little hole in my driver's rocker so I cut the rot out then used this undercoating I bought from a local truck shop. Instead of protecting my rockers from further rot, it made them rot 10x faster than they would have. In one winter they look so much worse than they would have if I just left the rot alone.

Tahoe. Reliable, cheap, plentiful cheap parts, tons of upgrades and mod choices.

XJs are based and women love them

this or the Yukon

Ive never had a jeep but i beat the everliving shit out of a tahoe once. Every fix was zap straps or glue and it held. Next truck is gonna be back to chevy for sure

Jeep Cherokee 4x4 with a 4.0 .

long as it's in good condition it'll Outlast you.

iv done more with a stock Cherokee than most of these faggots ever will.

parts everywhere and super cheap.

fuck a Tahoe or blazer or any of the others.

For what?

Hahaha no Jeep is absolute trash.

>iv done more with a stock Cherokee
Yeah more repairs.

>what would be a better choice?
Honda Civic

If you get the 4.0 most definitely. If I recall, the transmissions are solid too.

This plus one. I got the ZJ with a 4.0 and it's solid, but the XJ has way more aftermarket parts for it. There's a huge following for it.

to an extent sure. Thing is it's all been cheap to fix and replace. Even out in the muddy trails :)

If you can't learn on a 4.0 Cherokee you don't need a vehicle faggot.

My rockers completely rusted through and were gone. Everything from the pinch seam up had holes in it. It all started with this small spot in the rear. I had a body shop weld in new rockers and bedline everything.
Preventative maintenance is the key. Now I apply FluidFilm twice a year.

They probably barely kept up with oil changes/etc. Ive got a 96 manual xj with 220,000 miles. Still runs smoothly.

The ones with the 4.0l are, anyway. Minor accessory shit will break (water pumps, alternators, fuel pumps, etc.) But the motor will never truly die as long as it's got oil. The transmissions were generally very robust as well, both the auto and manual options. As long as you can find one with little or no rust on it that runs decently you're good.

Pic related, my 98 2 door Sport. Had the water pump die shortly after I bought it, and a faulty o2 sensor causing it to run rugged when it warmed up. Neither were expensive/difficult to fix. Had it for two years now and besides that and unfucking the POs sad excuse for stereo wiring it's been dead reliable.

Need better wheels/tires tho.