Help me understand how to talk to dealerships and salesmen to get a better deal on my car...

Help me understand how to talk to dealerships and salesmen to get a better deal on my car. My first car I know I fucked up and was too giddy during the test drive and they wouldn't budge no matter how hard I tried.

I'm close to getting an M2 with executive package, going to make a down payment thats sizable and look to keep my payments in the 500-600 bracket. Not a poorfag, just looking to know what the magic words are to save on shit like dealer fees, reach around fees, and taxes if possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/D87tO7VUs2I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Be a chad

That’s betas pay full price

>reach around fees

last time I checked you should offer to give them a reach around to get the price down, not pay them to give you a reach around

you can also offer to gobble up their semen, may provide you with a small foscpunt

Tell them what you are willing to pay. Walk if they don’t meet it. Don’t take it personally if they don’t bite. Give them your info to call when they can do better. You have to be willing to give a little back to them. Build that into your offer dicklet dumbass beta cuck.

This is decent advice. Not too far off what I was going to try

>keep my payments in the 500-600 bracket
Apply for a loan elsewhere before you go, and decide where to get the money after you see what the dealer has to offer. Lightstream is worth checking out if you have good credit.

Also, it probably doesn't apply to your situation, but I worked out the numbers for the last car I bought over the phone before I got there.

be ready to walk away, and if they're being real cunts just get their best offer and take it to another dealer. Play them off each other it works pretty great. That blue collar sales cuck needs that sale even if he only makes $100

Doc and dealer fees are negotiable. Your down payment probably won't sway them a whole lot. It'll just show that you're serious about the car.

Show interest in a base M2, and let the salesman try to talk you into the executive package, act interested but be uneasy about the price. They'll knock some off. Their next tactic will be discussing payment instead of price. Keep that in mind and tell them exactly what your willing to pay, what kind of payment you're looking for and how much you have down (aim lower than what you expect to pay but stay reasonable) the salesman will sweat at the close chance of a sale and run to his manager. He'll come back with adjusted numbers and it'll be closer to what you want. Then you agree and go get your down payment. But really you head to the GM dealership and buy a faster and cheaper Camaro SS.

Thank you senpai, I left there Saturday making them think I may or may not use them. Told them where I want to be with payments etc... I may see what my bank can give me for a loan before I go further.

They aren't going to have a problem selling the car I don't think. Except for the fact that it's 6spd. So I was hoping to see about saving the tax and dealer fees. I'll stick with the M2. The only other real option is an M3 that's used with less than 15k miles on it desu. I think the mark ups on RS3's and TTRS's are too much to even consider. Those were my only other real interests.

RS3 > shitty M2 all day long

>Audisteer
No thanks senpai

Golf R with less utility

t. Chuck Johnson

>Golf R does 0-100kmh under 4 seconds stock
>Golf R beats a C63s coupe in a drag race
>Golf R sounds like a V10

All great points.
I don't think about monthly payments though, don't wanf to hear about it. What is the sales price of the car, what are ALL of the fees and taxes, what extras (paint protection!) are they sneaking in and what is the interest rate? Better yet, get financing from a local credit union.
Stay calm, be firm and be thorough.

My job has an affiliated credit union. Thanks for reminding me.

>I don't think about monthly payments though, don't wanf to hear about it.

I told you it's a tactic they use to steer you away from the final price.

They could care less about your payments or your interest rate. They only get paid on the final price of the car negotiated. Maybe they might get something if you go through BMW's financing but that's about it. They get a check from wherever you get financed from and that's it on their end.

Figure out what the car is worth. Look at other similar cars in your area. Go in knowing what car you want to look at. Listen for sounds, look for imperfections that will need attention, these will give you leverage. (just like any other test drive). Tell them like it is.
"look, this is the car I want, and I'd really like to buy it. This is what I'm willing to pay." All this makes you look like a guaranteed sell, if all the have to do is work on the price.

If they "can't go that low" thank them for their time and be on your way. Hasn't failed me yet.

Ty. Keep em coming

Just be yourself. Works every time.

This is so unbelievably stupid, it blows my mind that you can't buy a car like anything else, or at the very least without all the shady retarded tactics.

I'd love to be able configure the exact car I want online, order it, then just pick it up somewhere for a set price everyone pays. No scummy middle men.

>tfw BMW yoro delivery still has to go through scum dealership middlemen

The idea is not to pay the MSRP you fucking retard

SS isn’t faster however
>muh straight line driving
nobody gives a shit about your $50k fwd jetta

6MT is more desirable. The only reason why that car will remain on the lot for any length of time is that people are anticipating the M2 Competition, which will have a detuned version of the S55 from the M3/M4 (which I'm sure will be an easy ECU reflash to bring up to 500+ hp) and some other goodies.

I actually just found out about a website called lease hacker. You can post in the forums about the deal and they'll tell you if it's shit or not. I've read of people getting a loaner i3 lease for $1000 one payment.

just try and get 6% off of sticker because thats about as much as people will deduct and still make money on

>financing 50k
Shiggy diggy

Not him but where do you live m8? Where I live the m2 is 93k-ish. The 6mt does 3k+ rpm cruising at highway speed (130 kph) whereas the dct does 2.2k-2.3k

thanks m8

The M2 is hot right now and no one is getting deals on these. You will be lucky to find one.

>Paying $60k more for a worse car
youtu.be/D87tO7VUs2I

This Besides, negotiating is half the fun in getting a new car. I don’t get to be a son of a bitch everyday, so it’s good to get it out of my system.

IDK, I wore myself out last time I did a traditional dealer. Lost a whole weekend over it. The last car I bought I used one of those online services that delivers right to your door. Much better.

>fwd biased awd instead of rwd
You don't belong on here

Different strokes for different folks. In the end, if you get the car and you’re happy with it, none of this other stuff really matters. Do you and enjoy your ride, user

The Camaro was slower with a shittier interior
Plus M2 is faster on track than both of those cars
kys

The m2 costs 93k where I live but the burger pushturs barges cost way more due to increased co2 emissions. A hellcat charger costs 200k because of this