Why the fuck does normies have so much hatred for our hobby?

Why the fuck does normies have so much hatred for our hobby?

Everytime I mention my car is a 3.0 straight 6 that does less than half the mpg of their econobox. They always go on about how stupid and wasteful it is to drive that kind of car. And that I should get some hybrid shitbox.

Why can't they just accept that this is one of the few things in life that brings me joy?
I live alone in a small apartment and I don't go out of way step people over their feet. But still I get shit on.
I don't have much of anything going for me.

It hurts br/o/s.
How to deal?

Why do you care what they think?

if you can afford it, who cares. yeah spending money on gas blows, but you have a car that's part sports car.

just put 89/plus for like 1-3 extra MPG, and better engine performance

Start running over people with your car and see if that helps

Who cares what they think? Just do your own thing, and if they keep giving you shit for it, ditch them, since they're shitty friends.

just boast about it m8, normies at work get mad when i get 18mpg in my 1.8 4 banger. why would i want to drive an nofun car just to save on fuel costs to spend on more nofun things

All the normies at work think 14mpg is cool

>your car is so loud desu
>omg 5 liter? V8? it's so big
>I bet it takes longer to warm it up
>is the third pedal for burnouts

I love my freedoms

Ignore everything a normie says.
They're just hating because their own lives are miserable

Stop talking to normies.
>3l 6cyl is wasteful
Lmao

5ltr best ltr desu m8

>3L
Lmao m8 in the dutch caliphate my 2L golf GTD is considered wasteful among 1L i3 cuckboxes

I have a 2.5L I6, iktf. Every normie thinks 170 hp is insanely powerful and says that I should have gotten a diesel car. Although it's just occasional comments, when I take them for a ride, everyone loves it.

What beemer do you got? E36,E39 or a E46

E46

/thread
Also, jelly fags ang generally people with shit personality are ones who trashtalk like that.

>E39 525
>powerful

Fucking eurofags lol

Better hp/l compared to your v8 crap

170hp? My station wagon has more horsepower than that

Because they feel retarded riding their bicycles in the rain while you pass by them in your car and splash them with dirty road water.

>tfw my 320d wagon has more power than that

525 has 192hp though.

yeah the 523i has a 2.5L 6cyl with 170hp

>523i

Im not the guy who posted about 170hp being powerful though, i was just clearing up the misunderstanding that it was a 525

Got a 320d myself, 184hp, you can call it pathetic if you want but the engine in this car is a detuned version of the same engine as a new 325D, and the E90 like i have was sold as 328D in the USA, i can safely get over 280hp with just a remap, all while getting 50 MPG

Compared to the majority of cars here, which are sub-1.4L shitboxes with double digit horsepower, it is powerful. Believe me, I'd have a more powerful engine if I could, but considering how much more expensive insurance, registration and the purchase price of the car would be, I'm quite happy with my choice.

Stop hanging around soibois

Manual 525i is slower than a manual focus se

kek
>your truck is so big
>why do you have such large tires
>I could never drive a stick
>why is it so loud
>Does that get miles to the gallon or gallons to the mile
>tfw the rear axles fell out

I didn't drive my truck daily, it was a mud toy/backup truck. Fuck it's a sexy Bronco. Once the weather gets better I'll be getting it all fixed up again. I miss it so much.

Shit, I've never owned anything with less than 200hp. I can't imagine driving with double digit HP, let alone 150hp. The highways in the states require a bit of power to stay safe.

>he has never thrashed around in a 700kg 1996 suzuki swift with power comparable to a washing machine

LOL no, I drove a 2CV for 3 months and had no issues
Maybe it's dangerous if you're a hot head who needs to over take everyone, but otherwise you can stay well above the minimum speed limit just fine

Being sub 1000Kg featherweights helps a lot. Mine has 82hp for 800Kg, and paired with a low ratio gearbox it picks up speed nicely. Don't expect it to do anymore than 170-180Km/h, but honestly above that it doesn't have the weight or aerodynamics to stay stable anyway.

You do know that Jeeps used to come with 100hp right?
The carbed 6cyl had 100hp up until 90. and the 4 cyl had 100hp up until 2005.
All in an aero-brick weighing more than your mum. Top speed of 70 downhill with a tail wind.

Ls3 426hp / 6.2 L = 68.7 hp/L
Euro trash 170hp / 2.5 L = 68 hp/L

Top kek

80's Euro trash 4.5 liter vee ate 220hp = 48.8hp/l
80's Euro trash 2.2 liter tarbo 210hp = 95.4hp/l

Americans BTFO.
V8's BTFO.

The 523i is detuned, 525i is a better comparison at 192hp

>ls
>6.2L
>only 426hp

>s85
>5 liter BMW V10
>500hp N/A

68hp/l wow congrats americans
s54b32 naturally aspirated 3.2 6cyl from 2000: 360hp

To be fair comparing american engines to german engines is like comparing special ed fingerpainting to classical artistry

No, the 523i is an M52TUB25. The 525 was an M54B25.
The z3, e46, and e39 all saw the transition between the M52 and the M54. The M54 wasn't "tuning" the M52. It was an entirely new engine platform based off the old one.

>ls
>doesn't wear out its rod bearings and destroy the engine

The S54 is 103 hp/l.
It also made 333hp in the E46,
And just barely above 300 in the Z3 and Z4.

No idea where you're pulling this 360 figure from.

stop being California

t. Never been to california

The streets of LA are littered with performance cars

Ah right, my bad, sorry, still not the best comparison, a 523i isn't exactly a remarkable car

Wasn't saying the S85 was the best engine ever, but comparing a legendary performance engine to an almost base-model engine just to show it has 0.7 more HP/L isn't really relevant

I've been and it was shit
like an even gayer Europe

look up E46 M3 CSL

>Better hp/l compared to your v8 crap

Euros moving goalposts

more hp/Liter = more powerful

Why do people give a shit about hp/L anyway? It's a completely irrelevant metric in every way aside from bragging rights.

I am gay and thought california was too gay

You sound butthurt, everybody knows california is one of the most popular places for car enthusiasts. I mean unless you’d rather race tractors with cletus.

Kind of right. Horsepower to engine weight ratio is more important

hp/l is a direct measurement of efficiency.
Engines make power by efficiency.
It means that scaled up or down, an engine design *should* out perform another.
Turbos really fuck that all up hard though. It really only works for comparing n/a engines.

But why is efficiency important in real life? It doesn't even automatically mean better fuel economy, so that point is moot.

Why do you care what NPC's think?

>3.0 straight 6

Like any normie knows what that means or gives a fuck.

They're normies because they don't care.

Woo that made me giggle

Only at the rpm where it makes that power. The S2000 may make like 240bhp from a 2l but it only manages that at like 9000rpm. Under that it makes a lot less power than other engines

I've adopted this mindset recently. Thought I was original in coming up with calling them NPCs the other day though

I didn't come up with, probably stole it from you in fact.

It's going to be hilarious when their fetished climate change turns out to be cooling.
M-muh co2... m-m-muh greenhauz.

2.9L 450 hp, stationwagon.

My car has 40HP and an 850cc 4 cylinder.
>700kg
My car is 400kg

Who else here /old microcars/?

Micro penis? (Bad eye sight)

That's not a very nice thing to say, user
This is supposed to be a wholesome thread

It could still be.
Just go for a night drive. It will clear your mind

whos this they? anyone that rags on someone elses ride opens themselves up to rebuttle noone is perfect eveyone has flaws