What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Beamng Drive?

It has lots of shitboxes that come stock with the game, but there just ain't much to do.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BUqsVtBQ0Sk&t=754s
beamng.com/threads/american-80s-fullsize-series.44514/
beamng.com/resources/beam-regenerator.2627/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ti0mWiVGrxw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>but there just ain't much to do
Yeah, but it's like GTA IV, not a whole lot out of the box but thanks to the detail it never gets boring to slide and bounce around and crash.

(Unlike fucking Mario Kart: Los Santos)

I've got 95 hours in Beam, I really like just driving around the maps, installing modded cars and maps, enjoying the odd crash.
It's pretty realistic and driving in manual is alot of fun.
And you can mod each car a tonne in the garage.

I would like it if it where like forza horizons, where you could drive around in an open world map "possibly of your own chosing, and be able to create car pile ups/police chases in traffic. However, the game lags like hell after spawning more than 5 cars.

Yeah and the AI is buggy as shit, If I ever try and start a police chase with more than 1 police car they end up crashing almost imminently.

yeah, however, I was able to recreate this car chase in beamng using the american fullsize pack, took me a few tries since one of the cruisers kept going off the road. Even had the exact some car models and everything.
youtube.com/watch?v=BUqsVtBQ0Sk&t=754s
beamng.com/threads/american-80s-fullsize-series.44514/

I have 500+ hours its the only game i play anymore
Bolide a best
Basically this

>And you can mod each car a tonne in the garage.

This.

>tfw removed bumpers and exhaust from grand marshal
>installed bigger tires and welded rear diff
>now offroads better then half the 4WD trucks

GTA IV had alot more to do though (given its a breathing recreation of NYC, and had a $100 Million+ behind it).

Well, plenty of people complained that it didn't in comparison to older and newer titles in the series.

I bought it, got bored in 20 minutes and returned it.

luv it

>but there just ain't much to do

you need imagination

This

I've got nearly 600 hours on it. By far my favorite game.

>BeamNG hired Shadman

not shadman but that style SCREAMS "I have a tumblr with tons of smut I draw under a nickname"

Civetta Bolide

I like putting the heaviest load on the slowest semi truck and trying to pull it up the island jungle hills

the AI does best when it only has to drive in a straight line or on a track. Police chases work better if you are the cop, because the AI has no hope of catching you.

make sure to set up the AI control UI app if you want to play with AI, you can make them drive more recklessly, though they don't know what to do when the car goes out of control and require a few runs to learn where to brake.

>tfw no option to fix a certain part without fixing anything else to allow for rally-style quick mending

beamng.com/resources/beam-regenerator.2627/

alternately just beat it back into shape

The problem for me is that the handling on all cars is worse than most other driving games, I assume this is because of the soft body physics interfering with the car handling (rigs of rod had the same issue).
Ai overall is hit or miss, and definitely has room for improvement.
Honestly, I wish this feature would work the same way as it did in rigs of rod, where the camera would move with the mouse and let you fling the car across the map. That would make it 10x funner.
Jesus Christ, are those the character designs for the story Mode? Call me a /pol/ster but I have a feeling it's gonna spew leftist nonsense just by character design alone. What country is beamng based in anyway?

Overall, I admire what the small team have accomplished and the fact they added shit boxes instead of hyper cars. I hope one day it could be open world and I can fling my Chevy cavalier knock off into oncoming traffic, but alass, the game lags after spawning more than 5 cars

C'mon, give them a break.
For modern game standards the characters are still pretty normal. At least it still lacks the mandatory beefy token "black bulls" or extra "average" looking females because progressive! If you take a close look at the artwork you can also clearly make out that the artist is obviously more used to drawing females since the guys look a tad "too cute" and the female characters have nice proportions and actually look kinda charming. They're breddy nice to look at and not something like the current modern standard (pic related). On top of that all this is especially tame considering this game is being developed in Germoney.
Just hope they don't get hit by the SJW faggotry and fire the artist.

its a good game its just theres nothing to do in it, multiplayer was confirmed impossible due to the way the engine works at least

>theres nothing to do in it
There's nothing to do if you lack imagination and will to mod stuff. This thing is as sandbox as it gets.
You can import 3D objects, make your own tracks, make your own cars, make literally everything yourself (development literally started as car physics engine alone and the "game" was supposed to just demonstrate it at first).
I guess it's the most fun if you're at least slightly autistic.

>make your own tracks.

Can I recreate my favorite Touge? I can’t get bobs track builder to work for the life of me.

technically you can of course but for this hole thing it would take a while

>There's nothing to do if you lack imagination

Always the best excuse for not bothering to make an actual game.

look it up if you don't believe it. the whole thing is meant as engine that they hope will some big studio pick up for a title.
the "game" around it was meant as demo and now they also keep developing the game further because it actually is successful

Well it's far from finished and as the other user said it's hardly a game, it's a physics sandbox.

I guess, but again, I won't be satisfied until I can drive my Chevy cavalier rip off into oncoming traffic. The game is worth a torrent, maybe even a steam sale, but I wouldn't buy it at full price

i love Beam!!
This some game i played today LOL
ha ha ha brutal
youtube.com/watch?v=Ti0mWiVGrxw

He's right though, people who need handholding by scripted activities in games are brainlets, and vast sandboxes have been some of the best games of all time.

>developed in Germany
It's already too late user