My neighbor has an exploder sitting in his yard for a couple years now

My neighbor has an exploder sitting in his yard for a couple years now.

Last time I spoke to him he was selling it at scrap value due to it having some brake issues and the fact that he can't drive it anymore.

It is a 1996, 4.0l, 4wd, manual XLT.

I am going to take a look at it tomorrow because if I can get it roadworthy and clean it up I can sell it for half my yearly wages even if I sell it cheap. (Not America) Does anyone have any points that I should focus on other than the basics? Like an exploder buyers guide?

>Not America
Where are you?

Not America

This. It is really besides the point.

So where? Are you embarrassed of the country you're from?

I'd probably sprawl the forums instead of asking Veeky Forums. Make sure it's drivable and you don't have to make it feel nice either. Someone who's buying a 20 year old stick explorer isn't worried about how nice it feels.

There is about 70,000 people in my country and I have already ran across 4 of them on forums so I can't risk it

>Someone who's buying a 20 year old stick explorer isn't worried about how nice it feels.

We do. I am a middle manager at a "large" company and this vehicle would be a fancy daily driver for me. Just because this guy is selling it for next to nothing and I know it used to drive really well before he put it up is why I am interested in flipping it.

If YOU would dump money into it so it drives like new to get the least amount of profit possible then that's you. Personally I'd make sure it's safe to drive and send it out the door.

>There is about 70,000 people in my country and I have already ran across 4 of them on forums so I can't risk it
Why are you so paranoid about your country?

Estonia?

the only weak point really is the cooling system. 4.0 head gaskets can go sometimes but other than that it's a solid rig

These cars are hit or miss, either it'll run forever or fuck your shit up. Easy to work on once you pull the engine out, otherwise a major pain in the dick.

>exploder

>manual
>brake issues
Likely rotted out rear axle hard line. Literally a 15 dollar fix, make it a rally truck

Squarebody is best.

Honestly, I'd fix the brakes, change the engine and trans oil, flush the coolant/change thermostat, put some tire shine on, detail It to high hell, and drive as is. This era of explorer isn't too bad assuming the timing isn't fucked and the heads good. Keep it, OP.

dominica?

Dominica

Noted

Because word gets around.

Thank you

Thanks

I will check em.

I already have a vehicle so I am looking at this as a possible opportunity to make some extra funds.

are you the weeaboo that used to post on /carib/?

No, I'm just a guy guessing at what country OP is from.

>Because word gets around.
to 70k people?

Kek. I am neither of them.

When you drive an unusual car. Everyone knows who you are.

domenica?

People don't care that much, you're just paranoid

No your not. The paranoia is real.

The paranoia is definitely real

Dominica only recently got electricity back to the capital after that hurricane bitch slapped them. You think people have money to spend on a car?

It's definitively Dominica, I found OP in a stock photo of it's capital city.

Dude not cool delete this.

Fuck, this is why I didn't want my location tracked.

shhh

He doesn't want people knowing he's buying an explorer.

Rock ruin cafe is a good chill spot if it is still there.

The guy in the blue shirt and brown pants looks like he has a better internet connection if you ask me

He's the guy selling the Explorer.

They still don't have electricity?

OP can you confirm this?

First step would be to move to a real country, and make money there instead.

op bailed after this post

Second step is buying anything other than a shitheap 1990s Explorer, ideally something Japanese.

>90's explorers
>shitheaps
Whew lad, they're almost unkillable especially with the V8