There is a pretty good looking Opel Calibra fore sale in a decent condition (leather, climate control, sport pack etc.)...

There is a pretty good looking Opel Calibra fore sale in a decent condition (leather, climate control, sport pack etc.), and i want to know if they are any good.
I am young and i search for a good cheap sportscar (first car).

>Calibra
>Sports Car

It is

I use to like these back in the day. They haven't aged very well but they still look unique.

I like their look, which is better though the 4 cylinder or the v6?

They are tight

Thanks!

>coupe Vectra
>Sports car
Also, are you a gypsy/eastern european?

204 hp and awd weren't too bad that time and it's likely still faster than half of the cars on the streets even here in germany.

gl finding one of those in good condition, most 4x4 are now only FWD and the average Calibra is a 2.0 8v or a 150 hp at most.

Not the best at cornering, but reliable across the whole range. Try to avoid it if it has a C20NE (only 8 valver engine on the range), the engine itself isn't bad, but the Calibra is too heavy for it.

Nope i am German late teen, we still have a big love for old Opels like the Calibra and it's dad the Manta.

And it is a Sportscar, the least powerfull version with 116hp does 0-100km/h in 8 seconds (with FWD), than you have the FWD V6, the 2.0l and V6 4x4 with and without the Turbo (not the V6) and you have the tuned Irmscher version.
The fastest one was the 2.0i Turbo intercooler 4x4 with 204hp, that thing did 6,2 seconds from 0-100 km/h and had a topspeed of over 155mph and mind you that was in 1992 when Porsches and AMGs and Ferraris where in that territory!
Pic related is the 4x4 Turbo tuned by Irmscher.

That looks sexy. Here in Paraguay we got very few Calibras back in the day, only with the 2.0 16v engine, badged as Chevrolets

Did a mistake!
The Irmscher was the most powerfull with 234hp that thing did 0-100 in 6 seconds.
And both the normal 4x4 and the Irmscher came with a 6speed manual.

Interresting i didn't know South America got them too.
I only knew that you guys got the Omega and Vectra badges as Chevrolets.

Fun fact the Opel Calibra was meant to be sold in the USA as a Saab Calibra, but Saab said no, and Buick was worried about selling them as Buick Calibras.

Don't bother arguing. Veeky Forums thinks everything slower than 3s to 60mph is dangerously slow.
For European standards 8s back in 1991 was quite quick but I think the Calibra was more meant as a sporty looking coupe and not as a sports car. For example a Firebird also looks sporty but is most definitely not a sports car (especially with the V6 or even i4).

Compared to many other cars of that time the Calibra aged exceptionally well with those really slim headlights and overall classic and minimalistic styling so I understand why you love them.

We got Omegas, Vectras, Corsas and the Zafira badged as Chevys. Here's a Chevrolet Calibra (i think Chile got them as Opels)

Thanks for the comment, i don't care what those Veeky Forumstists say.

You are probably right with the sporty coupe, but have to admit that 6 seconds is impressive for 1992 especially in a Opel.

The reason why it was fast in general was that at that time it was the most aerodynamic car in the world, and is still to this day in the top ten.

Interresting, and also funny (in a good way) seing Opel as Chevys.
Chile probably got them as Opels because they have a lot of Germans living there.
Do you guys also get the newer Opels?

Opel did some really cool stuff back then. A shame GM always had to shit on so many things, even the Calibra was way more impressive in the first stages but got cost cut to hell and back until it became quite tame. Still impressive that they were able to pull this design through.

No new Opels for us sadly (except for Chile, they have the new Corsa, Insignia, Mokka and Astra)

Fun and weird fact:
GM registered with the US Patent and Trademark Office the name Calibra in late 2014.

At the 2016 Detroit autoshow the German car magazine Autobild got an insider info, that the Buick Avesta will be build and sold as a Opel Calibra in Europe.

Yeah GM didn't even give the Omega the V8 that they promised.
Because of some heating issue the stoped it.
We could've gotten an LS1 powerd Omega, which would've been the first V8 Opel since the 70's Opels with the 5.4l Chevy 350 engines.

>Because of some heating issue the stoped it.
Which was utter bullshit because the cunts downunder got pretty much the Omega with a fucking V8.
One of them gets even posted here regularly. GM was just a fucking clusterfuck of idiots, like always.

Well that's what Opel and GM said in 2003 why they didn't make it.
I thought the same dude, the strayans and burgers got the 5.7 and 6.2V8 in that plattform, and we couldn't? What a big bag of bullcrap.

The good thing is that a lot of Germans and Dutch put LS3 engines in 'em, there are even kits to do that!

Oh, and i forgot, we got the Opel Ascona C as a Chevrolet Monza, built in Brazil until 1996. And it had a pretty rare 3 door hatchback body style

Interresting