Is using the brush at these places a big no-no? or what?

is using the brush at these places a big no-no? or what?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BdhB3WQkJ0Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the brushes collect all the dirt and grime from the previous cars, and that stuff eats away the wax/clearcoat on the following cars.

They're usually full of dirt from prev usage.

If you care about your car at all, you'd never even look at that filthy fucking brush. I see two kinds of idiots using them: numales/housewives, and bluecollar derps cleaning mounds of shit and concrete off their jobsite shitboxes/trucks.

I saw one guy just scraping his grill with it to get all this dried up mud out of the gaps. That shit just sits in the brush, you're literally picking it up after him and grinding fucking rocks into your paint. Another one was using it inside his wheel wells to clean grease and mud off the suspension/coils.

Your best bet is to go to a self wash later at night, when there aren't crowds. Bring your OWN brush, bucket, proper soap, and then just take advantage of the garage bay and pressure washer. That's how I wash my vehicle in the summer months, I've never had anyone bother me.

TL;DR don't touch those filthy brushes

Yup. Generally people wash the dirtiest fucking shit so using it on your paint is a bad idea if you give a fuck about it. Full of particulate that will leave scratches in your paint.

>this
it also can just straight up scratch the paint and leave those lines and swirl marks you see in the sunlight, apparently micro fiber towels work though

power wash the brush before use dummies. I use it on my commuter but never the audi.

microfibers leave scratches dipshit

>implying the Audi isn't a commuter car

OP here.

noted for next time.

well what the fuck do you use then seems like a brush would leave more

Ok so there's this brush that's been cleaning off god knows what crap off of other cars and work trucks and often just rests on the ground because people are too fucking lazy to put it back....and then you want to drag it across your car?

Nah man. Just bring a microfiber towel or wash mitt with ya.

Only if there's shit caught in the fibers you troglodyte, microfiber with some kind of lubricant (soapy water/quick detailer/etc) is the correct way to do it.

just spray the brush off with the hose first and don't press it into the paint, it's for getting the road grime off the lower parts of the car, not polishing your hood.

Just use your dick, it's soft and won't leave any lasting impression.

Microfibers work great for drying too, I use a wax by Auto Glym that goes on wet, it's amazing and waxes/dries in one step.

Well yeah after it's clean it's ok to wipe it dry, just not when it's dirty since you'd be grinding the dirt into the paint.

y-you too

I've used the brush at the seediest Guatemalan car wash on my mirror polished House of Kolor paint without issue, I just hit the bristles with the pressure washer first. If you have a feel for how much clear you have and how hard it is you, like me wouldn't be so afraid, but when you have factory paint it's hard to know that. Still I think people are way too paranoid using multiple buckets, multiple mitts, etc. If a piece of dirt on a brush is going to scratch your paint imagine the kind of damage driving on the freeway at 70mph is going to do. Best to just put the car in a sealed bubble and never touch it.

Anything you touch your car with will scratch the paint, you're supposed to polish out the swirls after you've finished cleaning.

It helps to put a little quick detailer on your microfiber that you're using to dry.

German fags are the worst.

obviously with lighter paint colors you dont notice the imperfections as much

Just fucking spray the brush off with the waterblaster before you use it you dense cunts fucking hell

>ITT people arent smart enough to hit the brush with the high pressure sprayer before using it.

suck my dick you dirty reprobate

thats what i was thinkin

i just run it for 15 second to let everything spill out

I rub em on the asphalt for laughs

Big no-no

Bring your own sponge if you want to do a proper clean, along with a squeegee for after

>Used to clean cars for a living

>Sponge
>Squeegee
>Used to wash cars for a living

You were doing a shit job then

yep

>hurrdurr just wash brush before us it

this doesn't help, and you're stupid for thinking it does.

Why the fuck you even need the brush senpai? I wash my car weekly only using the pressure washer and a shammy, even at its most dirty your car should never need this, even if it’s caked with mud, just let that shit first and low pressure rinse before using high pressure so you don’t blast the mud into your paint.

>brings own shit to a carwash
state of fake landcruiser drivers

>apply tyre/engine cleaner from the wash to the brush
>rinse brush for a solid 20 seconds from all angles ruffling it with your hand
>proceed to use brush on shitbox daily
>comes out looking fine every time
People can't put in the effort to do this but they'll detail their car and wash it at home, it's only the kind of effort and money I'd put into one of my projects, and even then those projects actually see use so even if I detail it perfectly the paint will be worse within a week.

You mean the hog hair brushes that truckers use to wash their wheels?
I use em all the time.
Perfectly safe, and leaves a nice finish especially when you use hydraulic fluid to aid in getting that road grime off.

>Cleaning the brush doesn't clean the brush

I wash my car at home, with a sponge. A sponge I make sure is clean before use.

yeah I could waste my life doing all of that ... or i could just pay the spic at the drive thru $8 to wash, hand dry, and wet my tires

you guys honestly act like such low class plebs. christ it's pathetic. try valuing your short amount of time on earth

>Pajero
>Victorian
opinion discarded

>Paying some minimum wage idiot to damage your car, which is a valuable investment and loses value every time it gets scratched

99% of cars are not investments.

Some of them may not be great at commuting.
youtube.com/watch?v=BdhB3WQkJ0Q

I use those brushes frequently on my black C5. Before I take the brush off the mount I spray it with the water nozzle to get any loose gunk out of it so it doesn't scratch my clear coat. Then again, it's a 2004 car so I don't expect to keep the paint in mint condition.

I wish I could. Illegal to wash my car in my driveway or property here unless there's proper water treatment and drainage. Otherwise it just dumps the chemicals into the nearby river, which apparently is bad for fish or some shit.

>your car, which is a valuable investment
Based on what metrics?

If you spray the brush out before you use it, you'll be fine. Well, unless you have an old car with old paint and a nonexistent/damaged clear coat. Anything modern (2000s and up I'd say) should be able to withstand a dirty brush without creating marks in the clear coat.

Remember the paint isn't on the outer layer. You're not ever going to scratch the paint with a normal brush unless something's really fucked up.

i use it but i always spray it a bunch with the spray gun first

>Can't tell a Pajero and a Landcruiser apart
Fucking embarrassing to be honest.

>valuable investment
lel
There's nothing wrong with wanting your car to look good, but don't kid yourself. Very few cars will gain value.