/scg/ /edg/ Elite Citizen: Star Dangerous General #195

ED info:
pastebin.com/zEufftYe

Open Beta for 2.4 is up soon, you should be able to access it through launcher if you're a PC player.

Announcement vid /w contribution from our lord braben: youtube.com/watch?v=PX49v8zYutI
youtube.com/watch?v=jmVEYZnDZf8

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

It is the standing Recommendation of /scg/ that if your game package contains an Aurora MR, Aurora ES or Mustang Alpha you would be well served to upgrade it to an Aurora LN. It's only like ten bucks and provides a significant increase in firepower and survivability without any real downsides.
Be aware, this is the gateway drug to wasting your life savings on spaceship jpegs, keep your discipline and don't upgrade further unless you specifically want to buy Ben more eyeballs(and cheese), finance Sandi's dreams of being a C grade actor, fuel Chris's cocaine habit and send Erin and Brian into crippling inescapable depression.

>newFAQs
pastebin.com/7194hpmf

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
unity

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.
However these games are not the topic of this thread.

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=All1Fq3vt6U
reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6w1m9z/criticism_is_good_the_demo_had_issues_and_we_need/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for serious business

ayeee boyy

600i or carrack?

so what did I miss? worked all day, missed everything

xth for CR is cocking this up bad

One of them costs $85 less than the other and has more features.

Carrack, by miles, its cheaper and better, 600 is for rich jerkoffs to stroke themselves in.

Space is fun
No mans sky is fun
Hello games is fun

New Dysfunctionally Erect trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=All1Fq3vt6U

No new footage aside from a brief flash of what looks like a Thargoid Interceptor firing two red projectiles at a Corvette, which doesn't appear to have been disabled by proximity to the flower.

Also the 2.4 open beta is up.

anyone? just a rundown, what did they show? what was the big reveal?

Fucking nothing. The same demo as last year with heavy scripting and a crash. There was an Idris "battle" but it was shit. Instead they decided to partner with some literally who company to integrate a facerig knockoff into the game for maximum voicechat immersion purposes.

Should I recognise that ship?

quite a lot of stuff actually, Inergrated face and headtracking in game, combined with Ingame Voip basically using your webcam to drive your in game characters face and speech.
Functional idris with a cap on cap battle at the end, full ground station to space to QT to space to ground and back to space mission. Origin 600 reveal, its a worse constellation for more money that lets everyone around you know that you're more wealthy but less intelligent than them.

The Ursa is THICC

T H I C C
H
I
C
C

>100mil 9ly delivery missions have been fixed
>replaced by 900k colonia delivery missions
>Time Left: 23H 51MIN

It's the ass end of an Idris.

It's the Idris but they added a stupidly long ramp so you can enter it from the surface. No idea why it even needs to land in the first place, but whatever.

>tfw got the Ursa+CYC-TR+Greycat pack during the CYC sale.
I am pleased.

nice, I see the idris webm above. about damn time.

>says nothing
>posts something

I got an ursa and nox, super excited for the nox desu.

For the ramp, why didn't they make it have extensible teeth at the end like how most ramps for vehicles work, a large wide flat ramp like the one they showed is useless except on perfectly flat (concrete runway) terrain.

The Idris is designed for concrete runway terrain, when landed, like, military bases. Its gonna spend 99.9% of its life in space, no idea why it needs a vehicle ramp at all. Like with modern carriers it could just load its fighters once its underway.

Nice ship dude, glad it makes you happy.

The hell is a X1?

It looks pretty dopey, but it would make sense if you are going to use it to load so colossal land vehicle in to the hanger bay. [spoilers]Giant mecha spider tanks please.[/spoilers] If they really need a way to get rovers into the hanger a vehicle elevator or better yet a tractor beam would have made more sense.

It's a fighter carrier not an assault ship, it doesnt need a way to load vehicles into its hangar bay.

Could always do it the elite dangerous way, a hatch that opens up on the bottom of the ship and a clamp/crane that reaches down to grab the vehicle and pulls it up.

How are meme ships like runarounds and dragonflys going to work?
What's the point if any actual ship can just swoop in and one shot them?

I cringe every time

>what's the point
fun
Or they'll just implement some bullshit no fly zones, who knows.

hmm

In elite, vehicles are used to explore bases with anti-air defenses. Can still just use a ship to blow up the defenses but that usually brings a bounty and fine.

But that's a special condition though, requiring a legal system where bounties and consequence, however minor exist. A hidden unknown pirate base on a moon? Player should vaporize anything that moves while inside a ship then land to grab the loot, that demo where they showed a Freelancer landing and them getting out to fight vehicles and on foot only to have the Freelancer come back at the end to kill all the pirates was dumb.

>bought a caterpillar, buccaneer, herald and dragonfly.
Why am i such a stupid fucking faggot.

Man they need to cut this shit out and make game play instead of wasting time on fuck off facial technology n sheit. Also drop the overacting fuckwits and hire more programmers.

god damn it just give me some space stations and some kengoweed to trade in my freelancer max and a little bit of fps and i'll be happy.

how do we sabotage 3.0 and stop it from coming out?

No need, Chris is doing that all on his own.

user, Chris and CIG are already doing an incredible job at that.

samekike

Would that I could my friend.

>the SC community will eat face tracking up
Can we just have a fucking space sim and add this shit after launch?

>Hatsune Miku
I both pity and love that weeb-ass nigga.

>face tracking
why do they keep shooting themselves in the cock?

should we rename the peter principle to the chris principle?

>TFW there has been almost zero progress since last years gamescon and it seems like CIG is completely wasting all their time and resources on stupid shit.

>tfw

I almost respect the balls it must take to pull this kind of nonviable shit at this stage in the game

Best explorer coming through

Merchantman when :(

>group of bad lads ganks you

so is 3.0 out yet? I hear its soon....been hearing soon since last december. So is this Soon or money pit soon?

"October"

Ftroop never fails to amuse and dissapoint. I bet the olddads are loving every minute of it.

STOP
JUST STOP

Read this if you want to have a stroke. Spoilers for safety purposes. Context: reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/6w1m9z/criticism_is_good_the_demo_had_issues_and_we_need/

forgot image

m8, those shitposts are literally years old.

>By Brenna Hillier, Friday, 28 June 2013 04:17 GMT
>Why do the ships in Star Citizen look so good? Because each one cost at least $35,000 to make, that’s how.
>
>“It can be anywhere from $35,000 to $150,000,” Roberts told Joystiq of the cost of developing a single ship.
>
>That cost includes the time used to make the model as well as to model realistic functions; it includes a number of moving parts and animated dashboards.
>
>Each ship has a “wrapper” of up to 70 million polygons for the largest ships. Cloud Imperium Games claims a fighter will be made from about 300,000 polygons, ten times more than the 30,000 it estimates are used in a typical triple-A game’s vehicle models.
>
>You can see an example of the expense paying off in a recent in-engine trailer.
>
>Star Citizen has amassed over $10 million in crowdfunding and had broken records. It’s probably going to need it. The full article through the link above contains further discussion of the costs of developing the ambitious space sim sandbox.
>
>Star Citizen is expected on PC in 2014.
A more innocent time.

you are a fucking loser my dude

>hurr I love denying someone's referral gains because mommy didn't love me

stay banned?

At this stage I wish somebody would just stop at our solar system, say we don't have the tech to leave the system and make 8 planets full of content, a couple factions to join and fucking release it.

It's a shame because SC actually has some decent flight and combat, but flying around an empty universe is boring.

>player crashing locks down their ship
>ragequitting confirmed as viable anti-theft tactic

When I saw this face tracker stuff I knew the game was never going to be good.

Get a load of this retard. Why does Ved recruit Reddit dads who don't understand how Veeky Forums works?

how exactly did you come to that conclusion

It looks decent, however they are taking the wrong path. They are treating this still like it's 2014. It's 2017. People have put in a lot of money, and they have high hopes for the game.

Why not pull the brake on enthusiastic "whole galaxy" meme and just work out one or two systems? It'd be so beneficial for them to just focus on ironing out the bugs, since the game is at an OK level now. Don't fucking torch me for saying that, but for what it is - it is a mediocre okay. It needs fine tuning, bug removal and turning it into a game with content rather than a void tech demo which is what it's been so far.

I just want to play this fucking game and lead a boarding party of space marines. Stop giving me blue balls CIG.

>braben won

New fag. Run down?

"""Working as intended"""

>roleplay boarding force
>gets blown up by ten fighters pinging from a distance

Gamers hating teamwork/socialization means groups will usually be masses of solo craft

>mods deleting [NAME REDACTED]posting
Mods confirmed for furries.

Bunch of goons and furfags.They have links to their steam groups and rigged the "random" referral codes in this thread.What's completely unacceptable is that there's a mod who's collaborating with them and abusing his privilege.

They got angry because i suggested to remove the link to ved steam group.

>For posterity.

What's a good fighter to grind for?

Purely dogfighting, don't care about cargo etc.

SC or E:D?

vulture

Woops, SC not ED.

Just for arena commander fun.

Because just the vague suggestion that the game would launch with ten systems instead of the hundreds sent the cultists be into panic mode a few months back. They really have their heart set on having spend hours trucking from one empty planet to another even though nms and Ed has shown how dull that is.

Sabre.

Buccaneer - For Dakka and Agility.
Superhornet - For Dakka and Tankiness.
Sabre - for Balanced Firepower, health and agility and missiles.
Gladius if you're a masochist and/or cheapskate.
Gladiator if you like missiles and salt mining, but not winning.

However AC is dead as fuck right now and you probably wont get any matches anyway.

Cheers.

Yea I noticed, sometimes just just play solo purely out of boredom.

Might just have to buy Everspace.

Not necessarily. There are a lot of guilds and clans out there that want to do team play - I think the game will favor team play over zerg fighter spam.

Some of them are die hard cultists, but others just want to LARP as Tom Cruise in the year of 2145 launching off a space carrier. I think I fall into the latter group by just wanting to board ships and kill people with a solid, non-faggoty group of people.

Yeah. Jesus, why doesn't CIG man the fuck up and say it how it is instead of sugar coating? It's in their interest to make a good game, be it small at first. First impressions matter, best example would be No Man's Sky.

i saw that one of the star citizen ships has a brig

hypothetically, can you capture people? like shout at them to surrender and lead them into the brig

because hypothetically me and my friend want to brig a bunch of people and force them to race the hoverbikes for freedom

>not forcing them to fight to death or get sucked into the darkness of space

>not flying round to your stash of stolen pod racers and forcing six mercenaries to race or die

Yeah some AtV episode has the caterpillar open it's doors and all the cargo gets succed out
I'd imagine people will just alt-f4 and deal with the consequences of you killing their character than put up that shit though

You gotta be a sad sack of shit to do this spam thing on a friday night

I'm thinking of buying Elite.

Y/N?

The gladius apparently has S3 guns in the wings now, in a location where they're slightly less likely to have them blown off instantly in a fight. Still underguned to the big three, but less so now. At least it finally does more damage than an avenger or 325a. Shame they changed the old fantastic cockpit into the useless fucking no radar two giant screen bullshit.

with the state SC is in? Big Y. That or start playing EVE.

>CR literally starts drinking to make it through his gamescon presentation
lol this is fucking great

>p-please slave away for me in EVE

lol