The 1910s-1930s were the peak of the automobile industry, been downhill ever since

youtube.com/watch?v=pO8oUihulaA

This was the time when man did not have to ride faster than 40 km/h, this was the time when ''highways'' didn't exist, when man had to ride the country side, and when america was ruled by an elite that still liked its citizens. This was the time man could comfortably cruise without fear of constantly being horned at, constantly being overtaken, constantly had to worry about electrical failures, constantly had to worry about blacks and when parking space wasn't a problem. It was a time when cars were made by our own people with parts produced and refined on american and european soil. Today automobiling is all about reducing the senses, increasing the speed, no longer can enjoy the sights and when the population was less dense. it was the best time to be a car enthusiast and it will never return.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gcE1avXFJb4
youtu.be/LuyIKZZYyyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

eh

thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=gcE1avXFJb4

>This was the time when man did not have to ride faster than 40 km/h, this was the time when ''highways'' didn't exist, when man had to ride the country side, and when america was ruled by an elite that still liked its citizens. This was the time man could comfortably cruise without fear of constantly being horned at, constantly being overtaken, constantly had to worry about electrical failures, constantly had to worry about blacks and when parking space wasn't a problem. It was a time when cars were made by our own people with parts produced and refined on american and european soil. Today automobiling is all about reducing the senses, increasing the speed, no longer can enjoy the sights and when the population was less dense. it was the best time to be a car enthusiast and it will never return.

"braindead" wojak posters are cursed die in their sleep

I wouldn't have it any other way

I think the fiat 500 was the peak

wrong, late 60s was peak automotive styling and performance, not to mention aesthetic

>inb4 boomer, fite me

>This was the time when man did not have to ride faster than 40 km/h
The point of cars is to ride faster than whatever was available at that time you dumbass piece of shit.

60s america and 90s japan was the peak

i see you're one of those "horse girl" car enthusiasts

Hi the RX-7 FB would like to have a word

>Without constantly having to worry about electrical problems
Do you seriously think 1930s or older cars are in any way reliable? Or that they don't have electrical issues with things like buzz coil ignition, dynamos, mechanical voltage regulators etc. Not to mention unvented cooling systems, constantly filling cars with water,

Not unvented, unpressurized even

>technology in its infancy
>peak
Is it the fact that there was no control standards or the fact that cars were piss-weak deathtraps that turns you on?

Yeah you basically had to learn to be your own mechanic back then. Too many spots in the US where if it broke, you were fucked.

>this was the time when ''highways'' didn't exist
The Lincoln Highway was available by 1913.

The Lincoln "Highway" wasn't a controlled access highway, it was merely a route of interconnected major roads, as was the system of U.S. Routes following in the '20s, perhaps most famously Route 66 which wasn't a highway either.

agreed

youtu.be/LuyIKZZYyyQ
>inb4 phonefag
leave me alone I'm on smoko

>it was merely a route of interconnected major roads
That's the very definition of a highway. Just because it's different from a modern interstate doesn't make it less of a highway. Also, controlled-access toll roads existed by 1908 in the form of the Long Island Motor Parkway.