Slowly creeps in. We are doomed. Doomed! 5-6 more years and that's it

Slowly creeps in. We are doomed. Doomed! 5-6 more years and that's it.

reuters.com/article/us-germany-emissions/diesel-cars-can-be-banned-from-german-cities-court-rules-idUSKCN1GA2XD

Other urls found in this thread:

db.eurocrim.org/db/en/doc/669.pdf
etsc.eu/faq-eu-cross-border-enforcement-directive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

IC cucks btfo again.

Meanwhile they hop on their private jet

aka the day Elon Musk took over the world.
Good riddance petrol cucks, the future belongs to EV's and mixed race children!!!

As a mixed race child I take offense to this

Oldtimers will be excluded from this bullshit. Thank God I'm in eastern europe where at least 60% of all vehicles is older than 18 years.

All the ruling did was clear up who has the power in deciding whether Diesel cars should be banned from entering the cities.
The court did NOT say anything about whether such a ban is sensible, or what modalities (diesel owner compensation, exemptions etc) would have to apply.

It is still anyone's guess which cities and under what conditions, or indeed if at all, such a ban will take place.

already looking forward to counter-lawsuits of the diesel owners once some stupid city hall clerk actually sets a ban and starts enforcing it.

That will NEVER happen in Germany. They will simply shrug and say: Ok.

it's not just Germans living in german cities nowadays lol. Plenty of foreigners and more importantly - corporations with fleets of diesel cars.
I think this is big enough to make few people stand up.

You are probably right.

CCTV and automated fining systems will make persecuting dieselcriminals pretty easy.

if you take away all the badges from a car, how can you find out its powertrain from CCTV? Are you a magician?

You match the license plate with the registration. The VIN will tell you the powertrain

oh alright. But car registries in Europe are not joined/shared across the states, let alone fining system. All you need to do is having bulgarian plates and sky is your limit, even today. My colleagues with BG plates didnt get fined, ever. So this would actually backfire only on germans and no one else :)

>But car registries in Europe are not joined/shared across the states, let alone fining system.
They are within EU countries.

nope.

If you are from Germany and do get a speeding ticket/DUI in Spain or Poland, this information will immediately be passed on to a data base which all European police have access to.

Ever been to a European city? Diesels there are small, gutless, stinky shitboxes
No one will miss them

Don't see that happening anytime soon because of surveillance legality issues. It's not like speeding where you can immediately measure the violation and then trigger the camera, you'd have to make photos of everyone and then check them with a database which by German law violates privacy. Average speed cameras have so far not been implemented either because of the same issues.

If anything it's going to work like emissions stickers already do now. Cities might agree on a new classification because too many cars can get a green sticker currently, and then enforcement will check and fine parked cars.

>more importantly - corporations with fleets of diesel cars
All less than 20 years old, and I doubt they stick with the same fleet for 10 years.

Your neighbours already have license plate scanners throughout certain cities that will automatically send the owner of any illegal (pre-1998) diesel that passes by them a fine in the mail.

Neighboring countries? Well, they're not Germany. Privacy has always been held up very strongly in law here. If average speed cameras (need to save everyone's plates) aren't legal, then neither are "diesel cameras" for the lack of a better name.

>swaps diesel engine into a car with a petrol vin

>need it inspected to be road legal
>will be entered into papers and into registration

You can't just swap an engine in germoney. It's highly unorderly.

and even if that was true, which it isn't, who and how is ever going to get the money out of you?
protip: no one can.

If the violation is significant enough, then the local authorities will enforce foreign fines.

It is. Not him, I got a speeding ticket sent to my house from a surrender flag speaking part of Belgium even though I live in the dutch caliphate. Not paying up results in getting an arrest warrant against you. Theoretically even europol can get involved
>2018
>thinking the EUSSR isn't actually capable of this
Are you underage bruh?

db.eurocrim.org/db/en/doc/669.pdf
etsc.eu/faq-eu-cross-border-enforcement-directive/

>speeding ticket / breaking some town hall entry ban
>europol warranty
lmao guys you are giving them a bit too much credit

Haha cucks

The price of freedom.

*blocks your path*

>tfw I'm the only car enthusiast in the universe who prefers diesel to gasoline, and not just because of fuel economy

Time to buy into Tesla and BYD goyims