I am looking for a Subaru Impreza wagon non turbo automatic as my first car

I am looking for a Subaru Impreza wagon non turbo automatic as my first car.

Do you have some infos?

it's a car

Get a turbo and a manual. Your first car doesn't need to be a lame and uninteresting one.

subarus are shit
buy an audi instead

Joke of the day.

not joking
who wants to pay $3k to replace head gaskets every 50k miles
subarus are shit

get a third gen twin turbo manual legacy instead.

There's one ten feet away from me, it served my grandmother faithfully for ten years with zero mechanical faults. It's so understressed, literally nothing breaks.

Non turbo Subarus are awful. They need forced induction.
t. owns this

PS. You should drive a manual.

I had a manual non-turbo as my first car. It could pretty much do everything and wasn't so powerful that I killed myself. It was even pleasant to work on.

The auto isn't going to be nearly as nice to drive, though. You don't get that pleasant rear drive push all the time and it's decidedly more sluggish.

Check the entire cooling system, avoid high millage at all cost unless you have a extra 2 grand for headgaskets, look for rust, and make sure the backseat doesn't smell like kush or cozy trunk

well memed, my friend.

Thanks for all the informative tips!

literally can't reply because you know i'm right

As far as head gaskets go, just check wikipedia. The issue is mostly to do with a few years of the EJ25 from almost 15-20 years ago. If they fail, they need only be replaced with the updated gaskets and you won't expect that they'll fail again.

Does the EJ20 in it sound like a Subaru, or more like a normal 4 cylinder?

A clean WRX wagon is a much better choice. The turbo EJ motors don't have the same headgasket issues the NA motors have. Also the automatics are dogshit and the manuals are pretty good and last much longer.

If you do go for a non turbo, make sure it's had both the head gaskets already done. Really the only issue with the imprezas and updated gaskets fix the issue.

No, it's because memeing is not worth a reply.

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the EJs had equal-length headers, so it'll make the subaru burbles.

It's still a flat engine, you can't hear a difference between the 2.0 and 2.5

The gasket issue is entirely overblown. It's only an issue in the 2.5, and is caused by lack of maintenance. The 2.0 is flawless.

They all up until the FA20 have unequal length headers, meaning that they sound like a Subaru.
Also this Check for rust, mostly, their rust protection like every japanese car is absolute dogshit.

there's no reason to buy a subaru over an audi. they're in the same price range these days. audis are better built, more reliable, more fun and better looking

Mate, I'd rather walk than buy an Audi.

>audis are better built
Unless we are talking TDI, no
>more reliable
See above, also repairs are complete crap since the chassis is made for transverse engines and fitting a longitudinally mounted one is a nightmare.
>more fun
>I am talking out of my ass
>better looking
completely subjective. But the B6 looks looks like a bar of soap with lights.

Good to know!
I love the Subaru sound!

>the B6 looks looks like a bar of soap with lights.
Hahah kek that's true, i almost bought one last year, it was a big disappointment.
The interior was made out of the cheapest Chinese plastique, even though it was the S Line Le Mand Quattto Turbo version.

The head gasket issue only affects 2.5 liter SOHC non-turbo engines from 1999 to about 2009.

t. long time Subarufag

>automatic
Avoid at all costs. These are stupidly unreliable

Thanks for calming me down, the non Subaru people always yell HEADGASCET at me when i tell them i want to buy one.

I thought they are more reliable than the manuals.

You should consider the Legacy, they're a bit more spacious

They are rare where i live and very expensive compared to the Impreza.
Maybe as a second car in the future.

The automatics are reliable. I've had two and I beat my cars like runaway slaves. You just need to take care of your car and it will take care of you. If you get a used one, I'd suggest changing the transmission fluid if it's a higher mileage car. As for the manual transmission reliability issues, those are mostly due to people trying to put a ton of power through the five-speeds. The split-case design of the five-speeds doesn't allow for much power above the stock numbers. Most people that I've spoken to agree that things start to go wrong around 300whp or so. The STI six-speeds, on the other hand, are very strong. They can take a lot more power than stock.

Standard Subaru memes, just like complaining that boxer engines are somehow inherently bad, but never saying that in a Porsche discussion.

2.5l
pic related

Hey Mr Busman i want the EJ20, also
This

I'll never touch a 4 cyl engine after owning one of these.

A Subaru 4

So basically you broke the car with your incompetence and are now blaming the car. Neat.

Get a manual

Yep, I was the engineering team that designed the EJ25.

Seriously. Why didn't they use the EJ22 team instead?

Because I needed my incompetence to bleed into my work so I could blame the car for breaking, duh.

1995-2004.
t. subiefag who's done his headgaskets

Just because the head gaskets fail doesn't mean that it's due to the head gasket meme.

Mine's a 1998 that was absolutely affected by the headgasket meme

See

Bump

4EAT is a fantastic automatic in terms of reliability if you change the ATF twice as often as it says to in the service manual.

Where did the vapers touch you user?

>Badge whore VW
>More reliable
Wew lad 2/10 b8 made me reply

> (OP)
>buy an audi instead
I'd rather have a bicycle

A bicycle is more reliable for sure.

At least you wouldn't have to shill on Veeky Forums to convince yourself you made a great purchase when your Audi is getting repaired for the 10th time in a month.

>I want a Subaru
buy a manual one
>I want automatic
buy some boring reliable cheap going shitbox
don't be a faggot, make a decision.
oh wait there's 3rd option:
>i want a meme Subaroo but i cant drive 4 sheeit XXXDDDD
kys