/wtg/ - War Thunder General

6 105mm Guns Edition

Previous Thread: >> →(Cross-thread)

warthunder.com/en/news/4868-marathon-operation-s-u-m-m-e-r-awards-together-en

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

>Sound Mods:
moddb.com/mods/b0riss-sound-mod/forum/thread/support-for-sound-mod-in-warthunder-165153

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8vUtXvsds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBT-70
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for me being retarded.
Previous thread

reminder to deny slavic subhumans any concession or courtesy

>claim slavs are subhuman
>Lose a war to them and play their games earning them money

Wew lad

Which pay2win bushes I should buy to effectively obstruct silhouette and conceal weak points?

nth for intercepting

>implying I'm a shekelling nazi
lmao

first fo la-7b-20 being the best russian plane

So is Gaijin going to actually model ERA plates correctly or are they just going to halfass it?

Like will the M60A1's ERA plates disrupt the molten jet of a PT-76 HEAT-FS just the same amount as a T-64 HEAT-FS's shell?

No bias )))))))))

>Only 4 kills
Lmao

where are your 3 primary sources to dispute this

I think with 1st gen ERA, it should be enough to counter HEAT-FS pretty well, but not ATGMs.

>structural steel
Alss of those won't stop shit anyways

>where are your 3 primary russian sources to dispute this
fixed

>weeb
dont care, lol

>smug anime girl
do you honestly think you have any right to speak at all?

You didn't answer the question.
The molten jet of a T-64's HEAT-FS is probably 4-5x "stronger" than the PT-76's HEAT-FS. They should react differently to ERA plates. I wouldn't be surprised if in reality a T-64 could, depending on the AOA, penetrate the ERA then penetrate the actual tank.
I'm wondering if they'll actually model that ingame or whether they'll just halfass it.

Or mouse cursor is on extreme angles for some of these vehicles.

"Mystery solved'

>Shitters take pride in 4 kills
LMFAO

How are we supposed to know this?

this was just the most recent picture you turbo tard

show me where i said that :^)

This is about shitty 20mms being able to destroy Sturer Emil's breach atfter penetrating the armour, when they shouldn't be. Emil is alrady bad enough and it's completely unrealistic.
There is only one thickness per object indepent of the angle. thickness =/= effective thickness

Math.

>thinking anyone on a peruvian basket plotting forum would be able to do such complex math

The armor amount on breeches is essentially their HP bar.

You're a molten jet.

I'm not asking the retards here to do that complex math, I'm asking Gaijin.

Why not ask on the forums then?
Why are you asking gaijin here.

GAIJIN MODELS TANK INTERIORS WHEN???

I guess I will because everyone here, excluding me, rode the short bus in school.

>Shitters literally think an average match is impressive
le mao zedong

>he still cant read

>Shitter buttflustered that his average match isn't being praised
Lmao'ing at your life

This sounds awfully like you are pulling that shit right out of your ass.

ERA will disrupt any HEAT penetrator jet which doesn't have a precursor charge but ofcourse the residual penetration will vary depending on how much the original shell could penetrate.

>shitposting for the sake of shitposting
stay BTFO

>shitter thinks I'm shitposting
Lmao, go brag about your 2 assists

>people think the Panther 2 isn't OP
lel I love this tank. Amazing gun and it's fucking fast. Armor isn't bad neither

>says I'm bullshitting
>then agrees with me that HEAT-FS shells of different calibers and base penetration values with interact differently with an ERA plate

Stay confused dude.

stay BTFO

>All these homeschooled redditors
got me good.

>planes

Are Ru-251 and IS-6 players the dumbest people in the game?

They have the most OP tanks in the game and they die so fucking often.

Why would I be BTFO'd when I BTFO people in the tank

put all t29 and premium tigerII owners with them in line

>Are Ru-251 and IS-6 players the dumbest people in the game?
The people who just jumped ahead to 6.7 or 7.0 are going to be, of course. They haven't had that much or any experience at those battle ratings.
Give a man with a thousand + hours in either nation and they should be fantastic

The hell does m/s mean?

meters a second

homeschooling everyone

>bore blunder

No nigger. You obviously didn't see the context. In the post that got deleted a picture had a label m/s under a HEAT jet and an armor plate. An armor plate is not traveling 20 meters a second at a 60 angle.

Whoever made the photo must of miss labeled it and meant millimeters

guise, is ki-100 a good premium to buy?

That or the dumb cunt doesn't know what he's talking about

just put a talisman on the regular ki100 unless you get 75% off

fuck off furry

wait till gaijin adds helicopters
>the new face of american CAS cancer

Talisman doesn't do shit for SL grinding.

At least they are way easier to shoot down

youtube.com/watch?v=fz8vUtXvsds

I wish screaming autistically would increase pen value in War Thunder too, I'd destroy everything with my coaxials then.

>this position still exists
>ru251 still isnt allowed while the 906 is

)))))))))))))))

I wouldn't mind desu.
Helis are so iconic to modern battlefields.

problem with helicopters is how would gaijin impliment them? in the aviation tree? Also what machines will each nation get?

Don't forget they would have to completely change how air rb works or make a new game mode just for them.

Right, I don't see air RB with fighter jets picking off helicopter gunships being, as gaijin rationalizes game mechanics in their own words, fun

Well it could be a new aviation line(i. e. not connected to existing ones) in tier 6. I'm sure you'd be able to assign machines for each country.

This would be a bigger hurdle.

I really hope they can make it work. I loved the helicopters in the april fools

I never was a fan of helis, until I tried playing one for myself during april fools. Now I want them to add them into the game.

Tell me more about this tank?

I'll never get to play it because making it past tier 4 Germany is near impossible with stupid teammates, unbalanced mm, cas shitters, postwar nonsense, and low rewards.

It was a tank so modern it wasn't viable for mass production, because of the costs. Ridicilously advanced(at the time) fire control system, stabilised cuppolas and guns, retractable, remote-controlled autocannon mounted on the side of turret, smoke launchers, hydropneumatic suspension, NBC, powerhouse of an engine(30hp/t, hellcat-tier mobility, both forwards and backwards), very low profile(could go as low as 2 meters in height), fighting compartment completely separated from the hull, 152mm autoloaded gun/launcher with 10RPM able to shoot a variety of ammo types.

It goes on and on, basically feature creep: the tank.

How can Slav(e)s even compete?

Is the Ki-94 worth shekeling up 3200 GE for?

Japanese ta 152 with worse performance from what I hear, but I don't know. I stopped caring for the event after I got my pakwagen

>is it worth to shekel up for plane that doesnt fit game meta ?

idk user, how often you go above 10k meters

I'll hold onto my GE then

not worth spending money on a non-premium tier 4 that doesn't come spaded

That's fucking retarded.

the only non-spaded non-premium thing that would be worthy of considering for that price is the a7m3
a shitty p47 with better guns at 5.7 is definitely not worth it

Does anyone else think they should raise plane BRs for ground RB?

Also, from Wikipedia:

"By 1969 the project was well over budget and Germany withdrew from the effort. They developed a new main battle tank on their own, the Leopard 2. In the US, MBT-70 development continued for a short time, until 1971 when Congress cancelled the program. They began development of a less expensive design, which became the M1 Abrams. Although the MBT-70 failed to enter service, the Leopard 2 and M1 are the current main battle tanks of both countries."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBT-70

So the MBT-70 is effectively the first prototype design of both the Leopard 2 and Abrams.

No, in fact they should be lowered.

Yes, it's a very good plane, especially in ground RB.

I am not a Prototype, I am a real tank!

solid tank, until panzer pops out

Things to know.
>Current armor profiles are dubious. Believe nothing. Gaijin will likely get it wrong, Mai is trying to speak for Gaijin and is known to be full of enough shit that it's leaking out the ears, but even the best-case scenario it will be mince-meat for a T-64.

IRL, It was a technological overload and half the shit didn't work well.
>Drivers disoriented to hell, being in the turret and all.
>Turret is a fully encased, armored bucket which means a penetrating shot is going to kill the entire crew, but at least provides it far better protection from hull hits.
>The special caseless-like ammunition hated getting wet and often got damaged by the autoloader.
>The hull aft by the engine, in any profile out there, has armor thin enough to get minced by a KVPT.
>The 20mm was awkward to use IRL and crews didn't really like it.
>The gun was a bit of a hot mess as the only new ammo delivered was 152mm APDSFS-T. Penetration statistics are hazy, but not excellent regardless. Later DU ammo improved it marginally. It can fire autoloaded MGM-51s though, which are good, but the penetration will struggle with T-64s.
>The engine is ripshit fast and goes equally fast in reverse.
>Has the fancy hydropneumatic suspension and can get deceptively low to the ground.

In WT
>It's a Ru-251 embiggened with a 152mm.
>Depending in the armor profile used, it might be anywhere from marginally well defended in the front, to tissue paper.
>Depending on the APDSFS-T performance, it might not be able to even fight T-64s frontally.
>The entire tank weighs on what stats Gaijin gives it.

You are so fucking stupid

kys

I went back to grind smoke launchers on a 1.0 Jap tank yesterday. Did some flanking, Killed a NBFZ, thanks to his mild-steel armour... flanked an M2A4... Shoot him in the side.. and again... and again... 7 shots bounce off his side armour... then one of his team-mates just kills me.

It turns out that my gun only had 23mm of pen at 500m and his tank was 25mm thick all round.

Smoke has to be one of the most annoying and frustrating things added to the game

Skyrocketing costs and neverending development, were result of unrealistic expectations of tank being state of the art weapon, and at same time complete, matured design before it's approved for production by congress.

fucking when ?

>So the MBT-70 is effectively the first prototype design of both the Leopard 2 and Abrams.

It was a joint feature destined for failure from the get-go. The two nations had wildly different expectations and requirements for armor going into the MBT-70 project and ultimately their differences helped expedite it's failure by driving costs up.

A very short version is:
USA
>Armor > Speed
>Off-Road Speed doesn't matter.
>NBC Protection is an after-thought.
>Engagement Distance: As far as possible.
>Our MGM-51 ATGMs are the best projectile for this.
>60t Weight Limit

Germany
>Speed > Armor
>NBC Protection is a requirement.
>Off-Road capability is really important.
>Engagement Distance: 1000m or less (thus conventional cannons are better than ATGMs)
>Our 120mm is probably the best gun for this.
>50t Weight Limit (due to bridges in Germany)

Really? I rarely see anyone at all use it effectively. They usually get hit with a mobility-kill first in RB, before popping it, and are gutted through the smoke anyways.

In AB, I see it spammed sometimes, but that's AB for you.

It's not so bad in lower tiers but usually it goes

>Fire at someone's small weakpoint
>Get a good hit
>They smash the smoke button
>Can't see anything
>They drive off
>5 minutes later
>ASSIST

or

>Someone shoots at me
>they bounce/fail to pen
>They chimpout and load smoke
>They blast me with smoke
>Can't see anything for the next 5 minutes

well, germany and US still have the chance to get the Keiler and XM1 if the MBT doesnt cut it.

Air sim is hard

>mfw I used to meme about the Abrams getting in the game
>mfw now it's a very real possibility

>suddenly gain a desire to spade all american naval fighters/bombers in preparation for botes
>realize I will never get the PV2D

No HEAT shell is going to have a tandem charge. They'll all be completely fucked by the ERA.